A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,221
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cable Eight Along from Interweave Knits Spring 2005...whose along?  (Read 6535 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

elmenzino
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005 06:22:36 PM »

Ahhhh.  i wanted to make this right after the issue came out, but I wasn't sure if it was going to be too bulky.  Luckily a few girls on Livejournal have made it and it looks 10x better on "normal people" than the interweave models.  Yay.  I'll get started as soon as I figure out a good sub.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitkatgrrl

Here knitty kitty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2005 10:33:39 PM »

Yay, the more the merrier!  Can't wait to see the finished product, cameras4toys! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't beat 'em, knit for 'em.
knitkatgrrl

Here knitty kitty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2005 06:32:13 PM »

Ok, so I am 25% done.  Well, maybe a little more than that!  So far so good, but I am a little worried.  It's coming out very springy.  See the picture below, I had to hold one end w/ the iron and the other end w/ my hand so I could stretch it out so you could see the pattern.  I wonder if this is going to be too snug???  I measured my chest and it's a 36" so I made the sweater that is 38.5".  Maybe the yarn is springy.

Mojisha, are you having the same prob?Huh?

Here is one up close...i love this cable pattern...

How are you guys coming along?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

cameras4toys

"Tears are the orgasm of laughter!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2005 01:54:12 PM »

I also was afraid it would be too snug - but the crochet border adds an inch to each side. Mine fits, but be sure to have a nice gauge on your crochet - my edges were a little loose- they rippled and so the sided are lumpy - I have to rip out my crochet and redo it so it lays nice and flat.

Hoefully I'll get photos tonight
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mojisha
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2005 02:23:35 PM »

Cameras4toys, I can't wait to see your finished piece!  Hmm...I've never done a crochet edging before, is it tricky? 

Knitkatgrrl, I'm sorry to say I'm waiting on my yarn to arrive.   Undecided  I couldn't decide on what to use and wound up ordering the Rowan ASC online.  I should be diving in on this project by the end of the week.  I am also 36" and plan on doing the 38.5"...I hope it won't be too stretched out!  I worry about all those little holes where the cables cross.  I really don't want to have to wear a camisole underneath it, yet I don't want it peek-a-boo either. I can't wait to get started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my new digs at http://shysalamander.typepad.com
cameras4toys

"Tears are the orgasm of laughter!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2005 03:00:06 PM »

My photos are up on my blog... Maybe I can model it outdoors this weekend.

www.d-made.blogspot.com

Note: My friend Janell (http://janellt.blogspot.com/) altered hers and added sleeves and a v-neck.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005 05:05:04 PM by cameras4toys » THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitkatgrrl

Here knitty kitty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2005 12:51:59 PM »

camera4toys:

Lovely, lovely work, my dear!  It looks great and thanks for the advice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

linda63pt
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2005 07:46:17 PM »

camera4toys:  It looks great! Thanks for all your tips! I've been eyeing this along with some others, but am nervous about anything I have to sew!! I'm going to try and jump in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitkatgrrl

Here knitty kitty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2005 06:33:02 PM »

Hi all...just an update on where I am at.  I just cast off the first piece.  FYI, the size I knitted called for 6 of the cable pattern repeat (1-12) and then one set of rows 1-6.  I did not do the last section of rows 1-6 because it was definitely long enough (if not too long).  Just as long as I do the same for the second piece, there shouldn't be a problem.  Now, if someone could just teach me how to crochet...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mojisha
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2005 02:36:47 PM »

Ok...I have a question about this.  I'm not sure if I'm doing the cables correctly.  They look terrible in the pic, but it might be because it's not blocked.  They don't look that bad if I stretched them out, but I'm still not certain if they're correct. In the mag the cables look really round, but when I stretched mine out, they still looked pretty skinny. 

So, you slip 4sts onto the cable needle.  Those go in front, right?  Then you knit behind the cable needle the next two stitches on the left needle.  Then, and here's my confusion, you slip the two purl stitches (they would be the third and fourth stitches put on the cable needle, the ones on the left side) back onto the left needle and purl them.  At this time, the two knit stitches on the cable needle are still in front, right?  Can anyone shed any light on this for me?  You can see the whole bad first attempt on my blog (my siggy at the bottom) and see all the mistakes I've made thus far. 

Thanks guys!!  And camerasfortoys...your FO is wonderful!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my new digs at http://shysalamander.typepad.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Butter Sculpture
Mesquite Tree Used for Woodwork in Texas
How to Make Homemade Lanterns
How to Make a Glitter Garland
The McSpadden Dulcimers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...