A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
487 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embroidered Pouches-Pricing+Opinions Plz  (Read 542 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

syri

Painfully Plain

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2009 11:39:45 PM »

I am hoping to open an etsy shop, starting with these pouches as my first product. I am a forest of questions. On to the pictures first, (I'll include links in case the pictures don't work)

Heart pouch

Heart Detail

The synapse one has not been made into a pouch yet but it will be the same as the heart. I acknowledge that the pictures are pretty cruddy but it is the middle of the night and my (makeshift)light tent imploded a few days ago, the pictures will be retaken if/when I list these for sale. They are about 7x11x4cm which is to say 2.75x4.33x1.57inche s to my american friends, so says an online measurement converter Wink
They are hand embroidered, lined with the same material as the outside, with a zip and without interfacing (I personally like softer pouches but what is your take on this?)
I am of the personal opinion that they would make for good purse size first aid kits (as I am also the type of person that needs first aid kits, some say clumsy) of course as just one of the potential uses. I know I can't possibly be the only person who is prone to cuts and scrapes but what do you think is the interest in this sort of thing? Or would it be best to promote general use, rather than aid+general use?

What do you think? Would you buy them? How much would you pay? What should I improve?

I am having a hard time gauging by other items on etsy, as there is nothing all that similar in size or skill level (not that I am the best but there are a great many people better at purses/pouches, but also a great many beginner embroiderers, which I am not)
I am trying to find a happy medium between what I think I should earn(for the time at a reasonable wage) and what other people think they should pay.

Your Opinions Please!!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009 08:32:12 PM by syri » THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009 11:06:35 AM »

I'm not sure a first aid kit would be a real popular seller, but I believe zippered pouches in general go pretty well, and if you include a small inner pocket for bandaids and aspirin, whoever buys it can use it or stick their gum and chapstick there instead. With embroidery you have to sell it so it's worth it to you to keep making them.

I don't know how much time you spend on each individual one so I'm stuck on a pricing opinion other than that. If you slave over each one and only sell 'em for 8 bucks, you're going to tire of making them right quick.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

syri

Painfully Plain

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009 03:11:30 PM »

Fair enough. The reason why I am asking what people would be willing to pay is because it also wouldn't be worth it to try and sell them at a price the market can't bear. I certaintly won't be selling them for $8 Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jeri Smith-Ready Reveals Her Previous Occupations
Jennet Conant Talks About The Irregulars
Philippa Gregory Talks About Margaret Beaufort Part 2
Philippa Gregory Talks About Margaret Beaufort Part 3
Meet Author Andrew Clements
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...