A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
766 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Little Bit of Scrap Craft Retreat - A REVIEW  (Read 1056 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 27, 2009 05:28:12 PM »

(Mods, if this isn't allowed, please delete!)

Hello ladies!  I just wanted to give a little shout out to a crafting retreat I went to over the weekend.  I have no affiliation/stake in this place, but in these tough times, I would imagine that it's tough for her to drum up enough business to stay open, and since I enjoyed my stay so much, I thought I would do my part to help!   Cheesy

A Little Bit of Scrap is a craft retreat in Grantsburg, Wisconsin.  It's (obviously) geared towards scrappers, but welcomes people of any crafty persuasion!  In our seven member group, we crocheted, knitted, spun, made paper, did poly clay, resin, and sewing/quilting. 

The owner pays a lot of attention to detail, and there was quite a lot of space for us to spread out.  A large kitchen with lots of amenities, a comfortable living room with a lot of movies.  (Many girly ones, perfect for post-crafting vegging!)  Free wireless internet, and Select Comfort mattresses to boot!  Not to mention a nice selection of Sizzix dies and a Sizzix available for use!

The location is very quiet serene, but not too far out of town to make the occasional trip to a grocery store or convenience store out of the question.  It accommodates up to 10 people, which makes a three day weekend really affordable even now.

If you're looking for a weekend crafting experience, and want to get a little ways out of town, I highly recommend it.  (panul, PinFish, and GrammaBiskit heartily agree as well!)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009 05:29:01 PM by littlebiskit » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Print a Coloring Book Using Personal Photos
Violin Lessons - How to Use the Violin Bow
How to Learn Basic Blackjack Strategy
Violin Lessons - Different Parts of the Bow
What are the Different Parts on the Violin
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...