A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,126
Currently Running With Scissors:
452 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Viva la France (ou Francais) Swap Gallery  (Read 7475 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009 07:12:06 PM »

how clever to make a pique-nique set!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
grenouille78
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009 10:53:51 PM »

I hope they serve you well, batgirl!

how clever to make a pique-nique set!

I have made those bread baskets before (I have one and love it) and had already thought maybe I would do that for this swap. Then I saw it on her wist and knew it was meant to be!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2009 11:43:38 PM »

As soon as the rain stops I am taking my French boy on a picnic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
nataluna

strange is not a crime

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009 04:33:14 PM »

i need to be purple now, because i HAVE received une boite d'awesomeness from AuHasard!!!
and she apparently went all the way to France to mail it!  Wink
it came inside an amazingly HUGE sac en woven plastique, kinda like a feed sack.  it's odd and yet cool and it says LA POSTE on it.  i am SO making something interesting out of that.
also i did get actual crafts from AuHasard!  and those include a great happy beret (which looks like it might actually fit my unnaturally large cranium, except i haven't tried it because i was home sick -well, except the PO run- and didn't wash my hair today). and an ami-gurumi (LOL) and TINTIN COOKIES and all kinds of great stuffs.  so i will post photos when la pluie stops and i can actually see things.  so, like ... demain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my swaps and crafts
cumber1137
Livin' to swap

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009 06:39:02 PM »

Ooh love the message board. Everything looks great. I can't believe it's been 7 months since my trip to France.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist --> http://www.wists.com/cumber1137

"Huzza for the tipper with the squished up boobs" - Luke from Gilmore Girls.
donniesgirl
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2009 08:30:12 AM »

I am posting pics of what I sent NessaMcTastic because her camera broke.  

First, I embroidered a heart with a "heart" quote from Le Petit Prince, one of her favorite books.  Then I machine embroidered the heart onto a dishtowel.

Next, because we share a love for Provence, I crafted a little recipe for Herbes de Provence.  One side is in English & the other is in French.  Smiley

To go with the recipe, I made little herb markers for each of the herbs so she can grow & make her own Herbes de Provence.  Smiley

The herb markers are all en francais, bien sur.  Don't mind the cardboard box - I had to seal them in there.

Anyway, thanks for a great swap, NessaMcTastic!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009 08:30:59 AM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eloise24
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2009 01:35:56 PM »

Here is what I sent to Scotskipper402. These are the pictures I took before shipping. Sorry if they are really no good (Scotskipper402, feel free to post better pictures!)

A book my partner wanted to read in French. I got it whilst rummaging through the book stores on St-Denis st. in Montreal. There where other editions, but I went strait for the oldest. It had the most character. Elle a du vcu! There is also a fur flower. I wanted to make a camellia, as my partner said she liked them, but I guess it looks more like a rose. 

A 'lavender' illustration I made

An art deco illustration (inspired by a well known French artist)

Nautical earrings (why, I am from northern France, so I had to include something like that!) and an art deco pin (inspired by glass work).

I hope you like it all, Scotskipper402!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nataluna

strange is not a crime

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2009 02:04:19 PM »

OK i finally got to faire des photos this morning.

so here is all the things together:

an eco-craft which is recipes from a calendar (great because i need to brush up on my vocab and learn new recipes) attached with a crocheted flower, which she suggested i might want to use elsewhere instead.  great idea:  right after making the photos, i already attached it on the hat!!

i had said my local bookstores quit carrying MarieClaireIdees, and i missed it.  and i had said my favorite french style was rustic, hence the MaisonEnCampagne!  i like the european-language magazines (i used to get spanish and italian, too, before my bookstore quit having them) so i can pick up new words and new style ideas at the same time.

candy almonds in national colors (they are GONE NOW -mmmm- but i am totally going to find a use for that nice antique-style ribbon!)

now for les pieces de resistance...

we have the BERET!  in a color i like and need to wear more of, and now i will!  cos it fits (^_^) i finally got to wash my hair and try it on.  the color is a little brighter than it shows up in the photo, and it's a really nice soft heathered (cotton?) yarn.
and the AMI-gurumi, now you see.  he's a little french friend out of crochet.  he will be great to show my students and say "this is a stereotype but maybe you can still see him occasionally..." and have them think of USA stereotypes that are still alive and well somewhere, but maybe not the usual that you see everyday.

and this is funny

because of how we were all joking about eiffel towers... she managed to find an eiffel tower print that is both slightly loud (i prefer bright colors) and yet completely tasteful!!  amazing.  it's so pretty and is making me want to sew something out of it almost immediately!

now for some tiny items,

a ribbon that says "c'est moi qui l'ai fait" to say that i DIYed something i sew it on...
and a great little cellphone charm representing a fleur de lys and a french franc(s) from the pre-euro days LOL

i had to take a pic of this even though it's "just" a box.  

but i grew up practicing all my languages trying to read the TINTIN and ASTERIX books belonging to some friends of my parents.  and so Tintin and he and his friends and nemesises(?) have a lot of happy memories for me.  and i am pretty sure the cookies are ok (AuHasard was concerned they might not make it) but i put the sealed packet from inside into the fridge just in case to get the chocolate good and solid again, then we are going to try them.  it's around 30c (over 80f) all this week, so... yeah.  not so great for chocolate in the mail, but they sure look like they made it.

MERCI, AtRandom!!
i really really hope mine gets to you soon.  but i mailed it like at least 5 days later than you, so ... maybe no need to panic yet (which didn't stop me panicking last week!  but now yours arrived here i feel like mine might make it to Belgium, too.)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009 02:05:16 PM by nataluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my swaps and crafts
nataluna

strange is not a crime

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2009 02:08:02 PM »

wow Eloise, you are really talented!!
i wish i could draw like that...

or embroider like donniesgirl!  that lettering looks really nice and i love that quote, too.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009 02:09:01 PM by nataluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my swaps and crafts
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2009 02:09:35 PM »

I am crashing your gallery to say that I LOVE that drawing of the Art Deco lady.  So jealous of your drawing skills Eloise.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best & Worst Celebrity Beauty Looks
Model Beauty Secrets
LA Girl Brand Concealer Product Review
Barbie Lips Makeup Tutorial
Makeup Tips for a Fresh Fall Look
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...