This is a diaper clutch I made as a gift for a friend. The button on the front is decorative as it uses Velcro to close. It's large enough for the wipes clutch and a few diapers. You might be able to fit a few more things in, but it was really intended as a way to keep diapers and wipes together when you want to throw them in your purse rather than take a diaper bag.
This is a wipes case I decorated to go with the clutch. It was super simple, and yet not. By that I mean I wasn't careful enough with the hot glue gun and ended up burning myself on the glue. I love the way it looks but the pom poms (while way cute) do create a problem. They make it hard to shut because sometimes they get in the way and the case won't shut tightly. In this case is was no big deal (she's using cloth wipes), but if you were using store bought wipes they would dry out.
Since my friend is doing cloth diapers I thought it would be a good idea to have a separate little bag to keep the soiled ones in if she had to change a diaper while being out and about.
This bag was a first for me in a couple of different ways. It was my first zipper pouch and it was my first slit pocket.
I lined the bag in vinyl, but my mother suggested that even being lined it may be hard to clean and get all gross. So I put in a slit pocket for holding Ziploc bags that the soiled diaper can go into before going into the main bag. I realize that you could skip the main bag altogether, but by having it you are hiding the dirty diaper. Which to me is a good thing.
Here is the changing pad I made to match. Way simple to make. You just cut material to be the size you want (allowing for seams-especially if you are doing the front the way I did). Then you put them right sides together with some quilted batting sandwhiched in between and sew around the edges. Make sure to leave space unsewn for you to turn and to add in the ribbon for tying closed. Flip it so you have the material showing keeping the batting in between. Pin in the ribbon where you want it to be and then top stich around the edges. It may help press the edges with your iron.
Finally, I made her some diaper wipes. It's just two pieces of flannel wrong sides together and then zigzag stitched around the outside.