A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,793
Currently Running With Scissors:
826 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Diaper Essentials (Pict Heavy)  (Read 1360 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« on: April 25, 2009 03:29:38 PM »

This is a diaper clutch I made as a gift for a friend. The button on the front is decorative as it uses Velcro to close. It's large enough for the wipes clutch and a few diapers. You might be able to fit a few more things in, but it was really intended as a way to keep diapers and wipes together when you want to throw them in your purse rather than take a diaper bag.

This is a wipes case I decorated to go with the clutch. It was super simple, and yet not. By that I mean I wasn't careful enough with the hot glue gun and ended up burning myself on the glue. I love the way it looks but the pom poms (while way cute) do create a problem. They make it hard to shut because sometimes they get in the way and the case won't shut tightly. In this case is was no big deal (she's using cloth wipes), but if you were using store bought wipes they would dry out.

Since my friend is doing cloth diapers I thought it would be a good idea to have a separate little bag to keep the soiled ones in if she had to change a diaper while being out and about.
This bag was a first for me in a couple of different ways. It was my first zipper pouch and it was my first slit pocket.
I lined the bag in vinyl, but my mother suggested that even being lined it may be hard to clean and get all gross. So I put in a slit pocket for holding Ziploc bags that the soiled diaper can go into before going into the main bag. I realize that you could skip the main bag altogether, but by having it you are hiding the dirty diaper. Which to me is a good thing.

Here is the changing pad I made to match. Way simple to make. You just cut material to be the size you want (allowing for seams-especially if you are doing the front the way I did). Then you put them right sides together with some quilted batting sandwhiched in between and sew around the edges. Make sure to leave space unsewn for you to turn and to add in the ribbon for tying closed. Flip it so you have the material showing keeping the batting in between. Pin in the ribbon where you want it to be and then top stich around the edges. It may help press the edges with your iron.

Finally, I made her some diaper wipes. It's just two pieces of flannel wrong sides together and then zigzag stitched around the outside.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
SapphireGypsy
If it's Nerdy, I'll make it.

Don't make me use my wand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009 04:16:52 PM »

What great baby gifts!!! I was thinking about using cloth diapers myself when I finally start having kids. Beautiful fabric choices (I recently used that black swirly fabric myself, and I love it.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crendon
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009 04:46:23 PM »

wow! this is a thoughtful gift! i really like the fabric choice...not the standard baby stuff! very classy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aliped

Only dead fish go with the flow ....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009 05:20:20 PM »

This is excellent work!  Good thinking meleriffic! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Candy Cane Nails
3 Spices That Speed Up Your Metabolism
Dazzle Her with Diamonds This Holiday
Easy & Festive Holiday Beauty Tutorials
Holiday Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...