A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
489 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I don't want any more menus crammed into my door!!  (Read 6446 times)
Tags for this thread: sign  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

donniesgirl
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009 08:29:56 AM »

Hmm...I may make a version that hangs from the door knob of my house.  I'm tired of the Chinese restaurants/pizza/lawn care/painting companies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009 10:07:25 AM »

I'm very interested to see if this pans out. What a good idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
KrisCreates

Keep on rockin' in the craft world!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009 11:17:56 AM »

Haha, my friend used to draw little pictures of trees and things and write happy little messages like "I like trees, please don't put junk mail in my mailbox, it hurts my beloved trees! Help me help them!"  then stick the little sign to her Mailbox.  It was pretty funny and actually worked! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melyssa_marie
so tacky its classy

tattooeddahlia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009 02:25:14 PM »

reminds me of all the obnoxious program solicitations i had crammed on/under my door when i lived on campus. nothing like slipping on a sheet of paper to wake you up in the morning!

the color and font make it very nice. i don't think its rude at all.

also, my dog got loose the other day and decided to take a poo in the neighbors back yard. i grabbed her mid-log and carted her squaty butt home, grabbed a plastic bag, then i marched over and picked up that poo! c'mon pet people, its really not that hard.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Slue-Foot Sue
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009 05:23:48 PM »

Hmm...I may make a version that hangs from the door knob of my house.  I'm tired of the Chinese restaurants/pizza/lawn care/painting companies.
The doorknob is a good idea since a lot of the flyers are made specifically to go around a door knob.

Also, thank you to everyone who liked the font and colors. I think it might have been a little better looking if I had not been drinking when I made it!  Wink
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009 05:25:06 PM by Slue-Foot Sue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
funkensteins
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009 07:00:08 AM »

I put a sign on my door once that read, "Go away and I mean you" It was just temporary because I had annoying neighbors I did not want to talk to. 5 seconds after I took it down, they were knocking away!  Tongue

I may have to come up with  a fun door sign for this house. I like all my neighbors, and I get almost no solicitors or papers, so maybe something fun and whimsical! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

42elefantes
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009 11:20:03 AM »

nothing like slipping on a sheet of paper to wake you up in the morning!
Yes!!!  I am so clumsy, it can be dangerous coming in and out of my apartment with those sneaky pieces of paper in the doorway.  I was thinking of just adding some weatherproofing so hopefully menus and religious tracts would no longer fit, but this is a cute idea.  I would probably need it in Mandarin and/or Cantonese and Spanish if I really want it to work, though.  The delivery guys seem to be pretty diverse in my neighborhood.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009 01:46:17 PM »

I made a sign for the shop the swap...

I'm not sure how well it worked - it was for an inside apartment. I used an art canvas and then sprayed it with several coats of sealer.

A piece of wood might work well for an outside version. It took a  lot of magazines to find all the letters, but this is one of my favorite art/craft things of late  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

— Agnes Whistling Elk
L-train
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009 08:37:32 AM »

Great sign! I have a much less crafty handwritten one, which worked for a little while. Now (a year later) I get tons of leaflets. My sign seems only to keep away the local newspaper, which I don't really mind getting. Oh well.

That's an awesome idea, I don't find it rude at all, on the contrary, it's very polite!! It's a shame that it wouldn't really work that well for me in the UK, I'd love to stop all the crap that comes through my letter box.

In the UK we have letter boxes, not mail boxes, so mail is posted directly into the house. What's more, leaflets are also given to the Royal Mail to deliver, so there is no choice in the matter, it gets posted in with our regular mail. There is a rule that they are only supposed to deliver no more than 3 pieces of unsolicited mail a week, but I know I've had more than that delivered in the past.

My dog attacks our post, so after I've grabbed the important mail, I let her chew on the junk.

Every now and then we get people delivering Avon magazines, or other magazines selling stuff, and they request that we leave them on the doorstep to collect on a certain day. They soon stopped delivering them when I returned them ripped to shreds... Good Dog!!!

You can opt out of the junk mail from Royal Mail. I had to fill in a form, which I got from their website. Sometimes they still deliver it anyway, but I think I get less now. I'm always tempted to take the junk and put it back in the post box down the road, but my more mature & responsible husband always recycles it before I get the chance.

And I also get fed up with people who leave catalogues and expect to get them back. I have a sign out saying not to leave it in the first place, and you expect me to go out of my way to make sure you get it back?   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Olivegreenspring

Oh, then, I see Queen Mab hath been with you!

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009 03:16:36 PM »

I adore the signs, I don't find them rude at all. Then again, I'm not going door to door. I really need one of these signs because I'm the kind of girl that gets stuck talking to people for an hour because I don't have the guts to tell them I'm not interested.  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Novelist and Actor Eric Bogosian on Perforated Heart
Jodi Picoult Talks About the Inspiration Behind House Rules
Trailer of Young Guns: A New Generation of Conservative Leaders
Louise the Big Cheese Book Trailer
Helen Mirren Talks About Her Book and Writing
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...