A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,188
Currently Running With Scissors:
681 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Concert Ticket wedges  (Read 5302 times)
Tags for this thread: decoupage_shoes  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

visual muse-ic

Some pursue happiness, others create it

View Profile WWW
« on: April 25, 2009 01:38:02 PM »

I make a lot of things with ticket stubs, and have wanted to make a pair of shoes using them for a while.  The only problem was finding a pair of shoes that had substantial surface area to decoupage without working on the top of the shoes, which I'm afraid would crack and peel after a few wears.
Then, like a gift from the gods I found this pair at Goodwill new for $4 in my size!  Cheesy

Unfortunately, after making them and falling in love with them, I tried to wear them out and realized that they're about a 1/2 size too big and I can't even walk in them without my feet falling out!
I'll have to figure out a way to add an extra strap to keep my feet in, any suggestions would be much appreciated!  Otherwise I'll have to sadly pass them on to a friend with bigger feet.  Undecided

Also, does anyone have any experience with Hard Coat Mod Podge vs. Outdoor Mod Podge?
It would make sense to use the Outdoor version for these, but the Hard Coat also said it was water resistant and I thought I'd get more use out of a jar of the Hard Coat, so that's what I opted for.  I'll probably top it off with a coat of polyurethane, anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JamaicaLuvly
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009 02:41:50 PM »

The shoes are great, I love them! You did a fabulous job!! As far as being a bit big for you, the thing that has worked for me in the past with shoes that are a bit large is to put those little self adhesive gel pads in them that go only in the front part of the shoe where your toes and the ball of your foot is. They sell them at walmart with the socks and all. They seem to work wonders as far as making the shoe fit a bit snugger. Might be worth the few bucks to try it out before giving them away to someone else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
N30Nb100d
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009 03:02:14 PM »

awesome shoes!! I love how all the different colors of the tickets/shoes look together, and usually I'm not a fan of brown.
In addition to the little pads that go under the ball of your foot, there are also little pillow-like things (I'm so good with names  Roll Eyes ) that go in the heel against the back of the shoes, not under your feet. I think they're for blisters, but some are quite thick and if that's where there is extra space, they can fill it up. I don't know where they sell them, but I feel like you could even make some yourself with some fabric scraps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kholbert
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009 03:04:38 PM »

I'm seconding the inserts-- they'll make them more comfy and probably make them fit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JamaicaLuvly
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009 04:59:38 PM »

There is also stuff called moleskin that you can cut to fit that is self adhesive that you can attach to the heel portion of the shoe. It's in the aisle with all the dr. scholls (sp?) inserts and foot products at walmart or any store that carries that type of thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tendstowardschaos
'Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.' - N. Bonaparte

Motivated by the desire to achieve.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009 07:48:09 PM »

I don't have any suggestions for making them fit better, but, they're very cool! I recognized the band...you wouldn't be from West Michigan, would ya?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chimes
the chimenator

the chimenator

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009 07:51:03 AM »

oh wow, these are amazing!  what a steal on the goodwill shoes too. I wish I had the balls to cut up my tickets and use them for something like this.  I'm too chicken b/c I don't want to lose them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visual muse-ic

Some pursue happiness, others create it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009 10:02:19 PM »

I recognized the band...you wouldn't be from West Michigan, would ya?  Wink
Yep!  Grew up in West MI and started seeing Umphrey's McGee out there, but have since moved to Ohio and I'm missing Lake Michigan like crazy! 

Thanks for the comments and advice, you guys have restored my hope in being able to wear these out sometime soon!  The inserts sound like a great idea, I'll definitely give them a try! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RanaMae
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012 12:27:40 PM »

These are awesome!  Cheesy I don't have interesting looking ticket stubs like that and I don't think I could bare possibly messing them up and losing them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frenchonion

Keep calm and make a list

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012 03:52:06 PM »

These are so cute!

I used to hoard movie ticket stubs, but I lost them all during a move. Sad times. Sad

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like What You see?
http://www.merlodesigns.etsy.com

I think I'm interesting!
twitter.com/merlodesigns
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mark Nepo on His Book "Seven Thousand Ways to Listen"
Susannah Cahalan on Her Book "Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness"
Sheryl Brady Presents Her Book "You Have It In You"
Alfie Boe Discusses His Autobiography, "My Story"
Authors Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian on Their Novel "Burn for Burn"
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...