A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 304,846
Currently Running With Scissors:
528 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Handmade Bird Swap, Sweat Shoppe Style! -- SEND OUT 4/30  (Read 14037 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

OhThat
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2009 09:05:09 AM »

I received the neatest little bird yesterday from Jrain.  I call him "Davis".  I can't get over how different all of the birds are, it's so exciting to open every package!

And here he is:

Thanks Jrain!!!  He's wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Avesthel
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2009 09:22:03 AM »

Cute owl!!  Cheesy

Yay!  Camera is charged and so here we go!  Cheesy 

The first package I opened was a sewn bird from goatgoddess!  He's very cute, I love the colors and the beady eye is perfect!  Thank you!   Cheesy

And the next package I opened was from Vanyel.  It's a gorgeous silver pendant with a cute fat birdie!  Cheesy  I love it, thank you!  How did you do that bird on the silver?  Is it a stamp or some sort of etching?

And then the next package was from crafty gurll.  It is a super cute owl embroidery!   Cheesy   And also a little birdie friend for the owl.  Cheesy  Thank you!

And then I opened my last package and it was from colorfuldayz.  I love the beaded tail, so cute!  And also the machine embroidery part, it really gives it an interesting texture to the 'feathers'.   Thank you!  Cheesy

Thanks, everyone for the lovely birds!   Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Colorfuldayz
Colorfuldayz

www.Colorfuldayz.com

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2009 09:42:12 AM »

How fun, with all the little birdies coming home to roost! I am amazed at all the different takes on it. I love the woodburning. I also received one of jrain's amazing papercut owls in a forest, and will post a picture later of it. This is a really great swap~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vanyel
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2009 10:13:04 AM »

Avesthel-I actually made the bird design by sandblasting the pattern on. First I made a little sketch, which I cut out of contact paper and applied to the metal after texturing and polishing. It's quite gratifying to pull the contact paper off and see what you end up with.

I received a beautiful birdy from colorfuldayz yesterday-I'll put it up once I get a chance to take pictures
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Avesthel
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2009 11:23:37 AM »

Vanyel, I never would have guessed sandblasting!  Very cool!  Cheesy  It does sound like it would be gratifying to peel off the paper and see what you ended up with.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stargardener
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2009 12:17:34 PM »

I love the neclaces!  They are really cool.  I actually love all the birds! 
I can't wait to see the rest. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

purlgurlknits
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2009 02:08:47 PM »

I just picked up a little package of birdie goodness from my PO Box today, but do not know who sent it...
Calhan CO 80808

I'm at work, so I don't have access to my camera. I'll take snaps and post by tomorrow. Thank you whomever your are  Huh... < hoot hoot >

Since I won't get home until late tonight, I decided to scan the latest bird that arrived by mail today...I don't think he minded it a bit...presenting lukenlarry's

He's a quiltted owl about 4 inches tall x 1-1/2 wide.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009 05:11:16 PM by purlgurlknits » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog ||  ravelry ||  wist
swaps: handmade bird swap, coraline mystery box swap
Jen Sews

Formerly known as lukenlarry

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2009 03:44:52 PM »

I just picked up a little package of birdie goodness from my PO Box today, but do not know who sent it...
Calhan CO 80808

I'm at work, so I don't have access to my camera. I'll take snaps and post by tomorrow. Thank you whomever your are  Huh... < hoot hoot >

Sounds like its from me!  I don't know any other crafters out in my neck of the woods.   I usually put my username on the back of the package, but I must have forgotten to do that this time.  Glad you like him! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

SarahBlais
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2009 06:39:47 PM »

I've received 3 birdies so far.

The first is from April in Florida. Is that you Avesthal? I love the color.  Looking forward to hanging this one up in the window!

Second is from rackycoo. Again, I love the color of this little birdie, which she has named Fracis! I might take her to work and set her on my desk there.

And third is an amazing package from purlgirlknits. A great little upcycled owl, Bob! He reminds me of a scarf set that I had back in high school. She included a beautiful box and couple of little extras too!

Thanks so much everyone! I love it all and can't wait to get the last two birds! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

OhThat
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2009 07:16:21 PM »

The birds are all so great.  That little owl looks SO cuddly, what a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Deal with Hair Breakage
How to Curl Your Hair with a Flat Iron: Glam Look
How to Deal with Curly Hair
How to Deal with Fine Hair
How to Cover Roots
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...