A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
489 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: More Thread Crochet Baby Goodies! -very pic heavy- NOW LOOKING FOR TESTERS!  (Read 5319 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dawnsierra
« on: April 24, 2009 02:31:17 PM »

UPDATE:
. . . . . .

First off I was completely shocked I won the shell stitch challenge! I'm currently waiting with baited breath for superhooker's wonderful custom dyed yarn thread for my prize. *Glee!* (I'll post pics of the thread just as soon as it arrives! Thanks again to superhooker for going to so much trouble!) As many of your know my post here features the bonnets and also booties from the set I entered for the challenge. Several people asked if patterns would be made available and that they would like to test them. Well I do hope the offer still stands.. lol

If you ARE interested in helping test these patterns please stop by my deviant art account for further information.
Oh and if you have a deviant art account go ahead and add me and let me know so I can add you back!  Wink

Thanks again for all the support and encouragement! It was an honor having won but more so it felt really wonderful just taking part.

. . . . . .

Well the shell stitch challenge is almost over and the last minute entries are coming in. I wanted so much to hold off and add more to my entry but .. *eep*.. couldn't afford to. Oh well.. maybe next time.. maybe next time..

Anywho.. my entry was done in rainbow thread and you can find it here..
I did the entry in variegated thread to really show off all the little shells. I actually made the pattern for the hat and booties myself and this was my first time ever writing a pattern! Yeah me! lol I already mention all this in my entry post but, just today, I finally finished making the baby shower gifts for the twins! I made them for my husband's friend at work who's pregnant with twin girls! Wow! I really really hope she likes them.. and I hope you do as well. Please let me know what you think.. Cheesy

Now I would have done the shell booties I had designed BUT this was a custom 'order' for my hubby and he wanted sandals for summer. lol Aww..  So I did my best to do a shell stitch edging on the booties to match the hats. Also the flowers are my own design.. however their very simple. I think I might have to write up the pattern and post those sometime. Right now its just done in sloppy symbols.. lol Wink

Here's what my actual entry looks like in the variegated thread.

I really liked joining in my first challenge here and I love the other entries. I'd recommend coming to have a look see! They're all really wonderful! Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009 04:40:45 AM by dawnsierra » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My very empty etsy shop...
http://dawnsierra.etsy.com

My deviant art account...
http://dawnsierra.deviantart.com
Traciwithaneye
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009 03:00:41 PM »

These are absolutely beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wash  your hands and say your prayers 'cause germs and Jesus are everywhere!
dani1ynn

peace, love, & stitches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009 03:07:17 PM »

wow; i love them all! they're beautiful. the sandals are precious; i'm glad you were still able to incorporate the shells on them!
while i love the white and pink for the twin girls (what a lovely gift!), i gotta say, i LOVE the rainbow! it's beautiful, and totally my style (i'll be less into pastels with my children and more into brights, i think, when the time comes). i'm rambling.. but anyway, thank you for sharing! you're very, very talented. :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

winstongang

I like to move it move it!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009 03:12:05 PM »

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor...

Those are stunning! Gorgeous!! Fabulous job!! Smiley Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
http://fabulouslycrafty.blogspot.com/

~Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life~
dawnsierra
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009 03:31:16 PM »

I had such an anxious rushed morning I was so panicked but seeing all these comments.. geez.. just.. gosh.. thank you so much everyone! Cheesy

...while i love the white and pink for the twin girls (what a lovely gift!), i gotta say, i LOVE the rainbow! it's beautiful, and totally my style (i'll be less into pastels with my children and more into brights, i think, when the time comes)...

Well ya know I'm definitely more into the rainbows myself but Tambi (Mom to be) is a bit more traditional so I thought pink and white were the way to go. Though I didn't know if she's planning on doing the babies clothes identical or not.. so I ALMOST inverted the colors on one set so it would be pink/white and the other white/pink to help know whos is whos but oh well.. *shrugs* lol
I think though that if your at all worried as to whether it'll be a boy or a girl (or girls lol) then rainbows or yellows or whites are the way to go. Rainbows are the most fun though! lol Besides scientists say brighter colors help to stimulate baby's imagination.. *nudgie*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My very empty etsy shop...
http://dawnsierra.etsy.com

My deviant art account...
http://dawnsierra.deviantart.com
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009 03:33:10 PM »

Ahh,  I wish I were having twin girls and that someone would make those hat and sandals for me. They are absolutely adorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
grammar_gremlin
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009 06:09:13 PM »

As a mom expecting a girl (just one), I would be honored and very pleased to receive any of these.  You are very talented.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Weeny
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009 06:16:39 PM »

You did a beautiful job -  I love the sandles the best - now I want to learn to crochet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Act always as if the future of the universe depended on what you did, while laughing at yourself for thinking that whatever you do makes any difference"
PinkHearts
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009 07:12:03 PM »

Oh My!  These are just adorable.  Im sure the woman will be honored to recieve such a special gift.  These are amazing!  You could make a living off these!  I would buy them for everyone!  Really great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You want a piece of me punk?!  No
Elphelba
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009 07:25:03 PM »

Oh wow, those are simply gorgeous! I really like the flowers and the bootie design for the white and pink set, but it looks really great with all the different colors too. I think that's a great thoughtful gift idea, I bet the expecting mom and dad are going to love those!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009 07:26:31 PM by Elphelba » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stop being so damned positive. Staring at the sun only blinds some one. By only looking at the positive, you miss an entire beautiful world of shadows and colors. Don't be overly negative, be realistic. The world is so much more complex and beautiful that way.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rihanna Goes Ice Grey
3 Hairstyles That Will Survive Your Workout
Demi Lovato Inspired Messy Bun Tutorial
Holiday Hair Idea: Wild Twists
How to Get a Braided, Twist Pony
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...