A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,177
Currently Running With Scissors:
621 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: weekend knitting fluffy throw - classic elite bravo sub?  (Read 778 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

karissabissa
« on: March 29, 2005 07:11:38 PM »

Hi all,
I am loving the look of the "fluffy afghan/lap blanket" in Melanie Falick's "Weekend Knitting" book but the cost of the Classic Elite Bravo is a little too much for me right now.  Any ideas on a good sub that just happens to be in the great colors that the Classic Elite Bravo comes in?  Probably wishfull thinking.  Smiley

Here's the specs on the Classic Elite Bravo -
40% rayon, 35% mohari, 13% silk, 6% wool, 6% nylon
3 sts. = 1" on size 11 needles

Also, if anybody has done this throw I'd love to hear your comments and see pictures.
Thanks!
-Karissa
THIS ROCKS   Logged
linda63pt
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005 07:23:31 PM »

I've been looking at this throw also, and am interested in the above questions! Sorry I cannot be of any help, but I was trying to figure out subsitutes also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
karissabissa
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005 11:13:10 PM »

linda63pt - isn't it great looking?  i just love the colors that are in the book!  well, hopefully somebody will have a suggestion or a finished version to share with us!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shrtcke
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005 08:29:43 PM »

hey everyone! well i'm almost finished knitting this throw. i used jo-ann's sensations angel hair yarn in berry. it is really really soft and yummy yarn. i looked it up on jo-ann's website and it is on sale for $4.99.  i 'm very happy with how it is turning out. i'll try to post a pic soon so ya'll can see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shrtcke
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005 09:31:19 PM »

oh by the way here's a link to the yarn if you want to take a look:
http://joanns.com/catalog.jhtml;$sessionid$53AWICIAACG5IP4SY5NBIHR50LD3OEPO?CATID=92240&PRODID=89687
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karissabissa
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005 09:44:02 PM »

Oh!  Thanks for the idea!  I hit Michael's last night on the search for a substitution and was eyeing a yarn that seems similar to that one.  I can't wait to see your finished picture!  That color is going to be so nice!

The other yarns I was thinking might work are Lion Brand Watercolros (they have a green that's really similar to the photo in the book) or maybe Lion Brand Landscapes although the colors maybe aren't quite the same or Moda Dea Wild.  I was mainly looking for pretty greens but we'll see how those turn out when I make a swatch.  Smiley

Anyhoo...can't wait to see the picture!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Makeup with Your Fingers
The Trick to Plucking Perfect Brows From Katy Perry’s Makeup Artist
Get Animated With the New MAC X The Simpsons Collaboration
How to Get Katy Perry’s Flawless Skin
How To Conceal Dark Circles Under Eyes | Mac Daddyy Makeovers
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...