A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
707 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 12: The Sock Hop! gallery of awesomeness!!!  (Read 39535 times)
Tags for this thread: vampire , squirrel  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goodtimegirl
« Reply #340 on: June 10, 2009 11:18:15 AM »

I love love love the monkey fabric!! So incredibly cute!!

According to customs, my partner should've received by now. I hope the package made it there okay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gomerriffic
Meet my friend, Mr. Lemmy Lime!

Exsqueeze me?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #341 on: June 10, 2009 11:32:19 AM »

I received my package from deadbathducky! It was funny because mine was in as hers went out. We even filled out our customs label the same!

A fabric package

Some AWESOME vintage patterns. I love them all!

She also sent me a magic yarn ball but I forgot to take a pic of the whole thing. I practically started unwinding it with my teeth while driving home!  Shocked

The little blue guy was hiding in the middle. It was kind of a Robin Hood themed ball and I loved it!

everything in the ball

A spoon made from a friend of hers from Budapest (which is where Robin Hood is filmed!)

My own Robin Hood necklace so I can now say "We ARE Robin HOOD!"

Aside from that there is a tiny jar of whimseys chocolates, coffee candies a cute little bracelet and a cake ring as well as a japanese pin from the Japan festival a chocolate book with recpies and quotes.

It was awesome thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldfishpollywog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #342 on: June 10, 2009 11:54:38 AM »

Tons of cool packages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
oneredboot
« Reply #343 on: June 10, 2009 01:28:32 PM »

ooh, nice vintage patterns!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elociNNicole
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

Do what you love. Love what you do.

« Reply #344 on: June 10, 2009 02:35:34 PM »

My apologies to deadbathducky for not getting these pictures up sooner.  Life gets a bit crazy at times, doesn't it?  On to the goodies!

Almost a group shot as some of the items are not pictured here  Wink  Very soft yarn, comic computer programs, adorable handmade box with little horse keychain:

The bottle holds an adorable needle felted bunyip!  This miniature bunyip lives in the bottle to contain their magical goodness but I want to break this little lady out!  (my cat would probably eat her if I did, so it is probably a good thing that she is contained.)

Deadbathducky also included a bunch of brochures, maps and pamphlets from Australia.  My favorite of the lot were a couple of pages from the "Australian Home Journal" from May, 1962.  I spent another 30 minutes or so looking at it again and again just when I took pictures.  It is really quite fabulous and also included a pattern for a lovely frock.  (their word, not mine. haha) 

A strange device that calculates ovulation that "offers every modern marriage the opportunity to consider economic and health problems." and comes "Highly recommended by the medical profession-approved by all religious groups."

Another bizarre ad is for "SOMETHING".  This product doesn't even state what it is.  Just that it is a 'trial treatment' and that is free. 

See, you will get "SOMETHING".

Thank You, deadbathducky!  I had so much fun with this swap!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
pinkanddinky
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Proust

Sociologist with scissors

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 10, 2009 02:52:34 PM »

Wow, sewknitter, that shirt is awesome!!!!!! And so is the little cardigan. Simply gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewknitter

have needles will sew, knit, crochet, tat. . swap!

« Reply #346 on: June 10, 2009 04:27:46 PM »

I'm so sorry I missed the grand opening of the photos you posted, lapoli! Our computer was out from Tuesday to now. I tried to get on craftster a couple of times with my laptop, but it wouldn't hold the connection long enough to see the pics!

Thanks for the great pics! Especially the pics wearing the shrug & shirt!

I'm so happy the shrug fit! Yay!!! You look great in it. I promise, I'll PM you the pattern so you can replicate it in as many colors as you'd like!

AsphaltQueen & lapoli, those were my first (If dreams had wings) & second (Hungarian stamp pendant) RESIN creations. I'm thrilled that you both loved them, and were great "test subjects" for my first attempts.

AQ -- yes, the top is handwoven, I weave one piece, then take two shuttles and weave the center slit, add the leno lace.  Where the ribbon is, you make two LAYERs to create the casing. (Yes, FOUR shuttles!) lapoli, the ribbon is sewn in, so you shouldn't lose it by accidently pulling it out. And you can adjust the amount of gathering in the shoulders. Then I weave the whole width again for the back.

My only problem is, it only looks great on "petite" people, and me and most of my friends are "women of size." (giggles)

Here is a photo of all the earrings. I thought the mustard/white ones might match the shrug, and the blue heart was a charm from LaughingLark and the STS swap. I themed the swap as "nature" so lots of leaves and birds, because that was the "theme" I saw in lapoli's wist.

I have been wanting an excuse to use these cute cardinals from emblibrary! So when lapoli said her kitchen was green and red -- woot! I can't tell you how much fun I had crafting for lapoli -- it was like everything I ever learned came together for this package!

Another fun part were the trees, in STS swap these trees were being used alot. so I thought I could make a new digitized appliqu design for it.

here are closeups of the towels:

cardinals in trees cardinals and leaves

And closeups of other things can be seen at my photobucket

lapoli, really it was joy to craft this all for you, I went at a pace that kept it all fun. I kept smiling saying how much it was going to make you happy!

And no anxiety -- you'll do fine. I love all the art batts and rovings I've ever seen you make!

Thanks for accepting my invite to swap!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cara4webshopping.com
knitting looms, embroidery machines, weaving,  knitting software~all discounted!

Shop My Swap  Shop 31
donniesgirl
« Reply #347 on: June 10, 2009 05:18:22 PM »

Middle age spread - nice!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewknitter

have needles will sew, knit, crochet, tat. . swap!

« Reply #348 on: June 10, 2009 05:57:23 PM »

wow! one day of no computer and the packages are AWESOME!!!

lindyv321, nice package to princesspimp81! the book cover is so pretty. The cupcake stuff is soooo cute! So many great things with cupcakes -- great selections -- My fav though is the  CATS I mean CRAFTS cross-stitch kit. When I saw it I thought it was cats, what was I thinking?

elocinnicole awesome amount of whimsies to deadbathducky! I can't wait to see what you do with all that crafty animals and such. Beautiful bracelet, too! So many things! Is the owl patch crafted? Love the lizard stamp! And sweets!

RondaS your package to pseudo_pix is great! Cute monkey fabrics and I love the needlework monkey! Sock yarn is nice, too! Who knit the heel-less sock?

deadbathducky the filled yarn to Gomerriffic was stuffed! love all the little notes, too. beautiful spoon!

deadbathducky to elociNNicole, good job! love those newspaper clips and bunny in the bottle! Okay, I get to ask, how did you get the bunny in the bottle? Super cute!

Everything is inspiring to see, yay for this gallery and thanks superhooker for organizing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cara4webshopping.com
knitting looms, embroidery machines, weaving,  knitting software~all discounted!

Shop My Swap  Shop 31
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #349 on: June 10, 2009 07:49:41 PM »

love the fabric with the churches  where on earth did you find it??? and  the vintage patterns too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn How Get a Denim Look on Your Nails
Get The Most Out Of Your Skin Care Routine
How to Wear Grown-Up Glitter Eye Makeup
Beauty Test Lab: Brush-On Mascara
Is Coconut Oil a Beauty Miracle?
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...