A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,509
Currently Running With Scissors:
574 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 12: The Sock Hop! gallery of awesomeness!!!  (Read 38830 times)
Tags for this thread: vampire , squirrel  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #440 on: June 29, 2009 07:42:34 AM »

I go camping and come back to find a ton more wonderful packages! I love love love the zipper bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #441 on: June 30, 2009 11:02:54 AM »

Our theme was a wide range of mythological creatures, folk lore, etc...  We each picked a list of 5 categories within this overall category.
So my large item was a messenger bag, since she had a couple of mine on her wists.  I embroidered a mermaid on using a Sublime pattern.

next, is a knitted trinity knot trivet.  celtic knots was one thing she (and I) were majorly interested in, even though it isn't really folklore, lol.  Also, I made it a bit more even before sending by sewing the two pieces with invisible thread where they overlap.

some cabled slippers (really hard to see the cabling with these colors). 

Next up is a book box.  I found this old looking book of fairy tales at the thrift store and at first wasn't even sure if I wanted to part with it, lol, it was just so pretty.  Then I got home with it and a chunk of pages just fell out and it was then that I knew it's destiny, lol  Smiley
closed: open:

She also really like witches, good & bad and she also had some cuss word stuff on her wists, from Cuss Word/Dirty Craft swap galleries, so... I took a mug and drew on W.I.L.F.  I won't spell it out, but it's kind of like MILF only for a witch... get it?  lol.  I know, cheesy, but I did think it turned out kind of neat  Smiley

ok, this last piece was SO HARD to photograph, so I'm posting a large picture so that you have the best chances of seeing it all.  It's wind chimes.  You can see the wooden dowel at the top, below that are celtic knots (shrink plastic), which I chose all shields and crosses so that it's sort of a protection theme and dangling below each knot is a bell.  I actually love the sound the shrink charms make when they clink together, lol. 

closeup of the charms (some are backwards here, so they look kind of faded in the pic):

That's it Smiley  We had agreed on a 7 point swap, I hope I spoiled her a bit...
I know my package reached it's destination, I wound up having to send it to her parents and while she said that she sees them all the time and her Dad was supposed to bring the package to her "later this week" like 2 weeks ago, I can't really be sure if she's seen it or not... I just hope everything is ok with her  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #442 on: June 30, 2009 11:04:40 AM »

I love it all! I really like the stash book, but I'm actually drooling over your bougainvillea bush more than anything! ( I can't help it, I'm a plant nerd in a cold climate!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

murbeck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #443 on: June 30, 2009 11:33:18 AM »

LOL, oh is that what it's called?!  HAHAHA.  It's actually growing on the other side of the fence and it now coming over & through the planks across the back section of the yard.  I love it too.  It's that color in most spots and a periwinkle in others.  I've warned my husband not to touch it with the weed eater, it really brightens the yard Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #444 on: June 30, 2009 12:44:14 PM »

It is a beautiful setting to take craty pictures for sure! Sadly I live in a cold climate and we can only grow them in small planters and they must be taken in for the winter as they can't tolerate the extreme cold. I envy people in warm areas that can grow such wonderful perennials!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

« Reply #445 on: June 30, 2009 01:47:48 PM »

I always end up finishing late at night. I should take more pics outside in the day time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #446 on: July 06, 2009 12:59:38 PM »

Okay, so this is coming very late! But I did receive a very lovely package from knickertwist (In my defence, I was waiting for her to post pictures of me receiving the package - because we exchanged in person - but I know she's been very busy, so I'm going to post the package on its own so it can at least get out to the Craftster universe!)

Probably my favourite part - phrenology head paintings in lime green (going to be in my craft area, eventually!)

Some delightful paper & ephemera

A chunky house style art piece:

A vintage book with a very cool cover (I collect old books!)

A group of stamps (which I collect), and itty bitty things, in a sweet pirate Grog tin

And... what's this stamp covered altoid tin?

It's a tiny shrine! Great for writing inspiration Smiley

Thanks knickertwist, I had a lot of fun swapping with you - and meeting for coffee too! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WizardGlick
Save the Texas Prarie Chickens

Greener seems to fall beneath your feet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #447 on: August 02, 2009 10:52:28 PM »

Love the phrenology heads! And I MUST know where those Grog mints originated. My friend, who swears he's a pirate, would absolutely love them!

A group of stamps (which I collect), and itty bitty things, in a sweet pirate Grog tin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
murbeck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #448 on: January 24, 2010 01:35:49 PM »

Hi everyone!  I know it's been quite a while but I just got my package from my wonderful partner who disappeared.  The poor thing had her life turned upside down and not only did she have things way more important to worry about but had also lost her access to the internet for a long while.  I never accepted an angel and am quite pleased that I was right about her because she wrote me and asked for forgiveness (easy, done! lol) and asked if she could still send me my package.  Well, I got it last night and I'm thrilled with it.  See above on this page where I posted what I sent her for our agreed theme info.

First up, a messenger bag (my fave style) with a beautifully hand painted flap!  I love this!!!!!

a wooden spoon/wand (I ALMOST made one of these for her too!!!)

a magical creatures booklet, handmade & hand drawn (so cute) starting with the cover:

and I think this is my favorite part- a painting of a gnome she named Mr. Pumperknickle.  It's hard to tell in the picture but it's painted on book pages on canvas so the words come through ever so subdtly:

Pizzacravings is currently waiting a new password on here and can't log on in the meantime (we've been communication via Myspace) but I do love everything and am very thankful!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #449 on: January 24, 2010 01:47:07 PM »

Definitely worth the wait. What a great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macaroni and Cheese
How to Cook a Turkey
How to make French Bread Pizza
How to Make Cookie Dough Log
Old Fashioned Beef Stew
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...