A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,935
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 46
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 12: The Sock Hop! gallery of awesomeness!!!  (Read 41115 times)
Tags for this thread: vampire , squirrel  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #290 on: June 08, 2009 03:31:29 PM »

I am going crazy because hardyswanton01 hasn't posted a photo of the package I sent her and I am hoping she liked it all - I don't like working with chain so much but it seemed the best choice for her style, LOL! anyways - since I can't stand it anymore I am posting a pic of the necklace and bracelet - there were a couple other things in there, but these were the main bits

I tore apart three pairs of sterling earrings and used sterling silver chain, and the pendant is a nice garnet with a mediocre sapphire set in sterling - the bracelet is fairly long as she likes cuffs

I do hope you don't mind my posting a pic and would love to see an action shot to make sure it falls right on your neck! I just am not sure of that arrangement, but thought it would work out...

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: June 08, 2009 03:47:53 PM »

I'm glad you posted, Ronda! I love that necklace; I'd like an action shot, too!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Pinky Yarn
« Reply #292 on: June 08, 2009 04:23:43 PM »

I'm finally posting pictures! Thank you so much Jenicat!! I absolutely love everything!!  Grin

Group shot, I'm using one of the soaps so it didn't make it in the pictures

Another shot of the bowl

The most amazing earrings!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay finally done moving!

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help'." - Ronald Reagan
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #293 on: June 08, 2009 04:30:00 PM »

I know the feeling Ronda, Princesspimp hasn't posted photos yet either.  I will give her a few more days, and then maybe post a few myself.  I have put the pics in my blog which is in my signature if anyone wants to look!

I love that necklace!!!!!  And those earrings!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009 05:00:26 PM by lindyv321 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #294 on: June 08, 2009 04:47:48 PM »

I'm eagerly waiting for my Canadian swap buddy to post hers as well.  Grin  But that could just be that the mail is sloooooow. 

Love the bracelet & those earings that look like mother of pearl...?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: June 08, 2009 04:48:49 PM »

SHOOT!  I knew I forgot something!  my dd was in bed when I took pictures of the gifts donniesgirl sent. 

& now she is napping/yelling "OPA" in bed...I guess she and her kitty are having some Greek time.  Anyway, she doesn't get a commission yet, but she likes to play with money and this is a great way to talk about, count, and otherwise play with money.  I think she is learning something.  I want her to have a better relationship with money than I do...of course she will make her own mistakes, but they will be different than mine.

I will get those pictures taken and up as soon as Greekfest is over and she gets up!
peace

OMG this is the funniest thing I've read in days! Thanks for the laughs lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #296 on: June 08, 2009 05:06:24 PM »

Awesome fabric bowl and I absolutely love the garnet necklace!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewknitter

have needles will sew, knit, crochet, tat. . swap!

« Reply #297 on: June 08, 2009 05:07:12 PM »

More beautiful packages!

Love the fabric coil bowl and jewelry! The cupcake purse is really cute, too!

The fabric on the pirate paint brush roll is wonderful!

Yay!!! Good job everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cara4webshopping.com
knitting looms, embroidery machines, weaving,  knitting software~all discounted!

Shop My Swap  Shop 31
donniesgirl
« Reply #298 on: June 08, 2009 06:05:31 PM »

I got 'em!   Cheesy

Ok now on to the great package I received from stargardener!  I apologize for the long windednes - you can just admire all the crafts if you want & skip my blabbing.  Cheesy  This is the other half of our Dave Ramsey theme: where debt is dumb, cash is king & the paid off home mortgage has taken the place of the BMW as the status symbol of choice!  We had a $5 ceiling.  Here is all the loot!

So the first thing I saw when I opened the box was this - a Koolaid zippered pouch!  How cool is that?  I have no idea how she sewed Koolaid pouches without them bursting but it is so cool!

Next, I got my very own Murphy repellant wristlet.  You know Murphy - the one who gets you off track on your finances & if you're not careful, he moves into your spare bedroom & you end up broke!  Murphy's Law: if something can go wrong, it will.  Note the penny.  Wink  "Hope" and "life" are embroidered on it.

Then I saw these & I'm still not sure how she put these together.  They are regular hair bands with seed beads sewn on them but they look so cool!  And I love stuff for my hair - it's long & Texas is hot!  Note the gazelle on the notecard.  That symbolizes the gazelle intensity you have to have to get yourself out of debt ASAP!  The little tag says "Put up your hair & get to work" because after all, you can't just wander yourself out of debt the way you wandered in.  It takes sacrifice & hard work!

This is very cute - I think it's a crocheted belt/sash:

I'm terrible with crochet & knitting but I'm getting the hang of it!

Here we have a yoga bag made out of repurposed items to encourage me to get back into yoga.  Cheesy

Next is a mini project planner notebook.  Item number one, of course, is to get out of debt, to change our family tree!  For example, common myth is that you always have to have a car payment & otherwise you can't afford a car.  Wrong!  You just need to save up to get them!

Then we have this - I see someone has had a plasectomy!  A plasectomy is where you cut your credit cards up & get them out of your life!  This notebook is collaged with cut up credit cards & says "happily ever after" on it.  Life is so much less stressful without American Distress & after all, if you can't pay cash, you can't afford it!  I am so glad we have no credit card debt...if you play with snakes, you're gonna get bit!

And last, we have these: envelopes!  Ramsey uses an envelope system to put cash into to pay certain items each month, like groceries.  Because you are more likely to spend about 20%+ more when you put it on a card.  And an expense becomes "real" when you have to fork over your hard earned cash. 

stargardener - thanks for the fun & quirky swap!  It was a lot of fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #299 on: June 08, 2009 06:45:34 PM »

Today was my lucky day: not only did I receive from stargardener, but I also received from kirstilynne!  Our theme was Sex & The City, the fabulous show, movie, etc.!  Here is a pic of all the loot:

I had also seen these shoe bags with these great foiled applique stilletto's, so kirstilynne stenciled me a t-shirt with the same motif!

I love Carrie's flowers on her outfits so kirstilynne made me my own:

Here is a cute little SATC jewelry box & a couple pairs of earings, a bracelet, and a necklace inside.  How did she know I like horseshoes?  And the little flip flops on the bracelet are very me...

I also love the SATC sleep mask Carrie had in an episode & I know kirstilynne tried to make one from scratch but had a tad bit of trouble with it.  So I was shocked that I got a decorated one anyway!  Cheesy

I also got this fabulous silver chunky necklace with a patching coin purse & note the "passion" tea from Samantha!

And I got some very cute nick nacks like this shoe keychain & some wine from Big's winery.  Wink

And I don't know if she knows what a bookworm I am, but she sent me the SATC book!  I haven't read it yet so yay!   Cheesy  Thanks for the great swap, kirstilynne!  I always get nervous when I send stuff to Canada but hopefully you'll get it soon.  
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009 07:34:47 PM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 46 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Dress Like You Live in Paris
Bra Tips for Petite Women
Pairing Vintage with Designer
How to Make a Floral Headband
How to Style a Denim Shirt
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...