A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 305,036
Currently Running With Scissors:
404 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: rihanna's green dress EDIT: I MADE IT!  (Read 32206 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ceiligrrrrl

A not-so-domestic Diva

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2008 08:10:54 AM »

Ok, well - I haven't read all the posts so maybe this has been stated already. I would bet that the skirt part of it was cut on the bias. That would be how it would drape so nicely on the lower back, and it would not really have a zipper or anything. You'd need to do some stay-stitching to make sure it doesn't start to bag out, but that bias cut really does amazing things when you want a lovely drape.

Also, I think you did a FABULOUS job, and the shoes go with it perfectly (I so rarely get the shoe thing right!) - you should wear this dress! It looks spectacular on you! Don't compare yourself to the lovely airbrushed model and then rate you and your dress lower. The picture you have of you wearing it - well, just remember, your hair's not done up, no dramatic makeup, you're looking at yourself in a mirror or a photo without photo shoot lighting - those things all make a difference.

All I mean is that what I see is an awesome WOW factor in the dress, and you in it makes it even more WOW! Smiley

Dani

P.S. I did just go back and read the posts - and I agree with those who wrote that this fabric/dress call for hand sewing the hem. You'll be surprised how little time it actually takes to roll & sew the hem, and what a BIG difference it makes in how the dress looks.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008 08:17:57 AM by Ceiligrrrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TJDesigns
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2008 11:54:15 PM »

that dress looks absolutely stunning on your figure. And even if it doesn't look as good as Rhianna's in the picture (although I bet it looks just as good if not better in real life) you have to remember that they use photoshop to make everything pop out more and curve better, especially around the breasts (its true.)
So, anyways, yours looks great, and I wish I had one. You could probably sell them if it didn't take you that much time and effort.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

malkatz
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2011 06:34:28 PM »

I like your version! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am an expert on all the Repo! The Genetic Opera costumes! Please feel free to PM me with questions.
celestialvoice
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2011 09:06:15 PM »

your version is lovely and I would wear it and even buy it if it were at the discount store I frequent (it has some really good stuff that they just didn't sell at pricier stores)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mangospanker

yeah...I'm that sexy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2011 11:07:58 PM »

i love the way it looks on you. you should keep it in your closet and try it on periodically, maybe it will grow on you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rani_wish
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2011 02:21:31 PM »

Wow it looks nice...!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Outfit of the Day: Dress and Denim Jacket
3 Must Have Denim Styles
Three Fresh Ways to Wear Vests
3 Oversized Sweater Outfits
Spooky Fall Outfits
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...