A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
460 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Alice in Wonderland Swap Gallery  (Read 30800 times)
Tags for this thread: alice_in_wonderland  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: May 11, 2005 10:58:00 AM »

Ohh, that sounds so good.. only..
How much is a stick of butter? They all come in different sizes here it seems, depending on the brand... or maybe some are better packed, I don't know.
How many grams or other weight-measurement?

a stick of butter is 1/4 pound, 1/2 cup, 4 ounces, 8 tablespoons, 113 grams...

oh, how precise ^^ Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #161 on: May 11, 2005 11:52:23 AM »

Alison- the measurement queen! The conversion ruler! Haha- had to make that pun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
SheRa
Curiosity often leads to trouble.

Curiouser and curiouser!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: May 12, 2005 06:08:48 PM »

i never ended up getting anything from my partner, but i DID get this BEAUTIFUL necklace a a few weeks ago (RIGHT before i started my new job!!) from gji7.  i have NO idea how you made this, but it's fantastic!  i've gotten loads of compliments on it so far.  is it a transfer of some sort?  a coworker of mine said it reminded him of (i forget the proper name) this old kind of art that sailors did on elephant tusks with rubbing ink into engravings.  Smiley  here are the pix:

and the close-up:

thank you SO SO SO much for making something for someone who you weren't paired up with.  i REALLY appreciate it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

erikau
« Reply #163 on: May 12, 2005 07:26:26 PM »

The fabulous stickers are from the Edward Gorey store link that's here on Craftster sometimes.

do you have the address?

thanks.
erika
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kat_penguino

I'm a noble rabbit

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 12, 2005 07:48:32 PM »

www.goreydetails.ne t
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alison
« Reply #165 on: May 26, 2005 10:45:38 AM »

i left the swap feedback for everyone!  i noted all the extra packages that were sent out to people who didn't get anything.  let me know if i missed anything/anyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pamplemousse
« Reply #166 on: May 26, 2005 11:04:48 AM »

a coworker of mine said it reminded him of (i forget the proper name) this old kind of art that sailors did on elephant tusks with rubbing ink into engravings.  Smiley 

That would be scrimshaw!  The necklace is wonderful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm covered in bees!
SheRa
Curiosity often leads to trouble.

Curiouser and curiouser!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: May 26, 2005 12:55:32 PM »

YES!  that's what he called it.  i'm still dying to know how this one was made, because i absolutely adore it!  and extra super bonus points to her for making it for me when i didn't get a package from my partner Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gji7
« Reply #168 on: May 26, 2005 03:01:03 PM »

extra super bonus points to her for making it for me when i didn't get a package from my partner

No problem!  I'm glad you liked it!  I would have sent more, but alison still thought you were going to get something from your original partner.  The necklace was only supposed to be a "sorry you had to wait so long for your stuff" kind of gift.

i'm still dying to know how this one was made

I made it from polyclay - the picture is printed onto iron-on computer paper and then pressed on top of the clay (white only) and baked it that way with a heavy thing on it (a pottery bowl, in my case).  Once I pulled it from the oven, I pulled the iron paper (not the transfer stuff) off and made sure that the image stuck everywhere.  Once it cooled, I wrapped the back and sides in the black and pressed a ridge around the edges so the wire would have somewhere to be wrapped.  That and a little polyclay sealer and I was done.  Let me know if that makes any sense! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth. - Evan Esar

Prove to yourself that you can do it. Prove that you were always who you thought you were, not who they said you had to be. - Rachel Snyder
alison
« Reply #169 on: May 26, 2005 05:34:46 PM »

No problem!  I'm glad you liked it!  I would have sent more, but alison still thought you were going to get something from your original partner.  The necklace was only supposed to be a "sorry you had to wait so long for your stuff" kind of gift.

yeah, looks like i was wrong on that...she flaked on a few swaps all at the same time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fashions Created with Recycled Materials
The Best Looks to Heat Up Your Super Bowl
Top 5 Ways to Fix Static Cling
Sarah Jessica Parker Shows Off Her New Shoe Line for Nordstrom
Angel Sanchez Spring 2014 New York Fashion Week - Runway & Interviews
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...