A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,469
Currently Running With Scissors:
555 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Alice in Wonderland Swap Gallery  (Read 31558 times)
Tags for this thread: alice_in_wonderland  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

recyclednew
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2005 11:13:25 AM »

I just got my box of goodies from SheRa! Thankyou you so much! I got losts of tea bags! Zen tea is my apsolute favorate and I like all the others as well! And a box of milk chocolate covered cherries (which I already broke into and they are delisious!) And a really cool little poster with lyrics from Jeffersons Airpane and a picture of Alice (from the demented game that I love) with a white rabbit in a suit! It's so cool! And there's cards all around the side of the box, and some more inside the box! Oh, and she put tags on the tea that say "drink me" and on the chocolate cherries that say "eat me"! I love everything! Thank you so very much! Your the best!  Cheesy

P.S. I mailed out my box of fun, but my sister has the DC tag so I'm not sure what the number is, but I'll will send a msg with the number as soon as I get it off her!  Undecided lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

art is a drug in which i cannot live without!
alison
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2005 03:37:59 PM »

my package from melmelon arrived!  it is so nice, and way more than i expected!

first, there's the white box which, you probably can't see has quotes all around it and inside there's another adorable alice pic.  then there's some tea party push pins, and some tea from the old curiousity shop, some perfume oils from black phoenix alchemy lab, some magnets...and of course some of melmelon's YUMMY cookies (you can see that the package is open because i had a cookie in my mouth as i photographed this)
then last, but not least, as i was picking up the "empty" box i found the beautiful alice journal, that had the cards inside.  and i didn't realize until after i photographed everything that the cards had some recipes on them...

THANKS SO MUCH MEL! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melmelon

I'm a weird llama!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2005 04:43:16 PM »

I'm glad you liked the stuff....and you know....it looks much better when its not sitting right in front of me....heh heh.

and as for my slacker ass....I've finally taken some very lousy web cam photos that absolutely do not do justice to ms. rosered's work

pins, cookie cutters, bookmark and side one of the beautiful hand drawn pillow

side two of the pillow, blank book, pen and the most amazing cake ever

different angle of my most favourite pen ever. (thanks for the link to the tute, btw)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kat_penguino

I'm a noble rabbit

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2005 12:35:48 AM »

here's  my loot:

Joural with pictures pasted on it

and some very cute magnets

« Last Edit: July 12, 2010 03:15:47 PM by jungrrl - Reason: tried to fix pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dorkabrain
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2005 01:40:09 AM »

you accidentally left the first bracket off the front, hope you don't mind me helping out.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010 03:18:15 PM by jungrrl - Reason: tried to fix pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

erindezeeuw

How am I not myself?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2005 09:18:45 AM »

This is what I got from squirrelgirl, I love it! It's a light switch cover (is that the proper term) with Alice, red and white roses, and little mirrors!
All my switch covers are double, except the trash closet, and I don't want to banish Alice to the trash closet . . . we're moving soon so I will be sure she gets a good home.
Sorry it took so uber long to post, my husband gave me the most horrible sinusitis. I am convinced he is a carrier for all diseases, even rabies.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010 03:13:59 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

This may be for sale on my etsy:
creme-tangerine

myspace

How am I not myself?
kat_penguino

I'm a noble rabbit

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2005 12:09:33 PM »

Thanks Dorkabrain!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alison
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2005 12:20:40 PM »

Yay! Only 6 more packages!!!!

Here's who's left (these have all shipped, or the people have notified their partner of the delay)
punkrockgirl --->  squirrelgirl   
aquariann --->  donhae
avolian --->  SheRa
recyclednew --->  gji7
CircusManager220 --->  planet5 
Melladh --->  ilonavg

If you are on this list and have received, let me know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SheRa
Curiosity often leads to trouble.

Curiouser and curiouser!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2005 06:18:10 PM »

here are the pictures of what i sent to recyclednew (glad you liked everything!):

and finally, the "poster" which is actually an illustration that i drew for my partner!  it was from a pic of me on halloween with a guy that i found dressed up as the white rabbit, and i just HAD to draw it!  it's got the lyrics to "white rabbit" by jefferson airplane on the side and all swirled into the image, as well as smokey mushroomy shapes.

there's a bigger version on my website under illustrator portraits if anyone wants to see a little more detail (the printout i sent was 8x10)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2005 01:31:51 PM »

I'd posted this separatly at first for Ilona's sake, but it seems it got moved here now
_____

I "shoultn'd" be posting like this I suppose, normaly I wouldn't, but since Ilona hasn't recieved my package, I'm doing it like this to give her the choise not to look ^^

Okay.

First batch

Address/notebook thingy

When I was a kid, I had this addressbook which was mainly a long strip of paper secured between two magnetic sheets. So I figured I could do something similar

Closed

front

back

Opened

front

back

I used two playing cards for the magnets, and printed a strip of paper from my computer for the note-thingy, decorated with the words "off with their heads!" and "Alice heard the King say in a low voice, to the company generally, `You are all pardoned.'", and also a flamingo and a heghehog. And a bunch of tiny black hearts along the red frame.

Only problem was, my paper is a bit thick, so I couldn't make the strip very long, so the magnets would still work...

Assembly line cheshire cat

I recently got some shrinky dinks, and wanted to play ^^ As you can see on the image, I kinda forgot the tail on the cat though...

I put them all together on a piece of what is actually meant for attaching to cellphones, but it got a bit long, and you can attach it to a zipper if you want, instead. I'm quite fond of this one, I think it's cute, though it would have been a more proper length had I stopped at the grin instead of the paw.

Bottle cap necklace

I'm intrigued by the bottle cap jewellry I keep seing, so I wanted to play with this as well. I got a cap I had lying around, unfortunantly a bit severed, and I used my paints to paint a tiny cheshire cat and the queen of hearts (both images from the croquet -chapter)
The paint didn't want to stick while wet, so it was quite difficult actually, and my pencil is a bit too thick.
It appears a bit "short" because I have a thick neck and made it a bit shorter than what suits me, to be of a more universal standard.

Second batch

Coverthingy

I was gonna make something nice with a zipper and a handle and everything. And then the zipper didn't work. And my seam-removal-thingy went missing, so I had to cut it off instead. Making everything smaller. So I made it into something like a cover for sunglasses or so. The band I attached to it doesn't look very well, I admit, maybe it was stupid to attach it. I weaved it myself though ^^
And I printed the grin (teeth) as well, from a stencil based on the cat from American McGee's Alice.
The black is a nice velvet fabric, really thick, and I've become quite obsessed with it. The print stuck really well, too.

Notebook cover

All hand appliqued. And MAN did my hand hurt! Cramps are a bitch. This is why I had to make a "second batch". My main piece ^^
I've never done any hand appliques before. Or, you know, any appliques at all really.
You can't really see the glitter and shine and gold and silver details in the photos

Notebook cover DIY -kit

"Would you tell me,' said Alice, a little timidly, `why you are painting those roses?'
Five and Seven said nothing, but looked at Two. Two began in a low voice, `Why the fact is, you see, Miss, this here ought to have been a RED rose-tree, and we put a white one in by mistake; and if the Queen was to find it out, we should all have our heads cut off, you know.'"

Two reasons for the DIY:
1.  I'm afraid to make the notebook cover the same way as I made the first one, 'cause what if the cards would break? :/
2. I'm feeling very uncertain as to whether she'd want TWO covers. Maybe she'd prefer it as a lid for a bag or something. But I don't really dare making a bag, because I'm really bad at it. And she's mentioned that she normally does sowing, so maybe she'd like to come up with something of her own like that.

So I'm sending everything I used to make the first cover, including some fast2fuse to strengthen it if she wants to.

Oh, the cards are sown on with a bond-thingy, and the green on the bush is a weird sort of dark green velvet I've used for a skirt. The roses are "silk bond embroidery" (eh, what's it called in english then?) and they look really nifty being 3d and all.

Hope you like! ^^
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005 12:56:22 AM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about the Range of Available Lenses - part 1
How to use the AV Mode on Your dSLR
Learn about Depth of Field
Basic Photography Lighting Setups Tutorial
How to use Lighting Ratios in Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...