A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October 5th News Announcement:  New Featured Projects posted!  Congratulate these artists for being selected!
Total Members: 308,404
Currently Running With Scissors:
392 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: leaves, duct tape and paint  (Read 8992 times)
Tags for this thread: anything_but_clothes , duct_tape , duct_tape_crafts  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: April 20, 2009 01:37:02 PM »

So, I FINALLY have high speed internet, and I decided to take the chance to upload some pictures of some older projects I've done. I'll probably post some new ones later since it now doesn't take three years to do so. The first project is the most recent. It is a dress I made out of leaves I collected last fall. I taped and pinned them together. The second is my duct tape prom dress that I made for last years prom. Made completely out of duct tape and tissue paper (as is the hat). The third project I made perhaps last summer. I made a stencil for the design which is supposed to resemble a waste basket and a crumpled up paper with the word "stereotypes" being thrown into it. Kind of an experiment I did.

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009 01:39:01 PM »

Crap. Should this actually be in reconstructed?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009 02:51:14 PM »

hmmm i have no idea if this is in the right section but since you used materials that weren't clothes (except the last shirt), I'd say you're pretty safe Wink

regardless, i love everything you've done Smiley did you end up sealing the dress with something to prevent the leaves from disintegrating more? and that is such a fun prom dress! the type wastebasket is pretty sweet too Smiley

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
Suffering from an artistic temperament since 1983

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009 03:45:32 PM »

awesome projects!

At first I thought the crumpled paper 'stereotypes' was a claw tearing at your heart (its in the right place, anyway) and was really impressed but I like the wastebasket idea even better.

I'm also a huge fan of the duct tape dress: wow!!!

Do you say 'yes' to a single desire? Oh, my friends, then you say 'yes' to all pain.
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009 04:05:36 PM »

I don't think this is exactly reconstructed, but I like what you did here! love the leafy-dress especially
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009 04:57:01 PM »

i love all of these. the duct tape dress is ridiculously awesome, the leaf dress is fantastic, and i reeeeeally like the design and message on the teeshirt!

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009 08:18:28 AM »

I too, am curious about how you sealed the leaves so they didn't get crunchy.

I saw an episode of Project Runway where a guy used corn husks to make a dress, but the next morning it dried up and didn't look the same anymore. I would imagine the leaves would be hard to work with. Also, how did you attach them together?

Your work is beautiful.
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009 10:44:38 PM »

I LOVE the leaf dress! Just adore it! How did you seal them? I'm very curious... Maybe I'll do something like that in the near future

Will personal swap! Please, PM me!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Vanilla Extract

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...