A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I <3 Coffee/Tea Swap Round 6! ***CLOSED***  (Read 21400 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melvinator

It's a miracle!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009 02:01:36 PM »

I've got this amazing tea room downstairs from where I work... she's got SOOOO many interesting things there! I'm secretly (or not so secretly Tongue) hoping for a tea-loving partner so I can really spoil!  I don't know too much about coffee except that it tastes good occasionally Cheesy

Can't wait to start crafting!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FruityLoops
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

... and that's why I don't like cricket

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009 02:08:13 PM »

Yikes, I didn't think about that, I might be problematic if I sign up cos we only use beans  Undecided  Buuuummer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009 02:48:36 PM »

Yikes, I didn't think about that, I might be problematic if I sign up cos we only use beans  Undecided  Buuuummer!

I don't think this should be a real problem, as most local coffee shops have grinders. I'm sure if your partner were to go to the shop and ask to have it ground, they would do that for them. Smiley Or, in your questionnaire perhaps you can say you only have beans?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FruityLoops
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

... and that's why I don't like cricket

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2009 02:58:35 PM »

Oh no it's the opposite, we only use whole beans, not ground, as we have a bean to cup machine which me and Mr Loops adore Smiley  Technically you can put ground coffee in it but we never can get the measurement right and it just doesn't taste the same (it's probably all in my head mind!!).  We do find it quite hard to find bags of whole beans mind you, most supermarkets sell only like one variety whereas they have shelves and shelves of ground stuff  Undecided  My eureka moment was when I bought us a coffee 'subscription' last year which meant we got coffee beans delivered every month Grin  If I get a coffee partner I shall have to get some coffee from there as it was heavenly and they do a nice selection of organic too!

I have started filling in my questionnaire but I'm off to bed now so I'll finish and send it in when I get home from from work tomorrow, and I'll make sure and note that I prefer whole beans rather than ground Smiley  It's not the end of the world if I receive ground, but whole beans would defo be my preference Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2009 03:07:51 PM »

Oh my gosh! I just logged on to check my PMs and there are already 10 of us signed up! Wowza!

I will get everything updated this evening after baby is sleeping and I'm on the clock.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ostera15
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2009 03:09:23 PM »

I would love to do this swap, but after reading the debates and profile info for people that have posted on this thread I'm thinking I'll have to pass. I have cats (lots of allergies listed) and I am a smoker even though I don't smoke in my home/ around my crafts. I don't blame anyone for being bothered by smoke and other allergies, but dang you all make is hard for a first timer! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ostera15/
Save  the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate  !!!!
Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2009 03:18:31 PM »

Tell us more about the coffee subscription please!

ostera - do sign up if you want to! The organiser will sort you out with a compatible partner I am sure:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jca1982
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2009 04:37:10 PM »

I usually buy beans and then grind them at home...I think it stays a bit more fresh.

If my partner prefers already ground coffee, that is not a problem.

This is going to be so much fun. I hope I get paired with a coffee person...I have 2 roasts already in mind. I can't wait to try some new coffee!

BTW Saor...I have a coffee cup for you that I will be mailing with your earrings! It's from the shop next door to my house...it has a mermaid on it!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

'If I wasn't born a woman, i'd have been a drag queen' Dolly Parton

My etsy!
https://MidwestBeauties.etsy.com
Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2009 04:53:14 PM »

I usually buy beans and then grind them at home...I think it stays a bit more fresh.

If my partner prefers already ground coffee, that is not a problem.

This is going to be so much fun. I hope I get paired with a coffee person...I have 2 roasts already in mind. I can't wait to try some new coffee!

BTW Saor...I have a coffee cup for you that I will be mailing with your earrings! It's from the shop next door to my house...it has a mermaid on it!!  Grin

Grin

I am excited now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2009 05:43:09 PM »

I sent in my questionaire. I'm a coffee and tea lover.

I too am in Iowa and refuse to go to starbucks. Unfortuately, my favorite coffee place closed last month. There is another I love, I just have to drive further.

darma_rebel go ahead and sign up. Not everyone has cat allergies. I only have cinnamon allergies, which means no chia tea. Too bad it is so yummy. It is my sister's favorite.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Pineapple Part 4/12
How to Crochet a Pineapple Part 9/12
How to Crochet a Pineapple Part 5/12
How to Crochet a Puff Stitch Part 3/5
How to Crochet a Pineapple Part 6/12
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...