A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 304,867
Currently Running With Scissors:
408 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I <3 Coffee/Tea Swap Round 6! ***CLOSED***  (Read 20890 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

southernstitcher

Proud citizen of the Who Dat Nation!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009 09:34:55 AM »

Dumb question here.  By "no commercial" do you mean just no nationally sold products?   I understand about no Starbucks, as they totally all over the place.   We have local coffees- sold in our local supermarkets, but not necessarily beyond Louisiana that I know of.  Would these be okay?  I would consider them commercial -- one company will ship to other areas, for the locals who have moved, etc.  Or does it have to be something not sold in stores at all?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you are interested in making me some knitted dishcloths, contact me for a swap!  I'll sew you something or gift you with supplies!

When life hands you green velvet, make a green velvet dress.

My Wist:  http://www.wists.com/southernstitcher
imthecutest81
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009 10:23:55 AM »

Dumb question here.  By "no commercial" do you mean just no nationally sold products?   I understand about no Starbucks, as they totally all over the place.   We have local coffees- sold in our local supermarkets, but not necessarily beyond Louisiana that I know of.  Would these be okay?  I would consider them commercial -- one company will ship to other areas, for the locals who have moved, etc.  Or does it have to be something not sold in stores at all?

I am not the organizer but I would say that as long as you can't get it everywhere/anywhere you travel it would be good to send.  The whole idea seems to be trying different things that arent in your hometown.  That's just my opinion though.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Jessica~
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009 10:24:43 AM »

Dumb question here.  By "no commercial" do you mean just no nationally sold products?   I understand about no Starbucks, as they totally all over the place.   We have local coffees- sold in our local supermarkets, but not necessarily beyond Louisiana that I know of.  Would these be okay?  I would consider them commercial -- one company will ship to other areas, for the locals who have moved, etc.  Or does it have to be something not sold in stores at all?

Oh no - I hope it can be stuff bought in stores, because I was thinking of some nice tea blends in some local markets I have seen, and locally roasted coffee blends.  I can understand not internationally known brands, like Tetley, Starbucks, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Melvinator

It's a miracle!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009 10:34:13 AM »

Ooh!! I love tea, seriously. Not been drinking as much lately but as this is a small swap I may just have to join...

..I think I'll go send in my questionnaire!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RubyRain
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009 10:54:21 AM »

[/quote]

Really? No local coffee? I guess living in Washington State spoils me, and makes me think that there are a gazillion independent roasters/coffee shops all over the place.

[/quote]

Don't remind me! We just moved to IA from WA last year and I seriously miss the coffee shacks on every corner...
We literally have 4 drive thru coffee places in an area of 150,000 people or so-sad isn't it?? And 2 of them are Starbucks which I don't even care for after living in WA!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009 10:55:11 AM by mamaAnn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homeschooling mama of 4 kidlets.

Mamahood is not for wimps!
jca1982
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009 11:27:03 AM »

In Madison, we have this great roaster that sells different coffee blends in our local co-ops. It's fine if the coffee is sold in your local stores. Just as dharma_rebel said...no starbucks or maxwell house, stuff like that!

Woo...I am so gald to see the great turn out already.

I am totally addicted to coffee, this should be a fun swap and with the points on low side a rather easy one!

J.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

'If I wasn't born a woman, i'd have been a drag queen' Dolly Parton

My etsy!
https://MidwestBeauties.etsy.com
ostera15
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009 12:37:35 PM »

Is only being able to send coffee maker (drip) coffee okay? Local coffee here is really expensive so there is no way would be able to whole beans and tea/instant coffee has no flavor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ostera15/
Save  the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate  !!!!
imthecutest81
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009 12:49:56 PM »

Is only being able to send coffee maker (drip) coffee okay? Local coffee here is really expensive so there is no way would be able to whole beans and tea/instant coffee has no flavor.

I was just thinking it was weird that a couple of people don't have local coffee places then I looked at your profile and saw where you live, Hawaii.  Then I just became jealous, especially on a dreary rainy day here in Michigan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Jessica~
Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009 01:15:58 PM »

Well, I am in Ireland so no cool local coffee brands - there used to be shop here that sold flavoured coffee but not anymore. But getting interesting tea shouldn't be a problem:) There is at least one local tea company.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

southernstitcher

Proud citizen of the Who Dat Nation!

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009 01:37:03 PM »

Good question about beans vs. ground.  Around here most of the local stuff is already ground, though I can purchase beans for some of them. 

As for flavoring, I don't recall seeing too much flavored ground coffee in the local way, I mean not like Amaretto flavored ground coffee.  Different roasts, but not actual flavors.  Interesting. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you are interested in making me some knitted dishcloths, contact me for a swap!  I'll sew you something or gift you with supplies!

When life hands you green velvet, make a green velvet dress.

My Wist:  http://www.wists.com/southernstitcher
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Homemade Bows
Pat Mitchell: Policy Comes from the Top
Pat Mitchell: The Audacity to Take Risk
Pat Mitchell: Everyone Needs a Rabbi
Pat Mitchell: One Woman Per Station
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...