A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,748
Currently Running With Scissors:
578 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fantasy, Fairytales, Faeries and Folklore Round 2  (Read 12006 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lovely_enigma

Random tends to be = or > awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: May 20, 2009 04:35:35 PM »

Wow YoungMom! I need to get a move on! I am sooooo excited to send your pkg, but am having a nosy cat issue. He is living up to his name (Aris, the greek god of war) and has declared a new war on my large. I come home to find that somehow the door to my craft room has come open while I was out and there is my large with giant kitty prints in acrylic medium all over it. And from the looks of it, Aris did not fare as well as the large did. I set off to seek him out and scold him, unfortunately... I never got to the scolding. I come around the corner and here is this big, slinky cat covered in still-wet-medium and (after having turned over my chocolate mint plant in the kitchen) attempting very unsuccessfully to shake potting soil off his paws.

For the next bit to make sense, I must explain that my cat thinks he is a person & gets very offended when someone laughs at him. So, there I am, chortling to myself while I walk to the mud ball to intervene on his behalf when Aris decides he doesn't like my tone and begins to "run" from me. However, said cat is also very wierd about things touching his paws, so he does this half stunted canter, half cowboy walk to get away from me, shaking his paws after every step. It probably took me about 5 minutes to catch him because I couldn't stop laughing long enough to make any headway.

Now each time I attempt to go to my craft room to work on patching up the large, Aris plants himself in front of the door and kitty-growls at me. I find it so funny that he has a vendetta against crafting now. Silly, sticky cat Smiley I am going to give him the night to come to terms with me recreating his arch-enemy and I will start again first thing in the morning. LOL. I should be sending a few days before the deadline as long as General Patton Paws over here doesn't decide he needs to tank my project again. I can't wait to see everyone's photos! The anticipation is palpable Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The thoughts of a woman ride the misty mountain tops & roam the lush valleys. The heart is just another lovely enigma.

Blog:
http://lovelyenigma.wordpress.com/
http://curingpleonasm.tumblr.com/

http://www.wists.com/intheirishmist
Mellifluous
« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2009 05:38:57 AM »

I have a question for woodland_faerie and my partner korok. Would it be all right if I sent late, maybe way late, if the thing I'm working on is awesome enough to make up for it?

I've been devoting every spare minute to my project but it's just not going to be done on time. And the instructions said it would take three weeks. *grumbles*

If this is not acceptable I can change projects. It's just that I really, really wanted to do this design and I think it's something my partner would love to have.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
korok

Whoever dies with the most fabric wins!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: May 21, 2009 07:13:33 AM »

Wow, three weeks? - that's wow at the amount of work you're doing, not at when you will be sending! I feel so lucky and not worthy of this!  I have no problem with late packages.  I know my package won't live up to yours though!  If you want to change projects, I completely understand. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mellifluous
« Reply #173 on: May 21, 2009 04:41:47 PM »

korok, thanks for being so understanding! Smiley I think you'll agree when you see this thing that it was worth the wait.

I didn't set out to spoil you but I really love this design and I've been wanting to do it for ages. Unfortunately, I'm a bit slow when it comes to these things. The instructions said it would take three weeks and with the extension I thought I had it locked up.

However, that seems not to be the case as, even with my best effort, I can see I'm not going to get it done in time. And I have to travel out of town for work next week so that knocks back the extra week we got in the extension. Sad

I appreciate your patience and I promise I'll do everything I can to finish as quickly as possible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
christinaX
« Reply #174 on: May 21, 2009 07:26:07 PM »

OK, I almost slipped up and posted pics of what I have finished so far on my blog.  Has anyone messed up and did that before? 

Not realizing that my blog link is in my Craftster signature and anyone could check it out to see.

Oops!! Wink

And I almost posted pics to my Flickr, not thinking, "well duh Christina, you dingdong, your Flickr posts to your blog"

Tero, you almost had a peep at your cool stuff, before you were supposed to!!  Teehee!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ysmeine
« Reply #175 on: May 21, 2009 08:44:48 PM »

I have something posted on my blog that should go out this weekend. Hopefully she is done stalking me, or maybe she is anxiously waiting for me to send already. 

Okay, okay, I admit it. I may have inadvertantly seen something I may not have been supposed to see, but it was lovely. I can't wait to see the rest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #176 on: May 22, 2009 04:46:20 AM »

Tero, you almost had a peep at your cool stuff, before you were supposed to!!  Teehee!

Cheesy Well I hate to admit it but I probably wouldn't have found the pictures. Wink But I do love to peek at the presents at Christmas time. Waiting for suprises to come or worse it waiting to give suprises is like torture to me. Smiley I totally cant wait to see what you have done for me.

The last suprise things that I ordered for you came in the mail yesterday. This has been an ubber fun swap. Even with weenies on fire and upside down bits.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
ysmeine
« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2009 02:16:12 PM »

I sent off wonderwoman1976's extra today. I managed to finish it before the deadline after all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #178 on: May 23, 2009 04:29:50 PM »

I received an amazing package from wonderwoman1976 today. Check out the gallery. I absolutely love the fairy shrine, on so many levels. Sewing was my first love, so I love dressmaker dummies. I love the newsprint and the colors. Some day I want a room painted similar to that pink, kind of salmony. I love the womanly form and it's hints at motherhood, rebirth, etc. It could have many different meanings.

Thank you wonderwoman1976.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chanemza
Your temper brings dishonor to my happy mushu palace.

Chick of The Sea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: May 24, 2009 11:30:46 AM »

Ok, so I have had a REALLY bad/stressful week and been pretty sick (pain sick, not cold/flu sick).  My boyfriend, who also has some of the same things I do (hypothyroid & sjogren's, plus he has addison's) is AMAZING.  He is always bringing me little gifts and treats.  So he comes over with his two (awesome) teenage kids, and gives me a little gift he picked up at the bookstore.  He's meant to pick up my sewing machine all week and take it to a friend's who fixes them, since he felt bad that it's not working anymore and I've been in withdrawals, lol. 

So he takes it with him, and an hour later comes back with the machine and says "Greg couldn't get the zig-zag to work, so he gave me this to give to you instead"   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked A JANOME MEMORYCRAFT 9000!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I know it's an older-ish model, but this is the coolest machine I have EVER had!!

I haven't fired this baby up yet, since my babysitter is over at my place doing laundry.  But rest assured, I will be trying this sucker out ASAP - and my first experiment will be on something for my partner  Grin Grin Grin

My boyfriend is the best, most awesome man in the whole world!! Smiley Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ebru Demonstration by Bingul Sevimli
Meet Painter and Art Gallery Owner Adnan Aybek
Canvas Painting Lesson with Adnan Aybek
Supervillain Origins: Sinestro
Superhero Origins: The Green Hornet
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...