A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
765 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fantasy, Fairytales, Faeries and Folklore Round 2  (Read 11406 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2009 08:13:16 PM »

here's my small contribution

If you were stuck in the Labyrinth would you go left or right? Right! because I always go right.

What is your favorite hobbies? I love to craft (obviously!), love to take photos, hang out with people and watch really girly movies.

what are your favorite bands/music? I love Journey, aerosmith, Fleetwood Mac, Queen. I love pop music, old school rock, country...

what are your favorite Fanstasy, Folklore, Faeirie Fairytales: I love mermaids, fairys, Irish creatures like the merrows, the lianhan shee, of course the burren and the blarney stone

Who are your heros: my mom and dad. I dont spend alot of time thinking about my heros...is that bad?

what are your favorite colors: green, blue, purple, pink, red

If you were a plant what would you be: a lotus. a beautiful purple tipped white lotus with a bright yellow center...and a frog neighbor  Wink

what are your favorite crafts that people can give you: i love things i can wear. i think i'd really like a journal i could carry with me.

A small bio to wrap it up: Grew up in a small town, went to a magnet - science based HS, then spent long years on greuling majors. I live with 3 roomates in a 2 bedroom apartment with 2 cats... Spend my time crafting to escape from my reality. Small enough for ya? haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

Sewing feral faerie creature TEXTURE YUM

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2009 08:41:25 PM »

ok i have partners all lined up and well im kinda tired now so i will post them first thing in the am ( i wake up early so you all will have your partners yay we get to do a week early! SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED SORRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watch out for toadstool rings!
www.wists.com/woodland_faerie
I love personal swaps we can do one with faerie clothing just ask! I've got a vintage fabric for trade
YoungMom

My honey and I

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2009 05:45:12 AM »

Grin I'm excited for partners!!  Grin

I spent my weekend working double shifts, 32 hours in total in two days. I'm exhausted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Amy~~

My Wist!!  http://www.wists.com/?action=login_form

The Goddess is the Universal Mother, Earth Mother, The Lady. She is the source of fertility, endless wisdom and caresses. She is represented by the Moon.....
Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2009 06:53:54 AM »

If you were stuck in the Labyrinth would you go left or right? Ummm if I was in a Labyrinth I wouldn't really care which way I was going I would be too busy enjoying the adventure. When I was done I would just transend out of there.  Wink

What is your favorite hobbies? Crafting, reading, sun worshiping, swimming, playing with my girls, and of course playing with my yummy hubby

what are your favorite bands/music? WOW this is tooooo big of a question. Beatles, Indigo Girls, Melissa Ethridge, John Denver (yes John Denver) Smiley Bread, America, The Carpenters, Billy Joel, Eagles, Jimmy Buffet, Enya, Carol King, Cowboy Junkies, Really all kind of music in small quantities, anything I can sing along with. Really love the sound of an acoustic guitar. I do love Celtic or New Age music and it is playing in our home almost everyday. I just get the mixed tapes though and don't really have any one artist that I know of. If any of you hard core fans want to do a private swap with me I would be happy to make you something fun for some Celtic music education.

what are your favorite Fantasy, Folklore, Faeirie Fairytales: Again this one is hard, I have been practicing since I was 15 so I have went down just about every bunny trail there is. Beyond that I grew up in an old forest so I was aware long before people or stories were putting names to what I knew was there. I love the idea of mermaids and refuse to tell my girls that there is no such thing. Until some can PROVE to ME that there is NOT mermaids, unicorns, and on and on then I will say that they are there. As a little girl I would stay in water for hours wish that I would grow a tail. hee hee WOW nothing like throwing out your childhood mental issues to the internet waves. I love all stories of faerie and the like. LOVE the stories of leprechauns. My Grandfather was off the boat Irish so I heard lots of Irish tales growing up. I am drawn to Viking tales and the life style of such. I am married to one and my father was a Viking king of sorts. Really he was a man out of time. Gnomes just make me happy and if they are with a red mushroom all the better. The list is too long to get them all down, just really dig all the "folk" that are around us on a regular basis.

Who are your heroes:These are big questions.....Jim Henson, the Dali Lama, Rosa Parks, Tookie ( my life teacher, mentor and children's "fairy" godmother), My father, Lauren Bacall, John Lennon, Capt. Jon Luc Picard hee hee not kidding. I would leave my husband for Patrick Stewart in a heart beat.

what are your favorite colors: I like all colors, I tend to lean towards earth colors or the colors of the ocean. Although red certainly looks wonderful on a mushroom.

If you were a plant what would you be: Hate to sound cliche here but an Oak Tree. They are deeply scared to me and to the fairy folk that I hold dear. I have always had them around me. My girls and I have two more that we are going to plant on Beltane. I love them and all that they are home to both seen and unseen. I would be an old southern live oak though, with a trunk too big to put your arms around and tons of moss flowing through the breeze coming off of an ocean and many many years of wisdom and love in my branches.

what are your favorite crafts that people can give you: Polymer clay goodies because I am not all that great at it yet, crochet critters for the same reason. I am a jewelry person and love things to wear although it has to be either not metal or sterling silver. Anything done from the heart really. I am so sure that our "folks" will inspire in this swap so all will get what they want or better yet what they need at the time. My daughters are so into faeries and mermaid especially so it would be cool to share the love with them.

A small bio to wrap it up: I am a artist, free spirited, yoga practicing, full hipped, Wiccan, mother of two married to a incredibly handsome wonderful man. He is in the military so we are currently living in the last place on earth I would have picked to live but he made sure I have an in ground swimming pool with privacy fence and a huge yard to garden in AND a converted two car garage as a craft room so I will not complain at all.  Wink We are also surrounded by national forest so woods are not too far away. We just moved here from spending five years in Europe and I miss it so much it is a physical pain sometimes. The old old souls that live in the forests there are something that cant be put into words. We are a flaky bunch that talks to things that live in our home and packs extra food for the faeries as we walk through the woods. Grew up in an old wood, raised by hippies and learning out to live off the land and recycle everything. I have just recently started teaching motivational techniques along with communication skills and body language to local business. Basically I teach folks to be kind to one another. It is a high that I can not explain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2009 07:16:55 AM »

partners are posted at the top page!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps we can do one with faerie clothing just ask! I've got a vintage fabric for trade
YoungMom

My honey and I

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2009 11:36:50 AM »

If you were stuck in the Labyrinth would you go left or right?     I would just wonder around exploring, and when I became tired I would just fly straight up and then fly to where I needed to go.

What is your favorite hobbies? I love to craft, swim, play tennis, online junkie, and watching movies.  And yoga, but I don't consider yoga a "hobby".....

what are your favorite bands/music? U2!!!!!!!! I get to see them in concert in September!!  I also like Madonna, Aerosmith, Guns and Roses, 70s music, 80s music, 90s music, ....I love it ALL (excpet Christian rock)

what are your favorite Fanstasy, Folklore, Faeirie Fairytales: I love mermaids and dragons, and wizards

Who are your heros: I look up to my best friend, Tatjana. She is an awesome person, and I hope to be half as great as she one day

what are your favorite colors: blue, teal, green, pinks

If you were a plant what would you be: Ivy....I have a connection with ivy. It is the one plant that has not had a catastrophic event in my home. (I blew up an aloe plant and a catctus with over watering a long time ago)

what are your favorite crafts that people can give you: I like anything I can put on a shelf or on myself and show off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Amy~~

My Wist!!  http://www.wists.com/?action=login_form

The Goddess is the Universal Mother, Earth Mother, The Lady. She is the source of fertility, endless wisdom and caresses. She is represented by the Moon.....
woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2009 04:24:47 PM »

ok i got it all fixed all the partners are posted and are permanate geeezzz im a loser

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2009 03:29:49 PM »

I managed 8hrs crafting time last night. I finished one large/medium. Normally, it wouldn't take so long, but I wanted it to be special. No Walmart look here. I also made an extra for the little one. It is toddler friendly.

I have to work through the week so will be quiet until this weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

christinaX
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2009 04:24:56 PM »

Yes!  I've already started knocking some ideas around!  I feel like a kid in a candy store.  I feel like I could make a million things for this swap and still have ideas left   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chanemza
Your temper brings dishonor to my happy mushu palace.

Chick of The Sea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2009 04:33:42 PM »

I know!  There are so many cool ideas that come to mind, that it's hard to make up MY mind about what to make - I think this is definitely one to go overboard with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Create a Fashion Forward Bob - Flat Iron
Learn how to Create a Fashion Forward Bob - Blow Drying
Learn how to Create a Fashion Forward Bob - Products Needed
Learn how to Create a Fashion Forward Bob
Learn how to Twist Hair - Finishing the Hairline and Styling
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...