A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fantasy, Fairytales, Faeries and Folklore Round 2  (Read 11723 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

Sewing feral faerie creature TEXTURE YUM

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009 06:14:36 AM »

Grin I want everyone to join! lol fall into the mushroom ring and play with the faeries you know you want to! lol we have yummy food and and and honey and " " from RhondaS: We have MEAD!!!!!! Ok so far i have been a .....descient mod....well im gonna get this group up and rolling now gonna start some do i really care to know questions about everyone! It is totally voluntary just fun to meet you all in the group. YippIe!!!!!!!

I will write out the questionaire below without answers thats your job dearies....

If you were stuck in the Labyrinth would you go left or right? well obviously i would go strait cause well it goes to the castle...ok im corney

What is your favorite hobbies? Mine would be sewing, drawing/ painting, mix media with fibers, contact juggling, reading,  working at Joann fabrics, camping, being out doors!!!!!!! thrift store shopping, annoying my husband, and of course playing with the faeries!

what are your favorite bands/music? I love anything celtic New age faerie and bluegrass any thing from the label Prikosnovenie and these bandsWoodland, Pracilla Hernandaz, Joules Graves, Trillian Green,Louisa John Krol( a great oak ash and thorn song)Omnia, Corvas Crux, Gaia Consort, Blackmores Night, Lorenna Mckennit, Kiva,  David Bowie  Jenna Greene, Qntal, Faun, Diddly Deux and Beats Antique basically any music you can listen to from www.faerieworlds.com (who are playing and whove had played)

If you had an perfect day how would it go? Well i would wake up and the temp outside would be sunny and warm*80 degrees all day* with a tiny warm breeze so i can open my doors and windows....My husband left with my son to go camping and cleaned the house before he left....He left me with a Kaos Monster Energy drink for later...I would have green tea with honey and cream of wheat with fresh fruit and then i would go for a walk then come back home and put on some music and put on my faerie best and sew and serge then i would do some resin work...I would have some inscence burning...I would have a yummy sweet potatoe and steamed brussel sprouts and lots of hot pepper for lunch(im weird i lovooooooooove veggies)and then i would sew and sew and maybe do some polymere clay but then descide i need to sew some more...then i would go out and ride the trolley to the book store and read and drink free coffee....then i would walk around with my pretty wings to a forest area and just beeeeeeeee in nature....then i would go home and sew again....and then i would eat dinner and then get all glammed up and go watch a drag show have like a drink (im uber light weight) and then i would go back out to the woods and look at the river then go home and sew and then read and then sleep.......and dream of creating....tee hee

If you could visit anywhere where would you go? Ireland and the British Isles (yippie)

what are your favorite Fanstasy, Folklore, Faeirie Fairytales: Im really connected with the nature spirits I love faeries and their kin, mermaids, brownies any thing fae! Gnomes rock too i have a house gnome his name is Fritz Kling my husband is jeoulus of him he thinks we have a love affair but the gnome is a big pimp he has all my faerie girls after him...they have hot tub parties in the sink....we won't speak of what happens there....scrub brush anyone ! lol sorry i so totally went there....tee hee....(i have some distasteful humor some time)

Who are your heros: BRIAN FROUD AND ALLEN LEE and JIM HENSON AND DAVID BOWIE

what are your favorite colors: walnut brown and chartruese mossy green hands down (any warm colors i hate cool colors)

If you were a plant what would you be: That would be hard for me i would either be a mighty oak tree or english ivy(im very connected to both)

what are your favorite crafts that people can give you: I LOVE FAERIE CLOTHES I wear them everyday when i climb trees even my bed robe is faerie ( big long hood and sleeves) tee hee...and my underware.......ummmm yeah im obsessed my husband is totally into steam punk he has taught my son to use his "Ray Gun" against the faeries he says that they are just sissy gremlins that will tear down the air ship...." Thats fine me and the faeries will just go chill where wanted...(my husband wants to barf everytime i get another faerie so bring it on! lol)(he needs to lose a few pounds anyway) lol

A small bio to wrap it up: go to www.faerieradio.com for some really nice pagan inspiration!
          ok here we go again.........

Greetings My name is Erin and i live in Joplin Missouri (right in the middle of the USA) in the magical woods of the ozarks. THe ozarks are very full of magic faeries and folklore (when the Irish moved to america alot of them came here to settle) I am a wife, a mother(stay at home with my 2 1/2 year old son and my 4 yr old daughter doesn't live with me though  ) ,a crafter( sewing is my first passion, drawing, cooking( I have to we are all vegans in my house) working with resin, painting on fabrics, nature crafts, recycled crafts, beadings, macrame( knotwork) just a little of everything really(keeps me from being bored and free of the " do nothings", We volunteer at a local play house (i help with costumes and props, We try to live as green as possible recycle everything we can, compost, have a faerie garden, herb, and a vegetable garden. I am a solitary practionaner (except my son is learing with me) we are really into the simplicity and green cleaning, buying local and the life of the old ways.(we definatly aren't rich, my husband is the only one working and I have to be very inventive!) I love Faeries, the green man, goddess and god, and i love Oak leaves\trees, Ivy, faerie stones (or hag stones what they call in the UK thanks Phildude for the info)(basically stones with natural holes in them) and celtic things, stonehenge and the power of nature.  (I have always felt a strong connection to nature im irish native american) I try to teach my son the oldways first by loving oneself and putting the power into nature and the ones around us. I guess you could say im a green witch( Im not a high holie greener than thou just very in tuned with the world we walk on *The faeries have a thing for my son*    My house is like an enchanted forest (I had to bring nature in cause im home most of the time if not we are out in the woods at the local nature center or parks.)  My house is very faerie friendly *they have their days* *and no im not crazy* tee hee...I don't have much in common with people here so i pretty much a crafting homebody that is happy with a good dark beer, sewing machine, or a book....I feel i have to be creative everyday in some way or i feel like i have wasted it. chow you all i gotta go to work! ~ERin your best mod and friend !!!!

O BTW SEWSILLY MY FRIEND JOIN UUUUUSSSSS im glad you still love your box
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watch out for toadstool rings!
www.wists.com/woodland_faerie
I love personal swaps we can do one with faerie clothing just ask! I've got a vintage fabric for trade
woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2009 06:18:48 AM »

If you were stuck in the Labyrinth would you go left or right?

What is your favorite hobbies?

what are your favorite bands/music?

what are your favorite Fanstasy, Folklore, Faeirie Fairytales:

Who are your heros:

what are your favorite colors:

If you were a plant what would you be:

what are your favorite crafts that people can give you:

A small bio to wrap it up:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps we can do one with faerie clothing just ask! I've got a vintage fabric for trade
YoungMom

My honey and I

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2009 10:21:14 AM »

I sent my info in last night, and fell right asleep! So.....HELLO!!!!! I am so excited to be in on this swap! My parents are visiting me for this week, so next time I get a free moment I will fill out the secondary questionaire.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Amy~~

My Wist!!  http://www.wists.com/?action=login_form

The Goddess is the Universal Mother, Earth Mother, The Lady. She is the source of fertility, endless wisdom and caresses. She is represented by the Moon.....
Rainbow_Storms
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2009 10:30:12 AM »

I sent in my questionnaire! Can't wait to get started; it's such nice weather here I just want to sit outside in my shorts and craft something!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps! Just PM me!

I've recently gotten into blythes; check out my blog about mine here:
http://saffron42.livejournal.com
http://deliagrey.etsy.com
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2009 04:10:37 PM »

I'm thinking about this one! I'm more of a fairy tales and folklore fan than fairies/faeries themselves. . . . and I'm writing a novel based around folklore actually! (It's a young adult urban fantasy about the Wild Hunt). This could be mighty cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eukarya
Freelance Artist and Maker of Crafty Things

Crazy loves me!

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2009 06:01:25 PM »

I'm keeping an eye on this one.  Round 1 was such fun. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009 05:41:03 AM »

Cheesy the faeries blessed us again with more morels this year we found yet like 5 more after we found a bunch last week. We had alot last year they form a ring around this dead stump we have in our back yard....I love living in the ozarks we have a very strong faerie population it is believed they immigrated with the irish who moved to the ozark mountains( that is how we get our jive of bluegrass rich with fiddles and dulcemers and other irish insturments) We have alot of oak trees and ivy too....Smiley yippie.....im in a really good mood today*skips off...la la la
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009 07:54:41 AM »

Okay so I made sure to sign up for this.  I am limiting myself to just this and the whimsy jar swap since I have a crazy life right now...Very excited about this and am very happy that its not too big of a swap...I can totally swing Large/Medium, 2 smalls, a few extras.    Yay!  And here follows my answers to the questions.

If you were stuck in the Labyrinth would you go left or right?  Hmm...I would probably think right and go left or think left and go right...I've never been good with direction so I end up going the wrong way but somehow manage to get to the right place.

What is your favorite hobbies?  reading and crafting...i have a one year old though so mostly my hobby is hanging out with her

what are your favorite bands/music?  billy bragg, tom waits, johnny cash, bob dylan, bob marley, x, bad brains, descendants, david bowie, cheesy 80s pop, propaghandi...i also like celtic music but don't know any particular bands i just like it when i hear it...

If you had an perfect day how would it go? I'm simple in my desires...I would have plenty of time to read and craft and hang out with my daughter...maybe sleep in a bit or even just snuggle in bed with my lil' one

If you could visit anywhere where would you go? Korea...My mother was born and raised in Korea...I would like to visit one day...not the big cities but the small towns and the wilderness.  Ireland, Wales, and India would all be pretty neat too...oh and Alaska...okay clearly I cannot pick just one

what are your favorite Fanstasy, Folklore, Faeirie Fairytales: i love fantasy, i have ever since i was a little girl...not to get into too much woe is me but i've had a fairly rough life and fantasy has always been my escape...my taste ranges from sci-fi to light and dark fantasy...my favorite books currently are the abhorsen triology, his dark materials, and pretty much anything by neil gaiman or charles de lint

Who are your heros: Angela Y Davis, my professor Dr Johanna Brenner, and my precious lil' daughter who is so full of sunshine it hurts to look at her sometimes

what are your favorite colors: i like most colors...its hard to pick...i guess i've been leaning towards light faded green and blue a lot lately and really bright turquoise and red...

If you were a plant what would you be:Bamboo...strong yet able to bend as needed

what are your favorite crafts that people can give you:  I LOVE hoodies...seriously, I borderline obsess about them.  I also like cuffs...fabric, metal...love them. 

A small bio to wrap it up: My name is Robin and I live in Oregon.  Its absolutely gorgeous here...waterfalls, mountains, coast...I mean come on we even have rain forests here!  Mosses and Ferns galore!  I am a mother to a gorgeous, strong willed, energetic, and curious one year old named Aria.  As mentioned earlier, my life has been a rather difficult one.  I wonder sometimes if its to balance out all the good that Aria brings to my life.  Only I'm hoping not because I have a serious debt to pay if thats the case.  I spend my time working on my thesis, working part time as a research assistant, and hanging out with my family.  I craft and read to relieve stress...I take enormous pride in making things with my hands.  I am feminist, anti racist, a LGBT ally, and try my hardest to be a forgiving and compassionate person.  I am half Asian (quarter Korean, quarter Japanese) and half white (German, Jewish, English).  I make conscious efforts to expose my daughter to other cultures via our choice in friends, her playmates, books, and toys.  I am a skeptic of all religions but can find beauty in them all.  I wouldn't say I'm necessarily spiritual in the true sense of the word...thats not to say I'm not moral. I believe in compassion, understanding, forgiveness...I think that each of us should try to leave the world a little better than we entered it.  I want to see the world and show the world to my daughter.

I can't wait to get partners and plan.  Planning is my favorite part.  I love making things but the planning is bliss. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009 08:05:29 AM »

Cheesy the faeries blessed us again with more morels this year we found yet like 5 more after we found a bunch last week. We had alot last year they form a ring around this dead stump we have in our back yard....I love living in the ozarks we have a very strong faerie population it is believed they immigrated with the irish who moved to the ozark mountains( that is how we get our jive of bluegrass rich with fiddles and dulcemers and other irish insturments) We have alot of oak trees and ivy too....Smiley yippie.....im in a really good mood today*skips off...la la la

One of my happy memories from childhood is hunting morels with my grandmother in Michigan.  I was mostly better at hunting jack-in-the-pulpits, dutchman's britches, bleeding hearts... Gramma used to tell me that the morels had ears...She said that they could hear you approaching and when you got too close they would sink into the earth to hide.  I would creep around on tip toes through the forest hoping to sneak up on them before they sunk out of sight. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009 02:26:14 PM »

If you were stuck in the Labyrinth would you go left or right? I would listen for voices to guide me.

What is your favorite hobbies? Crafting, crafting, and crafting. I am a member of the SCA, society for creative anachronism, medieval reenactment. I don't get to play much, but we are going to melon wars this weekend.

what are your favorite bands/music?I love Celtic music, but my two favorite artists right now are Jason Mraz and Paolo Nutini. Which are not celtic.

what are your favorite Fanstasy, Folklore, Faeirie Fairytales:I love reading all kinds of fantasy. I also like Irish folklore, it often has humour. I also like viking tales.

Who are your heros:My grandparents. They passed away decades ago, but they had their problems and worked throuh them.

what are your favorite colors:I love neutrals with a punch of color. Of coarse those punches of colors are constantly changing.

If you were a plant what would you be:Cherry blossoms; I am strong, I've weathered through many difficulties. But when I bloom and reach out to people I can be fragile.

what are your favorite crafts that people can give you: something useful, something I can share.

A small bio to wrap it up:I am a single mother of three. After my divorse I was homeless for a few months, so I moved home to Iowa and went back to school. I am a Respiratory therapist and work 3rd shift. My SCA persona is Ysmeine de Dunewic, she is from 1190, Dunwic Enland which was a major port at the time. I love crafting, camping, and spending time with my kids. Who are teenagers now. My 18yo has Asperger Syndrom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Granny Squares
Creative Birthday Card Styles
Creative Wrapping Paper Styles
How to Read Crochet Patterns
How to Triple Crochet
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...