A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
733 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sour Apple Romper EDIT: TUTE NOW AVAILABLE!!!  (Read 26797 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sewjayded
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2009 11:13:03 AM »

That's uber-cute!  It would totally make a great swimsuit cover up, you should enter it here:  http://craftzine.com/swimsuitcoverup/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plummy
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2009 11:52:21 PM »

SooStark:  between step 2 and 3 all you are doing is grabbing the torso bit of your garment along the top unfinished edge and rotating it so the side seams you just sewed are in the center front and center back instead of on the left and right.  the leg part will work itself out if you do this and then straighten out all the fabric.  if you actually make a mock-up and try to follow the directions it should make more sense, i promise.  Smiley 

SewJayded: thanks so much for the compliment and the tip!  i never even heard of that contest before and i will definitely look into entering!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to trade for kawaii Japanese fabric or cabochons!  PM me if you're interested!

Visit my etsy shop!   Cute girly clothing and accessories!  bydanalynn.etsy.com
KimberlyErin
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2009 09:56:44 AM »

Amazingly adorable!  You should definitely wear it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KimberlyErin
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2009 10:06:56 AM »

Okay, I just read all the comments, and I'll revise mine- wear it out if you're in a city that's fashion-forward enough to handle it!  I'm in Montreal, where everyone just wears whatever they want and no one minds, and rompers are all over the place.  But I can understand how this wouldn't go over as well in other cities.

Seriously though, so wonderfully cute.  You did a great job and you look so great in these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chel02
Kakusei Designs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2009 06:57:45 AM »

so cute! Smiley i love rompers <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my Store!

www.kakusei-designs.co.nr

(opening sooon!)
lilseed
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2009 01:33:42 PM »

This is just too cute! Thank you for posting a tutorial - I am going to try it out. I definitely can't wear something like that out, but in the house would be great. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BrainsNotBombs
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2009 10:24:55 PM »

Gorgeous, I've been wanting to make a romper! I'd totally wear one to just about anywhere with wedges and a cute cardigan over it maybe. Then again, I wear pretty much anything I feel comfortable in, I like to take risks :p If you have enough confidence, you can pull just about anything off.

Thanks SO MUCH for the tutorial! After I finish all my recons of assorted vintage, this will definitely be one of my first sewing projects I attempt. I just have to wrap my head around how to get from step 2 to 3 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilseed
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2009 02:49:37 PM »

Your tutorial was pretty easy to follow. Thanks! I did have some trouble with step #5, just not quite getting how to do all that doubling of the fabric, so I skipped it since I was just making a "test" out of some cheap fabric I had laying around. It worked and turned out cute Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
plumbucket

Guard girl/Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2009 02:54:12 PM »

I think the fact that it is a romper does make it very inside-only -- but if you slipped a skirt over it, I think it would be an adorable way to make it outside-safe (and then you could let your skirt blow in the wind and be like hey, it's not like I'm showing my underwear XD)! Totally cute either ways.

True story.

And yeah, the tutorial one could totally be a bathing suit. Wonderful work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Guardie for life.

I am really interested in doing a personal swap, especially for greener things like reusable lady items, wool dryer balls, or other such things.  I can knit, sew, draw, and put things together in pretty neat ways.  Please PM me if you're interested.
plummy
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2009 08:31:03 AM »

Lilseed, thanks for posting how yours turned out!  It's super cute!  Step 5...basically what you are doing with the folded over band, is taking a long rectangular piece of material and folding it in half hot dog ways, with the fashion side out.  Then you are laying it down on the fashion side of the romper top, lining up all the raw edges (raw top edge of the romper top piece, and the two raw edges from the long hot dog folded piece of material).  You sew all the raw edges together, going all the way around the romper.  Then you join the short edges of the band together (or you can do it beforehand) and you flip it up--voila, the seam is hidden on the inside, and the top gets additional support from multiple layers of material.  Does that make sense?  I believe there are a few tutorials here on craftster about it as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to trade for kawaii Japanese fabric or cabochons!  PM me if you're interested!

Visit my etsy shop!   Cute girly clothing and accessories!  bydanalynn.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Sexy Smokey Eyes Look
Learn About the Healing Power of Essential Oils
DIY Lavender Body Scrub
Foods To Eat To Lose Weight
Vitamins For Hair Growth And Skin Care Questions
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...