A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 299,175
Currently Running With Scissors:
539 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Other Crafters  (Read 1771 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lolaforpresident
« on: April 18, 2009 09:31:56 PM »

Sad that there have not been many posts in this forum. Certainly there must be some crafters out there in the cowboy state. I feel so alone.

When I go to the yarn stores (when I can afford to) everyone is just so buy-everything-you-need. Not an ounce of ingenuity. I mean, how hard is it to make stitch markers. Anyone out there feel the same?

To give a bit of a bio, I am a student at Casper College. I love to dabble in knitting, crochet, jewelry, and sometimes cooking explosions. I have been meaning to get into yarn making and weaving. LEt me know if there are any Wyomingites out there.  Grin  I don't bite.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mountaingrrl
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009 09:34:55 AM »

Hey there! Another Wyoming person here...further south, though. I was just in Casper yesterday though, being jealous you guys still have a Hancock Fabrics! We only have Hobby Lobby...not so great for apparel fabrics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stefstamps
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009 09:23:43 PM »

Hi!  I'm in Torrington.  There never seems to be a lot of WY posters on many sites... I just joined this one today.
There isn't much to offer around here for craft stores.  I usually get stuff online, or when I go stay at my aunt's in Fort Collins.  I do remember the Hancock fabrics in Casper... GREAT store, wish we had one.  My husband works in Casper M-F for now, wish we could take a little trip to visit him... lol, for the shopping. 
No, I mostly get fabric at Goodwill in Scottsbluff, 50 cents a yard and I've found AMAZING things there.  Saved a bundle!!!  I also have been repurposing bed sheets and pillowcases I get at the thrift stores in Torrington. 
I recently bought a boat load of mens and womens button down shirts that I plan on making into toddler dresses (I saw a tutorial). 
Anyway, I'm 26 (well, ok, I will be 27 in like 10 days Sad lol)  and originally from IL, my husband is a Torrington native.  We have an almost 17 month old little girl. I have been really into stamping & scrapping for about 10 years.  Last month I started sewing.  I'm really into making clothes for my toddler. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
icephoenix
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009 01:43:35 PM »

Hellloooooo from California - currently in Sunny Santa Barbara - potentially soon to be in Pinedale WY

I've never lived in cold weather before so I'm not sure how that will go.  Looking for any support/info/etc, and last but not least, Craftsters close to where I will be headed.

I have a 26mo old and a 10mo old that will be trotting along with us.  The current plan is to 'migrate' end of the year... eep?!  Huh

any help appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lolaforpresident
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009 10:04:15 AM »

Oh, thank goodness. I am glad to hear from other craftsters. I was beginning to feel so lonely. Too bad Wyoming is so big. Maybe we could do a crafts swap or something. Everyone send something special about their city. It would be nice to get to know everybody.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mountaingrrl
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009 07:13:05 PM »

A Wyoming swap would be a lot of fun! There's always that old saying that Wyoming is a small town with long streets...it would help connect us.

And Pinedale is a lovely town close to lots of mountains. Are you still planning the move?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cutie jensen
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009 05:09:08 PM »

Hi, I just found this website today trying to find instructions for a new Baby Lock sewing Machine given to me. Great site. I am from Cheyenne, WY, 27 yr. old with 2 kids, a boy 6 yr and a girl 2 yrs. I dabble in sewing, cross-stitching and lots of paper crafts like stamping and cardmaking. Not too much of a scrapper. Nice to meet you!
Kim
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lolaforpresident
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009 08:51:13 PM »

Welcome to Craftster. This site is way fun. Everyone is nice when you ask questions and the mods are not egotistical.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Strawberry Steak Salad - Valentines Day Edition
How to Make Beef Muffins
She Crab Soup Recipe
Bacon Explosion Recipe
Spiced Nuts
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...