A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
729 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Made it Myself Craftalong  (Read 6180 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chanemza
Your temper brings dishonor to my happy mushu palace.

Chick of The Sea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2009 03:07:10 PM »

I love the idea of hanging strings of beads down from each sticking-out thingy, maybe alternate the lengths and it'll look so cool with the two tiered beaded "shade".  Imagine the light it'll cast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KimD
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009 08:36:20 AM »

I personally would hang strings of beads from each hang thingy also.  Today I am making myself a poppet and no one in this house is stealing it from me like my last one.  I am not using any of the kids old clothes to dress it either or dressing in a theme that they want so that they can't claim it.

I love the coffee mill.  I have done alot of plastic canvas in the past did you do the design yourself or did you find it somewhere I have a friend that would love that for her kitchen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
schonwiedersamstag

"like a child dizzy on lemonade"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009 07:10:03 AM »

The coffee mill is really neat. I haven't seen anything like it.

Can I still join in this Craftalong? (never participated in one, so I don't really know if there are rules)
I feel like I'm perfectly qualified by this one since my bookmarks list is getting longer and longer  Roll Eyes with tutorials I found on the web that I really wanted to try. I'm always seeing those great things and want to make them but I haven't really done that much yet. I though the craftalong might keep me motivated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"O nein, schon wieder Samstag und eine lauwarme Sommernacht"
"Und die Mdchen glauben daran, dass im Rabauken verschollen
Ein Prinz nach Freiheit schreit den sie haben wollen "
ostera15
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009 01:54:30 PM »

Thanks and welcome, I'm still new to craft alongs too, but I'm pretty sure that anyone can join at anytime. I'm not doing so good on my for me projects, but I only have tow more projects for others to get done, so I should be able to get back to me soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ostera15/
Save  the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate  !!!!
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009 03:15:21 PM »

I personally would hang strings of beads from each hang thingy also.  Today I am making myself a poppet and no one in this house is stealing it from me like my last one.  I am not using any of the kids old clothes to dress it either or dressing in a theme that they want so that they can't claim it.

I love the idea of hanging strings of beads down from each sticking-out thingy, maybe alternate the lengths and it'll look so cool with the two tiered beaded "shade".  Imagine the light it'll cast!

It is looking like the beads have it. I made a screen from window screen painted same color and laid it on like a shade, and I didn't like it. So... beads (which I have never done.

EVERYONE can join a craft along, I didn't join the poppet along until around page 890 or so. LOL, I was late, but have done 5 so far, and working on a donkey poppet right now. Should be beading.

Remember, post pictures in progress if you can. I'm sure there will be some suggestions coming out of the group.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2009 04:09:22 PM »

Ok so I am lazy. Had a bad crafting day, so I read your posts and for now just hung every beaded necklace I had up there.

Not good at beading, but this looks better than the naked light. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
ostera15
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2009 05:24:22 PM »

I like the way the gold beads look the best. I would just aquire lots of gold beads/ necklaces and heng them on there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ostera15/
Save  the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate  !!!!
KimD
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2009 05:44:47 PM »

I like the gold and the pink beads the best.  Although I am in a pink stage right now and want everything pink. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2009 05:12:11 PM »

I have not forgotten, I promise!!  I am so super busy getting the new house ready to move into and the Dr keeps telling me there is something wrong with my son when there clearly is not and I am fighting with them to help my daughter who really is having some problems.

Bleh.

Anyway, haven't made a whole lot for myself and I still have some felt food boxes I need to finish...once my stash is out of boxes LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schonwiedersamstag

"like a child dizzy on lemonade"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2009 05:44:17 AM »

Thanks for all the nice welcomes.  Smiley

I started my list with this tutorial http://elily00.wordpress.com/tutorials/wallet/. I was looking at it for a long time now and so I finally made a wallet for myself. Well, I'm not completely satisfied since it doesn't look a lot like the one in the tut but I still pretty happy with it (I'm still in my learning to sew phase).

The second picture shows the colors a lot better. I'm sorry I did not take pictures during the process.

lovesclutter, I like the bead idea a lot. I think you should use beads in two different colors (maybe pink and gold like KimD said). It looks a little bit oriental, which I think is great.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"O nein, schon wieder Samstag und eine lauwarme Sommernacht"
"Und die Mdchen glauben daran, dass im Rabauken verschollen
Ein Prinz nach Freiheit schreit den sie haben wollen "
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Different Shapes of Pottery Products
How to Make a Goblet
Simple Sewing Basics
Valuing a Sports Card Collection
How to Make Duct Tape Folders
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...