A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,568
Currently Running With Scissors:
575 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Outlander Swap Rd. 2 Gallery  (Read 4325 times)
Tags for this thread: outlander  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2009 06:12:19 AM »

I checked the gallery and realized I posted in the thread...
I want my brain back...

So - I finally got around to uploading the pictures...

Bad picture of me - good picture of the Scots pearls! Grin

Fraser Plaid handspun! Grin

Fraser Whiskey bottle  Grin

Homemade bannocks -  Grin

................... ... which turned into Claire's experiment  Embarrassed

My husband told me not to say anything about the bannocks - but the experiment thing was too good to pass up... Sorry if I offended

Everything is so WONDERFUL!!!
I haven't tried any whiskey in the bottle yet...

Thank you so much for everything - I love it - I'm thinking a headband from the Fraser plaid handspun... but I'm still thinking~!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2009 06:35:33 AM »

That whisky bottle and that yarn are awesome!

I love the packaging too. Sooo cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2009 08:30:13 AM »

yup. wisting everything except Claire's experiment! LOL   That whisky bottle is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calliel

Oh fudgemuffins.

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2009 08:58:04 AM »

Oh noooooo! I can't believe it! I baked those things RIGHT before I wrapped them and put them in the box, and they're supposed to last forever! Sad I'm really sorry about that, how gross...

FINALLY I managed to find my camera and swap items in the midst of unpacking, so there will be pictures of selkie's awesome package TODAY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not doing personal swaps right now, but if you're interested, go ahead and PM me anyway--maybe we can work it out for later. Smiley

Check out my mineral makeup on Etsy!

Blog: http://omgkate.blogspot.com/
Wist: http://www.wists.com/Calliel
Etsy: http://luire.etsy.com
selkie

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2009 10:58:38 AM »

Oh noooooo! I can't believe it! I baked those things RIGHT before I wrapped them and put them in the box, and they're supposed to last forever! Sad I'm really sorry about that, how gross...

It's okay - it was one of those inadvertent comical things since the food/mold experiments were in the book! Did I include them in your book or is that one I put aside for the future? I can't remember...

Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
Calliel

Oh fudgemuffins.

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2009 10:27:29 PM »

Okay! I finally got pictures of Selkie's gorgeous package, WHEW! Sorry it took so long--moving is a pain in the, er, posterior...

First, a Box Of Goodies! The box itself is really gorgeous, too. We have here silver bangles (one says "Believe" and the other has little lines on it), Claire and Jamie's knitted stockings--very cute, Book of Kells temporary tattoos (I can't bring myself to use them!), a Taurus embroidered patch (for Jamie), and her sweet card.

And the inside of the box...lucky me, it's full of GEMS!

And then...the gigantic Book. It's a notebook, filled with all different kinds of paper and lots of memorabilia from the books. I took pictures of 8 of the pages, but there are tons more!

Isn't it awesome?? Thanks so much, Selkie, and thanks to everyone else for being so patient while I got these photos together! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not doing personal swaps right now, but if you're interested, go ahead and PM me anyway--maybe we can work it out for later. Smiley

Check out my mineral makeup on Etsy!

Blog: http://omgkate.blogspot.com/
Wist: http://www.wists.com/Calliel
Etsy: http://luire.etsy.com
selkie

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2009 05:50:17 AM »

I'm so relieved that you like everything. I used the collages from the first swap, but added new things as appropriate. For the other collages, I had to stop myself... I made the collages and then did color photocopies, I figure this can be an add as you go project! I found a paperback copy of Drums, so I can work on that for the next round! I can't tell you how many trips I made to Staples to get this one done. The last straw was when they assembled the whole thing in the wrong order with some one of the envelopes backwards. That was when I realized the wisdom of working with color photocopies. I'm not usually one to complain, but I took it back and it turned out that there were at least 10 errors. I'm really glad they fixed it with no problem because it's my favorite staples!

The stockings - I'm such a perfectionist with knitting that the thought of intentionally dropping stitches etc made me crazy - so I used 4 different size needles to make it as close to 'beginner' knitting as I could (I've been knitting for 12+ years, including 3 years of grad school in every class.).

The penis syringe for the back cover (A Breath of Snow & Ashes) was in a Smithsonian at Mom's house - I was jumping up and down when I found it... She's only read the first book and the prison scene really turned her off to the series, but she understands the book thing and my art thing!

I understand about the temporary tattoos - I can never bring myself to use them either!

Here's to the next installation - I'm thinking the end of summer when we're all itching to get our hands on the new book! I don't suppose B&N would do a midnight party ala Harry Potter? I already told DH to take the day off from work as I'll be reading!

Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Agnes Whistling Elk
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Mini Pumpkin Tarts
The Classic Sugar Cookie Recipe
Chocolate Cream Puff Trifle Recipe
Apricot-Pistachio Biscotti Recipe
Brandy Apple Pie Filling Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...