A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,795
Currently Running With Scissors:
765 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Bangles- Addictive!  (Read 851 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

starrygurlrox
« on: April 16, 2009 07:36:31 PM »

These are pretty intuitive and fun to make. All you need is some fabric or fabric ribbon and a suitable base (like those you get when you finish a roll of tape) to wrap. Make sure to glue or sew the fabric to the base well. You can achieve different results by varying the type of fabric and the width of the base, or even sewing beads or buttons. The possibilities are endless. I'd like to see what Craftsters can come up with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kirstilynne
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009 08:17:15 PM »

I agree they are addictive. I've made a lot of these in the past. They are really beautiful, however I don't find them much of a seller at craft shows and things. It's strange. I'd love to know how you did the lacey ones. Those are really fantastic! I usually just wrap the ribbon around a wooden bangle base that my dad makes or use recycled plastic bangles. I really like some of the techniques that you used. the checkered one there is that two ribbons woven together? Brilliant idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swapping! PM me!!!!

Feel like some shopping?
www.kirstilynne.ets y.com
catdaddytn
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009 04:59:40 AM »

nice ... I saw the wooden bangles in the store, but would like a more economical base.  I don't come across the empty tape roles often.  thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catdaddytn
cherry_blossom55
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009 07:22:26 AM »

catdaddytn- what about a large tube from wrapping paper? think if you cut it into sections how many bangles you could get out of one of those!!!

I love these, but unfortunately find wearing things on my wrists highly uncomfortable (no bracelets, watches, or even wrist-length sleeves). But i know a lot of people who are madly in love with bangles- i can't imagine why they wouldn't sell at a craft show! they're so expensive in the stores!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vanilla_echo

I just snogged Madame de Pompadour...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009 05:58:28 PM »

These are gorgeous - I must say, I can't believe they don't sell either.
I love bangles, however having very small wrists means that chunky ones look a little odd on me.
Its very hard to find any at all, unless I buy very thin metal ones, and stack heaps of them...
Sounds lovely when I move, but they break too easily, and I can't personalise, or have as much colour as I would if I could make fabric bangles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xx_Kellybean
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009 06:43:10 PM »

i think that fabric bangles don't sell that well because they seem fragile. I've made ribbon bangles before, too...and although they are absolutley beautiful, they're more fragile than other kinds of bangles, like resin or just painted and sealed wood.

They are absolutely beautiful though. I'm addicted to making them as well Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Braised Brisket of Beef
How to Make Batter Dipped Snickers Bar
How to Make Sesame Chicken Tidbits
How to Make Onion Rings
Sub Sandwich Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...