A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: mini totes for spring...  (Read 10103 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tinapickles
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2005 07:37:57 AM »

I love love LOVE the first and second one!  If you do indeed decide to sell them, I would buy either one (i'm serious, PM me if you do decide to sell). 

As for price...i'd say $25-30.  If i were you, I'd do some quick math adding together how much you spent on supplies with labor costs (i.e. cutting, sewing, amount of time spent making each bag).

great design!  And seriously, PM me if you decide to sell them!

tinapickles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it weren't for STRESS, I'd have no energy at all....
neverendingjourney
I have gone to find myself, if I get back before I return please tell me to wait. Thank you!

If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2005 08:24:27 AM »

Great job!! Some one likes orange!! Shocked
Yes worth selling.
the other day i was in a craft shop down the road, and in someones little cubby they had home-made purses, and yours are far better than those!
Darla
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day & may their arms be too short to scratch
magnolia

Bob the Angry Sixtopus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2005 08:26:12 AM »

You know, I USUALLY hate bags that have some sort of ribbon on them, my pet peeve, I guess. But these ones are just too adorable, and the little ribbons work well with the fabric and design. So kudos to you Smiley Smiley ):  Sell them away, girl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anna D.
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2005 02:05:31 PM »

They are so great! I especially love the pale blue with the polka dots and the pink and white daisy bag.  I have a nursing pillow in the same pink and white daisy fabric....some people might buy the bags to use as diaper bags since most are nowhere near that cute!

I can see people paying $20-25 easily, but you could probably get more than that at the right market.  "Crafty" people will never pay as much since we can make it ourselves Wink . Get these bags in front of a non-crafter and you could get as much as $40 or more a bag.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005 02:24:01 PM by Anna D. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

katiebug
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2005 02:43:45 PM »

I could see you definately getting between $20 to $25 for one of those.  Keep it up, I'd love to see more designs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hide not your talents, they for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?" -Ben Franklin

http://lemonsicle.blogspot.com/
muchachaK
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2005 12:10:11 AM »

I agree, it depends on who you're selling them to pricewise, BUT I would pay $30 for one (they're beautiful BTW, and I love it that they look like they belong together, it's like you have a Spring Collection Wink  ).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You need a handbag...  www.muchachak.com
Pink Hula

Shala for a week

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2005 12:18:31 AM »

i like the polka dotty spotty bag and the happy daisy bag!  I think if you sold it for $20 then they would bargain buys. i would keep the price to $30 or less because, you dont want to scare people off by the price

Susan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shala shala shala
Sarahlotfi

Colors: deliciousness for the eyes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2005 03:34:12 AM »

Your bags are SO beautiful!! I love them and they are making me feel Spring Fever even more than before!!!

I would prob pay around $30 if I saw those at a fair, or in a store. Good Luck selling them!!! and Keep up the beautiful work!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People who don't work with their hands are parasites.  --Jenny Holzer
chaybay

...educational...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2005 03:52:48 AM »

Wow those are sooo soo cute! I really like the last one. The bow just add... something to the bag, and the interior is soo cute!  I love it! Wish I had paypal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-c.h.a.n.t.e.l.l.e-
rubinski
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2005 07:38:16 PM »

Thanks so much for all the comments!  Cheesy This is really encouraging...I was planning to open an online shop, then decided against it, but now I think I wil againl. So, look for sixteenstitches.com, coming soon! =D

I guess I could post a tute, but they're really very simple to make...just involve a lot of steps. =P I'll probably post something in the next few days though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Mr. Bean from the Animated Series
Merging HDR Photos in a New Way
Roundtrip Editing with Adobe Photoshop
How to Sora of Kingdom Hearts
How to Create Photo Books with Lightroom 4
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...