A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
693 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: More completed projects - lots of pics  (Read 932 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beeshebags
« on: April 13, 2009 04:21:54 PM »

Hey again,

As I admitted in my post about the Bootie Bag, which you can see here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=300945.msg3435319#msg3435319 I haven't been posting many pics of completed items lately, so here's a few other projects I've completed...most have been done from tutorials I've found on the net, or purchased patterns...if there's any you're interested in trying out, please ask and I'll try and tell you where the pattern can be found.

First up we have some coin purses...the original pattern was for faux lined or not lined curved top purses, but as I've recently been playing around with quilting fabric for bags, thought I'd try it out on these cute coin purses (wish Australia sold as many varieties as the USA in pre-quilted fabric, sob sob), I've also made a smaller one, and they are in high demand, but haven't taken a pic of that yet...am waiting on my friends pass me down camera.

Next up we have what I consider to be my "Gay Pride" boxy bag....I love how unique this one looks....don't think I've personally seen any of these out there anywhere, till now!

Some of the girls at the adult campus I attend (where I do a sewing course) were all making these "Chenille Bags" and one of the ladies, thanks Cathy, told me what to do to make one....and I just went home and 'did it'.  I had the sun & moon fabric cut out ready to make a different bag, but when Cathy said how to make the Chenille bags, it just begged to be made up into one...gonna try making some other colour ones soon.

That's the outside of the bag, and the next pic is of the lining, showing the pockets...it also has a longish key fob that I put in (which is the bit you see poking over towards the right from my hand in the pic), so I didn't have to rummage around the bottom of my bag looking for keys...this way, I just grab the cord, and pull on it, and tah dah, the keys are at the end of it!

Now, anyone for tea?Huh  I saw a tutorial for tea wallets and thought they were great, then, as usual, I started thinking how I could make the pattern in a different way...so mine aren't quite the same as the originals....and instead of a loop and button, I put press studs on mine...wish I could find the nice white plastic ones, but can't locate them anywhere.  The 5 Sunflower ones at the front, were a custom order for my sewing teacher at school...she supplied the fabric for hers...and then still paid me to make them!  I've just made some with the matching business card holders, and am thinking about making complete sets, with coin purses, cell phone holders and glasses cases as well as 'womens things' holders as accessory sets.

All c&c greatly appreciated and welcomed
Hugs
Naomi
from Adelaide, Sth Australia
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009 04:22:48 PM by beeshebags » THIS ROCKS   Logged
danirene
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009 05:51:23 PM »

I love tea wallets! The "accessory set" with all the different little bags sounds like an AWESOME idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beeshebags
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009 07:09:29 PM »

I've also made the tea wallets up as coffee wallets, with coffee bags in them too...they're great for those who don't like tea.

Hugs
Naomi
from Adelaide, Sth Australia
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Cotton Suit
The Nautical Stripe
Kai Lenny Style Challenge: Kitesurf in a Suit
Kai Lenny Style Challenge: Windsurf in a Suit
Kai Lenny Style Challenge: Stand Up Paddleboarding
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...