A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,034
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Unfinished scarf style, must have etc! Need motivation  (Read 1429 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

graciepetunia
« on: March 28, 2005 11:13:31 AM »

I cant seem to get motivated to pick up my needles. I guess I got burned out. I teach some at my lys, and I havent even been there in a week. Here are some of the many things I have started Must have Cardigan' and a few from Scarf Style.   I also have 150.00   worth of Noro ready for the Butterfly Sweater!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010 09:50:09 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn Ho,will work for yarn!
Atouria

Craftster in progress...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005 04:03:09 PM »

Those are all looking great!  The enterlac thing is fab-o.

I want to make the butterfly sweater as well!  I'll probably start on it in the fall.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graciepetunia
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005 04:25:03 PM »

Thanks, maybe we can start at the same time, and keep eachother motivated. I found the noro online from Canada, and it was way cheep, like $5 something a skein, I also have the book
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn Ho,will work for yarn!
staralee
l'etoile

mmmm...koolaid yarn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005 08:02:07 PM »

What is this butterfly sweater you speak of? it sounds lovely! and your scarf-starts are great--Keep it up! (on the other hand, taking some time off might get your fingers itching to pick it back up, just make sure to leave any guilt out of it...you knit because you like to, not because you should finish something, right? that's what I have to remind myself sometimes when i get overwhelmed with all i want to do.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Atouria

Craftster in progress...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005 08:22:02 PM »

The butterfly is beautimus.  It's in the Noro Knits magazine/pattern book.

AlmostAmish is gonna finish up some UFO's so she can get started on this baby by fall ~ right about when I'm ready to work on it.... right??  Smiley

And you are too, staralee!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

puppymomma

matches? we don't need no stinkin' matches

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005 09:37:44 PM »

Oooh that sweater is purty!  But AlmostAmish what yarn are you using for your swirly?  (Thats what I prefer to call the ripple scarf from Scarf Style, I think it fits better.)  I like it!  If it helps any, I have 3 swirlies going at the same time.  None of them are close to being finished.  Oh well. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every day may not be a good day to die, but every day is a good day to eat pancakes.

http://funkyjewtopia.com
moderatelyso

Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005 10:55:19 PM »

Watch out on that Butterfly sweater!  A friend of mine and I both made it, and we both needed an extra ball of yarn (she made the xs, I made the l).  Also, there are a couple errors in the collar section.  The large tells you to pick up 2 too-many stitches, and for all sizes, it leaves out instructions for the garter border, and tells you to purl the first row, which actually puts the wrong side on the outside.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I dare say you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.  "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day.  Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
shrtcke
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005 06:11:41 PM »

almostamish your scarves are looking great. i'm working on the zigzag stripes scarf and i too have lost motivation but i think its because of the yarns i'm using i'm broke so i was using just some cheap red heart yarns i had around. i'm really liking the last scarf is that the ruffles scarf u really made it look good with the yarn u choose. what yarn are u using.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

staralee
l'etoile

mmmm...koolaid yarn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005 03:54:14 PM »

ooo, that butterfly sweater IS lovely! I'd love to knit it, but I can't afford anything Noro  right now (not even that book!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Household Items to Keep in Your Camera Bag
How to Hack Your On-Board Flash
High Speed Photography
Group Portrait Photography Tips
Preventing or Removing Red Eye
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...