A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A crafty detective gallery of sneakiness!!  (Read 40320 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #530 on: May 28, 2009 06:19:17 AM »

What is Candy Land???

Candy Land is a game that is pretty much a requirement of American childhood.  I'm assuming you're in another country?  It's so funny how we just think that the things we are so very accustomed to are known to everyone everywhere.  (If you are American, then I can only guess that you had those kind of amazing parents that went their own way and didn't buy you commercialized games and toys).

It's a wonderful little game intended for pre-readers.  It uses colored squares and cards to advance around the board.  The areas you have to travel through have wonderful candy-themed names (which are each and every one escaping me at the moment). 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

texmexie
« Reply #531 on: May 28, 2009 06:44:32 AM »

Hey all! i just wanted everyone to know that my package was actually from...

FEELIX!!!!

MY CRAFTSTER ANGEL!!!

there were much more goodies in the package though...the box was packed FULL...i have to get busy taking pictures so that i can show them all off!!!

granny update.....she must be feeling better cause my sister said she is fighting with all the nurses.  i'm gonna go see her in a few mins and hope that i can bring her home soon.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"So we are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If grace is an ocean we're all sinking"
                     *Jesus Culture*
gamemom42

« Reply #532 on: May 28, 2009 06:48:29 AM »

FEELIX!!!!

MY CRAFTSTER ANGEL!!!

there were much more goodies in the package though...the box was packed FULL...i have to get busy taking pictures so that i can show them all off!!!

granny update.....she must be feeling better cause my sister said she is fighting with all the nurses.  i'm gonna go see her in a few mins and hope that i can bring her home soon.

When those grannies start giving a lot of trouble, they're usually on the mend.  lol.  Once the nurses met my mom at the hospital entrance and said, "Get up there and take that evil thing home with you! "  My granny was as gentle and loving as they come, but when she felt well enough to go back home, she let them all know it .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NotKnit

My best works.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #533 on: May 28, 2009 07:09:54 AM »

FEELIX!!!!

MY CRAFTSTER ANGEL!!!

When those grannies start giving a lot of trouble, they're usually on the mend.  lol.  Once the nurses met my mom at the hospital entrance and said, "Get up there and take that evil thing home with you! "  My granny was as gentle and loving as they come, but when she felt well enough to go back home, she let them all know it .

Hee, Hee, my grandpa's the same way, sweet man but just not the best patient when it comes to staying still and listening to nurses/doctors.

Great packages everyone, super awesome stuff and tons of originality!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #534 on: May 28, 2009 07:19:50 AM »

That's a sweet package.  I love the matching jewelry box and purse set!  Smiley  Lovely.

My mom was always feisty with her nurses and aides, but they loved her for it.  Cheesy  She made a lot of friends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

« Reply #535 on: May 28, 2009 08:07:06 AM »

When my dad was in the hospital, he had a stroke, he kept telling everyone that was crabby "don't have a stroke" and other bizarreness, he made all the nurses laugh, they loved coming in his room. My great grandma on the other hand, she was in the hospital and passed away about 2 weeks ago was not so easy to handle, she kept saying the doctors were beating her and was mean to all the nurses.

Everyones packages are amazing, there is some serious awesomeness in this gallery
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009 08:07:58 AM by tattooedcrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #536 on: May 28, 2009 08:37:41 AM »

That's a shame about your great grandma, tattooedcrafter.  My condolences.  

Many of you have probably read that my mom died in February.  Well, while she was there in a coma with all of us at her bedside, the woman sharing the room was making a huge ruckus.  She was probably well into her 70s, if not into her 80s, and she clearly had Alzheimer's or some sort of dementia.  She had accidentally soiled herself and was constantly apologizing to the nurses, despite their repeated assurances.  I can imagine that it's quite hard to accept the reality that you're losing control over yourself, but it was incredibly frustrating trying to deal with my mom suddenly dying in a room where another person was yelling and crying very loudly.  

We were on the side of the room with the window, and every time we'd walk past her into the hallway, she'd think we were hospital workers and ask us for help.  Most of the time I'd tell her I didn't work there but that I'd find someone for her, and then she'd get angry with me for not helping her.  It got to the point where my dad went over and told her that there was someone dying on the other side of the curtain, and then she kept weeping about that, even though she didn't know us.  

It's hard to be annoyed at someone who doesn't know any better because I truly believe she had a mental incapacity, but MAN was that frustrating.

Her kids came to see her and she guilted them about going back to the airport (they'd come from Minneapolis and had a flight to catch) and told them that no one loved her, etc.  All I could think was "AT LEAST YOU ARE ALIVE, SHUT UP."  I was very nice to her whenever she asked me for help, though.  So I don't feel -too- bad.  Aaaaaaaaand now that everyone thinks I'm a monster, I'll change the subject.  Smiley

Speaking of Candy Land, I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to play it.  We have Chutes and Ladders, too.  But it's Candy Land all the way, baby.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009 09:02:13 AM by Jenicat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

« Reply #537 on: May 28, 2009 10:49:45 AM »

I'm pretty sure I can speak for all us and say that no one thinks you're a monster.  Anyway; it's okay to be a monster on the inside as long as you're a kitten on the outside and it sounds like you handled that perfectly.

About the games, I just never enjoyed Chutes and Ladders, so my kids didn't even own it.  They also didn't know about Oreos until very late because I hate them.  My daughter called me from college a few years ago and was raving about them.  She said she had never tried them because of the way I cringe when I see one (that white filling grosses me out in the worse possible way) but she finally tried one and she is completely addicted now.  I never thought about the fact that I was denying my children one of America's favorite sweet treats.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

« Reply #538 on: May 28, 2009 12:38:48 PM »

Losing anyone is hard but my great grandma was 91 and we had been expecting it for about 2 weeks so we were for the most part prepared. I leave in 2 weeks for the funeral. I feel lucky to have known my great grandma and my son got to meet his great great grandma. I'm sorry about your mom Jenicat, I know when my dad had his stroke in February it was the scariest thing that ever happened to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
classy broad

the clumsy crafter. [formerly sprklgrl81]

« Reply #539 on: May 28, 2009 12:58:17 PM »

between 2004-2007, i was a live-in caretaker for my great grampa. really sort of a glorified buddy.  Grin
he was a very spirited guy, and he was in his nineties!
over the course of my time with him, he had a few hospital stay/visits, and he was on first name basis with most of the nurses. i worked at the starbucks near the hospital, and nurses who came by would always ask about him. Smiley

*xo...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Perfectly Pretty Lace Pancakes Recipe
How to Make Baked Bull’s-Eye Eggs
Nine-Year-Old Chef Whips Up The Perfect Omelet
Turkey Apple and Cheddar Grilled Cheese Recipe
Mother’s Day Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...