A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,869
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A crafty detective gallery of sneakiness!!  (Read 44230 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crosswind
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2009 09:32:34 PM »

Lots of crafts can be more difficult with monovision.  I lost the vision in my left eye about five years ago very suddenly and it took a lot of adjstment.  Threading a needle is not an easy task with depth perception problems let me tell you.  At the same time I developed a pupillary defect and my left eye doesn't dilate properly relative to the amount of light present, which means that having enough light for my good eye for crafting (particulary close work) is too much light for my left one (I can sense light from that eye) and I can't stay at close work for long periods because it causes headaches.  Luckily my right I is 20/15.  I really should try crafting wearing a patch - hey my partner could make me an awesome crafting patch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
titaniumhip
Titaniumhip Sews

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2009 06:44:23 AM »

I am very lucky to have so many artistic men in my life.

My grandfather was a painter, My father is a metalsmith, but started off after art school as a weaver.  Infact around Christmas he came up to help me finish a whole bunch of toys that I was making to sell at craft shows!  My fiance is a fellow animator so is a fabulous artist....when he too isn't playing video games.  I have yet to get him to craft, but I bet he would.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2009 07:39:43 AM »

My husband helps me occasionally. He gives me his opinion on how things look. If I get too frustrated that I can't stand to look at it anymore he goes over and work on it to help me get past the frustrating part. Of course this is only on certain projects. He doesn't know how to sew so I don't get his help there, but if he can he will.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2009 07:46:36 AM »

My Hubby says he doesn't craft, but he makes his own fishing lures, which I think totally counts. It's almost akin to making jewelry. In fact, I was contemplating stealing some of his spinners to make jewelry with, some of them are so pretty! Wink Also, when he hears me swearing at the sewing machine (particularly when seam binding is involved!), he comes over and helps. It usually makes me more frustrated, b/c he can sew a straighter seam than I can!  Roll Eyes **mumbles under breath: "doesn't craft! ha!**
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dreambelle
Beta Sigma Phi

« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2009 07:52:23 AM »

I really should try crafting wearing a patch - hey my partner could make me an awesome crafting patch!

If we're ever partners in any future swaps I'm going to make you a patch collection!! These are my thoughts so far:

I would start out like I was making a set of pasties but with a soft silky fabric that would be touching your skin
"Quilted" patch
sequins patch (lots of them in different colors)
ribbon patch
glitter patch (would have to "seal" the glitter so it didn't come off all over your face)
button patch (covered in buttons for one, one big black button for a Coraline patch)
"Origami" patch (lots of them, a swan, a tshirt, anything else I learn to do glued onto the patch) This would be 3D
Resin patches (would have to make a curved mold, then the decorating possibilities are endless) I'm picturing you wearing a candy sprinkles patch

Of course, if the "base" is made of a pastie then I would definitely have to make 1 boobie tassel patch!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkmichk

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2009 08:19:38 AM »

i dont have a partner to craft with but i do have a 4 yr old who is already a budding crafter in the making she adores painting and drawing loves playing with my button collection likes stringing beads so much so i had to ger her some plastic pony beads just so she wouldnt take all of mine Cheesy and not long ago when i was sewing she asked to sew with me needless to say i nearly exploded from the cuteness of her sitting next to me sewing i'm keeping her first attempt cos its lovely
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Am always up for personal swaps -send me a message

pinterest - http://pinterest.com/shellfullerton/
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2009 08:41:12 AM »

My 2.5 year old likes to sit by me and "help" guide the material through the sewing machine. She puts her hand on the material next to mine. It is so cute. She always wants to help in whatever I am doing. Even the laundry.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
battenberg
Dancing queen

The owls are not what they seem.

« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2009 08:52:41 AM »

I would love to have a little crafty person Smiley I swear working in a shop makes me broody... Lol.

I am behind in how much I have done but my dissertation will be heading to the binding place on Tuesday and I will be uber crafting because if anyone thinks Im doing all my portfolio work right after all this then they might get hit in the face!

Hectic times!

I cant wait to A) not sit in front of my laptop in my living room writing about prostitutes and serial killers and B) craft for a whole day without guilt!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The cure for boredom is curiosity.  There is no cure for curiosity- Dorothy Parker.
millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2009 08:58:36 AM »

Booby tassel eye patch == brilliance
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KCMonkey
Silly Monkey

Except that one. . .and Mickey Dolenz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2009 11:44:20 AM »

I got another package!
AND IT'S PIES!!!  Oh how I love some yummy yummy pies.

Little mini pies!  I told my husband that I would have shared with him, but each pie is different and I needed to try them all.  Just to be polite to my generous stalker.   Grin

Another note.  AND THERE WERE PAYDAYS IN MY LAST PACKAGE!  I wonder if I could go make a claim at the post office.  Smiley

This is an awesome package and I have one helluva stalker!  I am getting so spoiled....and fat......but mostly just spoiled.   Wink

Thanks mysterious stranger.  I am trying the peach pie right now and Yumm Yummmmmm.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently:
Missing my awesome evil minions and wishing they were here
Going Christmas craft crazy
In love with the miracle of modern medicine
Needing to brush my shedding dogs

My Gigantic Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making Kimchi with David Chang
Green Papaya Soup with Lobster and Turmeric
Seared Fish with Maple Tamarind Glaze
Cutting Fish For Sashimi
How to Make Daal
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...