A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,132
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Trying the slide lamp shade...help the newb?  (Read 631 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Myyrh
« on: April 09, 2009 08:28:21 PM »

I'm trying the slide lamp shade, and this tutorial (http://www.onedigitallife.com/2004/07/22/linked-slides-create-a-colorful-indoor-escape/) says I need 48-60 1.5" x 1.5" squares of heavy parchment white lumen paper for the backs of the slides.

Where can I get this? Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My whipped ice dairy drink brings the attention of many males to my place of residence and/ or employment, and they declare that its quality far surpasses that of yours. Absolutely, it far surpasses yours. I could convey to you the recipe, but i would have to demand compensation.
SkyyAngel
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009 10:11:08 AM »

The instructions say it's not entirely necessary. I dunno what lumen paper is but you can get heavy white parchment paper at the grocery store in the baking aisle usually... or near the aluminum foil. It's fairly cheap too so I would attempt it with that as a "substitute" of sorts I guess. I can't find references to "lumen paper" anywhere on google except for the tute link.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Myyrh
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009 06:18:54 AM »

Yay, I'm not crazy! I couldn't figure out what the heck kind of paper they were talking about. Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My whipped ice dairy drink brings the attention of many males to my place of residence and/ or employment, and they declare that its quality far surpasses that of yours. Absolutely, it far surpasses yours. I could convey to you the recipe, but i would have to demand compensation.
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009 08:33:38 PM »

I love vellum, and that could be cut to make the slide holders. It is translucent.  Any thin bendable translucent plastic would work. That is a lovely light. Use low wattage if your holders are paper based. While I think of it. Heavy fabric stableizer on  some sheer material might work well too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making Futurist Films
Is Shakespeare Still Relevant?
Behind The Scenes At Ringling Bros. Circus
Marina Abramović and Judith Thurman
How Breaking In To Artist Studios Inspires The Artists
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...