A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,058
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Past Featured Projects and Interviews  (Read 54538 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: May 29, 2012 11:11:16 AM »

Such an awesome craftster and I'm proud to have that heart on my wall!!! Beautiful work as always  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

as123
« Reply #201 on: June 08, 2012 03:03:27 PM »

This piece is incredible Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
as123
« Reply #202 on: June 08, 2012 04:25:41 PM »

Awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarinha
« Reply #203 on: July 06, 2012 05:27:23 AM »

this is so gorgeous. will try and cross stitch a similar one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ker_pow
« Reply #204 on: July 18, 2012 02:07:39 PM »

This is so amazing!  It inspires me to start needlework, though I know it will take a while to get this great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soon...
XenLoLo
« Reply #205 on: July 22, 2012 12:49:40 PM »

Blown away. The most amazing thing I've ever seen in a hoop!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #206 on: March 01, 2013 08:48:28 AM »

Wow! It has been such a long time since I have been able to put up a featured project. What better way to start off the season than on an upbeat with Grumpy Cat!

I just love papilionette's stitching! Let's find out more about the fantastic creator behind this amazing piece of work.

Tell us a little bit about yourself

I'm a chaotic procrastinator, who loves to try all kinds of crafts and if I can, all at the same time.

Tell us a little bit about the piece

My little sister loves the grumpycat meme. She can even do the same grumpyface. So I knew when her birthday was coming up that I had to do something with Grumpy cat. In combination with a lucky find in a thriftshop (a bunch of hoops) and a needlefelting starterkit I was trying out, it just clicked and I looked up a picture of Grumpy, made a raw sketch on some white cotton and needlefelted away. I painted in the brown and added stitches for more texture and detailing.

What/Who inspires you

So many things inspire me. I can be inspired just by looking at Pinterest, Tumblr or Craftster, sometimes it's because I'm making it for someone special and I like to put a lot of thought in it. And other times it can be just the material. A beautiful piece of fabric or a totally new medium.

What kind advice do you have for newbies

Without sounding to corny, but just do it. Take the ideas in your head and try to make them alive. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but you always learn something for the next time!

What are you working on next?

I'm actually working on several things at the same time right now. I also have two brothers whose birthday are coming up in the next 4 months and one of them is totally Skyrim addicted, so I'm embroidering patches with quotes or easily recognisable Skyrimstuff and I'm hoping to make a quilt out of it or a pillow, depends on how much I procrastinate. I'm also working on a swap here on Craftster and I'm trying to start on my christmas presents for this year!

Bonus question..
Do you think grumpy cat is really grumpy or just misunderstood?

I think she's grumpy, but misunderstood  Tongue In making this piece I actually looked up more of grumpycat and learned she's according to her owner a very sweet cat, but at the same time her owner also posts the grumpy meme, so maybe her owner is just confused, making it confusing for us and we totally misunderstand everything, making her grumpy.. or something like that Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

KayeElle
« Reply #207 on: March 03, 2013 12:46:09 PM »

Grumpycat is definitely grumpy but also misunderstood, and I think that's really captured in his eyes in this piece.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #208 on: April 20, 2013 06:55:18 AM »

This quarter's featured needlework is Fionna and Cake from slientblair. Can I just say, "WOW!" The stitching is this piece is AMAZING! The icing on the cake is that slientblair is AWE-SOME! So stinking nice, I can't stand it! Check it out!

Tell me a little about yourself:
I am a manic crafter. I tend to have several projects going at once to work on depending on mood, location, or child proximity. Therapeutic crafting makes lots of sense to me. I love to try my hand at any and all crafting, but lately my heart is in embroidery.

Tell us a little about the piece:
This is Fionna and Cake from the Cartoon Network Show Adventure Time.
The purpose for stitching this up was for the Invite Your Partner Swap, R22 on Craftster.org for my partner QueenofMarigold.
I also love to take any opportunity to do studies in texture

What/Who inspires you:
Im greatly inspired by nerd/pop culture and things that make me laugh. I love mixing up texture in my stitching for fill-ins and the contrast of textures inspires me for how and where I might do a certain fill.
In real life, my Monday Night Knit Nite peeps. They rule and are priceless for bouncing ideas and advice! (ex: Heather Dreisbach, her color choices and intricate stitching push me to try and impress her. http://pinterest.com/delirium_child/things-i-make/)
Online inspire-ateers are so many on both craftster and pinterest I could fill this whole page up! SO many talented people: Averia, KittyKill  Wink LimeRiot, Helena Puck, Homerof2to name a few.

What advice would you give to newbies:
I would say, to not fear a certain fabric or stitch. The fantastic thing about the stitchy-craft is you can rip it out if its not working. Experiment with transfer techniques. My favorite way is to tape the image printed out on my window and then tape the fabric over that. I then trace onto the fabric with a water soluble marker

What are you working on next:
I am just about finishing up a hoopla of  Vanellope Von Schweetz Youre My Hero Cookie Medal, from the movie Wreck it Ralph.
Its got some felt aspects ala LimeRiot and buttons and thread! Oh, and it's big...I'm using a 12 inch hoop. I usually tend to stick around the 6-8 inchers.

One of the best days of my life is
This just comes to mind, but Im sure there are more meaningful ones
The fateful day was way back in the year 2000. I went to a Zena, the Warrior Princess convention in Phoenix and the speaker wasBruce Campbell!
I got the guts up to get in line to have him sign a meek little scrap of paper, and he was awesomely, good naturedly snarky to me in such a way I carry it to this day. We had a little back and forth about The Blair Witch Project, and me not getting as much crap as I shouldve because I share a name with the movie. At least in my opinion, we got to have a moment.
The memory will live with me forever!   Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

« Reply #209 on: April 20, 2013 01:38:50 PM »

Awesome work! Congrats on the well-deserved feature! You pretty much rock!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cut Down Your Morning Routine With the Best Dry Shampoos
How To Blow Dry Your Bangs Like A Pro
Easy Braided Updo Tutorial: Summer Wedding Style
Must Try Shampoos For Your Hair Type
Summer-Ize Your Hair Routine with Mix-and-Match Products
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...