A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 306,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
370 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 1940s / 1950s Swap - send by 6/3  (Read 9482 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

justaddcats
« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2009 06:33:27 AM »

I'm either almost done or actually done! I've been debating a final detail for a day and a half, but I'm going to try to send tomorrow either way.  Because obsessing over crafts for too long is bad, right? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kalan71
« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2009 06:39:39 AM »

everything's ready, i will send it on tuesday cause here in France monday is holiday this week, so elfke watch your postman !
can't wait for you to receive it and have your feedback!!!!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009 06:42:09 AM by kalan71 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #122 on: May 31, 2009 11:30:57 AM »

Yes my husband has kind of looked at me like "what is that" on a couple things I've gotten, but I always appreciate the effort & thought that goes into it.  I'm guilty of sometimes using swaps to try new techniques, but I always try to send something where I knew what I was doing too.  Wink

What if they think your crafting abilities are sub-par..... I am sure I am just worrying for nothing (that is what I do) but I thought I would put it out there!
Thanks

Y'know, sometimes I've received things that were not done quite the way I would have done it, but it's ok. Even if an item is not quite what I expected, I still enjoy the thought of someone else taking their time and energy to craft something for me. A lot of people use swaps to try out new techniques or crafts and it's fun being a part of that whole learning experience. I doubt there are many people who receive something and huck it against the wall in disgust. Like someone else said, the surprise of the swap is fun and that's what we all signed up for! All that to say, I'm sure your partner is going to appreciate and enjoy whatever it is you've made!!  Cheesy Everything has merit.

{steps down off soapbox}

I sent my package to kittymoose today! I hope you have a blast with it! It was all so much fun to do. Oh, and do let me know if anything gets... damaged.  Wink I'll replace it free of charge. lol

Ooh yay I'm so excited!

I just finished a large at work and now have about a million requests for the same!! lol I hope you like it donniesgirl, cause I'm having to pry it out of hands here! Even one of the actresses (I work in theatre) is begging for one!

I feel a bit accomplished!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #123 on: May 31, 2009 11:47:23 AM »

I am on cloud nine with this swap right now! I was rummaging through a box of stuff that the costume shop where i work was getting rid of and found the most perfect authentic 40's vintage ____________. Snatched the sh*t up for donniesgirl in a hot second! This swap is really a boon for me!! whoo hoo!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #124 on: June 01, 2009 08:34:10 AM »

Gallery!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=307480.0

Dang redstar - I might have to do some more digging for you!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

justaddcats
« Reply #125 on: June 01, 2009 01:07:32 PM »

SENT! and it's a good thing.  Rainy rainy days and leaky leaky roofs are leading to quite a bit of chaos in my old apartment.  I needed to get that package out before it needed it's own raft!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
half pint
« Reply #126 on: June 01, 2009 03:49:59 PM »

i've still got some loose ends to finish up, but i should be able to send out tomorrow. better get to work
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Creative_Miss_Chris

Theatre is my life dahling...

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 02, 2009 06:48:25 AM »

Hi guys  Cheesy I've finished all my IB (International bacchaloreate) exams! And I'm officially finishing high school this saturday when I graduate!   Grin Shocked WOOHOO! sooooo... things have been a bit crazy. sorry for not contributing (in terms of posts) much! the exams have been crazzzy! But I've got some things done and I have a plan for exactly what I'm going to do so yay!
Hope you're all having a lovely week-its really sunny here in belgium ^^ and I hear its quite sunny in the UK and america too Smiley Whats the weather like where you all are?
Can't wait to see the gallery start filling up ^^
Chris xx
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009 06:49:13 AM by Creative_Miss_Chris » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps! If anyone loves the 1950's, or harajuku style, or you just want to do a crafty swap in general PM me!  Cheesy

www.wists.com/Creative_Miss_Chris
donniesgirl
« Reply #128 on: June 02, 2009 07:13:58 AM »

Organizational Note

I have updated the gallery for the send's.  Please PM me if I somehow missed anyone, or mixed anyone up.   Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HM Elfke
aka elfke the strange

weirdo

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 02, 2009 02:54:40 PM »

the postoffice was already closed when I got there (6 PM)  Angry so I 'll try again during my lunchbreak tommorrow...

EDIT: I've sent! Hope my partner likes everything...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009 09:08:11 AM by HM Elfke » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keep on smiling, cause when you're smiling the whole world smiles with you!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Play Happy Birthday on Violin
How to Play Ode to Joy in Violin
How to Play Old McDonald Had a Farm in Violin
How to Play Rocky Top on the Fiddle Violin
How to Play Silent Night on the Violin
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...