A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
558 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 1940s / 1950s Swap - send by 6/3  (Read 7993 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

grenouille78
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2009 03:54:22 PM »

I have some leftover _____, so I might see if I can whip up something from that to throw in.

Tease  Cheesy

Anyways, I found my cat, and school is out for the summer so I'm focusing a lot of my time crafting. Smiley

I came up with another great idea the other day while I was browsing at Jo-Ann's (always dangerous) so I'm really excited to get started on that as well.

Happy crafting!

hee hee

So glad you found your cat! And hurray for summer vacation!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

half pint
« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2009 05:43:19 PM »

i finished the big one and it worked out- i was a little nervous... better get to work as i gotta send on friday...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nostephot
« Reply #112 on: May 27, 2009 09:11:12 PM »

This is my first swap and I am working diligently on my project.... but I have a question.... does anyone else worry that their partner is not going to like what you made?  How can you be sure without giving away what you are doing?  What if they think your crafting abilities are sub-par..... I am sure I am just worrying for nothing (that is what I do) but I thought I would put it out there!

Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/nostephot/

My Old Wist http://www.wists.com/nostephot

I am open to personal swaps!  I would love to do one for Halloween!
horrormaedchen
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2009 06:53:25 AM »

Grin send today!!!
I'll lean back now, enjoy the great weather here at the moment and wait for my partner to receive. Hopefully travelling across the Atlantic ocean won't take too long.
And I'm all exited now to see what she's made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2009 07:17:12 AM »

I think people who sign up for swaps realize that they could get pretty much anything & that that's part of the fun of it.  Even when you ask questions, you never really know what you're going to get.   Cheesy

This is my first swap and I am working diligently on my project.... but I have a question.... does anyone else worry that their partner is not going to like what you made?  How can you be sure without giving away what you are doing?  What if they think your crafting abilities are sub-par..... I am sure I am just worrying for nothing (that is what I do) but I thought I would put it out there!

Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maehem

.glitz and glamour.

« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2009 11:55:04 AM »

I think people who sign up for swaps realize that they could get pretty much anything & that that's part of the fun of it.  Even when you ask questions, you never really know what you're going to get. 

agreed! the surprise is the best(and worst! eee anticipation) of swapping!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 alyssamae
grenouille78
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2009 02:35:01 PM »

What if they think your crafting abilities are sub-par..... I am sure I am just worrying for nothing (that is what I do) but I thought I would put it out there!
Thanks

Y'know, sometimes I've received things that were not done quite the way I would have done it, but it's ok. Even if an item is not quite what I expected, I still enjoy the thought of someone else taking their time and energy to craft something for me. A lot of people use swaps to try out new techniques or crafts and it's fun being a part of that whole learning experience. I doubt there are many people who receive something and huck it against the wall in disgust. Like someone else said, the surprise of the swap is fun and that's what we all signed up for! All that to say, I'm sure your partner is going to appreciate and enjoy whatever it is you've made!!  Cheesy Everything has merit.

{steps down off soapbox}

I sent my package to kittymoose today! I hope you have a blast with it! It was all so much fun to do. Oh, and do let me know if anything gets... damaged.  Wink I'll replace it free of charge. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2009 07:04:24 PM »

I just finished a large at work and now have about a million requests for the same!! lol I hope you like it donniesgirl, cause I'm having to pry it out of hands here! Even one of the actresses (I work in theatre) is begging for one! Smiley

I feel a bit accomplished!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smashu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2009 07:32:10 AM »

I'm almost done! I should be able to send today I'm pretty sure:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
HM Elfke
aka elfke the strange

weirdo

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 31, 2009 04:57:31 AM »

I'm almost done, too!  Grin Plan to finish up the last things today, so I can send on tuesday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keep on smiling, cause when you're smiling the whole world smiles with you!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Outdoor Natural Portrait Photography
Fashion and Beauty Photography Lighting Set-Ups
How to Take Night Shots
Quick Little Charming Christmas Photo Shoot
How to Hack a Canon Camera Using CHDK
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...