A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
385 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Viva la France (ou Francais) Swap  (Read 13613 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

donniesgirl
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2009 09:22:32 AM »

Ok I think I'm caught up on my questionairres, but if you think you're missing, please let me know!

Help us all if anyone thinks the US is all about Walmart!   Tongue 

You don't have to be literal on the theme.  Smiley  I think your partner's questionairre will kind of help you go in the right direction.  Like maybe your partner likes French cooking so you send some French recipes in a little cookbook with pictures of France decoupaged on it.  Or your partner has never been to France but would like to go & you have been, so you send pictures of different French scenery in crafted frames.  You don't have to crochet the Eiffel Tower or anything - it's all about your interpretation of the theme - just have fun with it!   Smiley 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009 09:28:09 AM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jjo2009
j.jo.

how many times around the block is a marathon?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2009 09:46:27 AM »

this is making me miss pain au chocolat!
i ate those almost everyday when i lived there for breakfast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jjo2009
j.jo.

how many times around the block is a marathon?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2009 10:43:42 AM »

ahh!!
i just had a light bulb for a craft!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Atrandom
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2009 11:17:53 AM »

Cheesy I'm making this!

Just kidding of course... It's an Eiffel Tower made of matches! I wouldn't have the patience, nor the glue!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009 11:18:55 AM by Atrandom » THIS ROCKS   Logged
katida
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2009 11:24:16 AM »

I so want to be paired with someone who wants to learn about French cuisine...

And I'm so going to get some pains au chocolat tomorrow for breakfast  Grin (only because I have nothing left in the house)
Now I'm curious about that light bulb...

Atrandom, Will you also be making the pont de tancarville? In that case I may have to invite you for dinner...  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Atrandom
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2009 11:33:29 AM »

Atrandom, Will you also be making the pont de tancarville? In that case I may have to invite you for dinner...  Tongue

Ahah, I see we have the same references!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lody
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2009 01:31:19 PM »

Oh no, that movie XD

I'm french! Shocked I live in paris, so I would have super easy access to all that lovely touristy "oh so french" stuff--however, I'm not sure how much I really want to get an eiffel tower bag or other such silliness Wink  Do you guys think I should sign up?

-eta- Also, while it has nowhere near the amount of stuff urbandictionary has, desencyclopedie is funny and has "made up" terms and slang in it. http://desencyclopedie.wikia.com/wiki/Gothique  Here's one of my favorite pages XD   The "geekette" page is funny too... that whole site is a lot of lols xD
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009 01:33:52 PM by Lody » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like penguins, stars, rainbows and blue.
If your project has any of these, don't be surprised to see me post in it! Cheesy
Atrandom
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2009 01:46:17 PM »

I think that's what the sign up form is for! You can say what stuff you like and what stuff you don't like so that your partner gets to know your tastes. So yes, why not? You could always wish for a penguin holding a baguette and a bottle of wine!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
grenouille78
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2009 01:46:55 PM »

The thought of a crocheted crepe makes me laugh!

Like maybe your partner likes French cooking so you send some French recipes in a little cookbook with pictures of France decoupaged on it.  Or your partner has never been to France but would like to go & you have been, so you send pictures of different French scenery in crafted frames.  You don't have to crochet the Eiffel Tower or anything - it's all about your interpretation of the theme - just have fun with it!   Smiley 

I think those are good ideas. Confession: I do have a print of the Eiffel Tower in my living room.  Embarrassed It's a series of photographs taken as it was being built; it's interesting and the sepia tones match the wall color. BUT! As much as I love the monuments and architecture and history of France, I don't need a house full of miniature Eiffel Towers. Kwim?  Cheesy I'm not completely sure how someone would go about crafting the things I miss about France, but it's more the little everyday things. I loved going down to the vegetable market once a week (sew a market bag?); I enjoyed a grand bol de chocolat on cold mornings (ceramists throw a big mug?); I liked the giant skeleton key to my 17th century apartment when I was a student there (polymer clay antique keys?). It's kind of all those little everyday things that add up, not necessarily the blatant stuff!  Wink I listed all kinds of things like that in my questionnaire, so Future Partner, I don't expect you to mail me a wrought iron window grate  Shocked ; instead take an interpretation of form and design and work it into your craft! I hope that helps anyone who is nervous about making "French" things. Nataluna gave a lot of good ideas for sources of inspiration!

Gosh, I sound so serious. I'm really not. And I'm really looking forward to partners so we can get this party started!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grenouille78
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2009 01:48:40 PM »

You could always wish for a penguin holding a baguette and a bottle of wine!

Ah man, if only I'd known that was an option.  Cheesy Future Partner: I like a nice Cote du Rhone.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...