A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,168
Currently Running With Scissors:
422 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Viva la France (ou Francais) Swap  (Read 13752 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

grenouille78
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2009 01:52:13 PM »

Atrandom, Will you also be making the pont de tancarville? In that case I may have to invite you for dinner...  Tongue

Ahah, I see we have the same references!

{gasp} I just got it. Le Diner des Cons? (are we allowed to say that word here? ha) Oh man. I cried.

I'm french! Shocked I live in paris, so I would have super easy access to all that lovely touristy "oh so french" stuff--however, I'm not sure how much I really want to get an eiffel tower bag or other such silliness Wink  Do you guys think I should sign up?

Really? You don't want a mobile made from glow-in-the-dark Eiffel Tower keychains? ha. Yes, sign up!

And now I promise I will let some other people post for awhile.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katida
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2009 01:54:32 PM »

Oh no, that movie XD

I'm french! Shocked I live in paris, so I would have super easy access to all that lovely touristy "oh so french" stuff--however, I'm not sure how much I really want to get an eiffel tower bag or other such silliness Wink  Do you guys think I should sign up?

Ok, the movie is far from being great... but Atrandom's idea was just too good not to make an alusion to it...

I'm also French (but I live in Nancy), an eiffel tower bag would be a bit weird to use, but I'm sure there are lots of other things that could be great to recieve...

and thanks for the link to the website, it's quite funny (but very different from urbandictionary!)

--

Looks like you have some great idea Grenouille...

« Last Edit: April 17, 2009 01:59:17 PM by katida » THIS ROCKS   Logged
donniesgirl
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2009 01:59:43 PM »

What about French cuisine & wine?

I so want to be paired with someone who wants to learn about French cuisine...

And I'm so going to get some pains au chocolat tomorrow for breakfast  Grin (only because I have nothing left in the house)
Now I'm curious about that light bulb...

Atrandom, Will you also be making the pont de tancarville? In that case I may have to invite you for dinner...  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2009 03:13:26 PM »

Mmmm...I miss the dry Poire digestif, too bad we can't send alcohol, LOL!

For the Belgians, do you make the dish with ham and endive and gruyere? Yuuummmmmy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
Lody
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2009 04:07:32 PM »

XD Atrandom, you read my signature!  Actually, a little warning just in case I do join the swap: don't send me all penguin stuff! Everyone knows I love them, so I just end up with like... penguin puppet, penguin hot bottle, penguin useless things I will never use because "hey, I saw this and since you liek penguins and it was cheap... Cheesy" XD it's ridiculous.

katida, I can't stand the diner de cons! I mean, I at the same time find it funny, and too horrible to watch.  I think it's pure french humor, that awful meanness.  Makes me think of Tais-toi, too...XD

Grenouille, I think the sheer awful kitchyness of a "mobile made from glow-in-the-dark Eiffel Tower keychains" might almost make it worth getting XD In that "so bad it's awesome" category of things. ... almost Wink (um...no offense to anyone who did list that as something they wanted, yeah? XD)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like penguins, stars, rainbows and blue.
If your project has any of these, don't be surprised to see me post in it! Cheesy
Atrandom
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2009 04:41:59 PM »

For the Belgians, do you make the dish with ham and endive and gruyere? Yuuummmmmy!!

One of my favorite winter dishes! Except I don't use ham anymore but I still make gratin d'endives with loads of bechamel and cheese!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2009 05:00:13 PM »

Ooh, how do you make it without the ham? My guy doesn't eat ham but I would love to make us that sometime!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2009 06:02:04 PM »

You could always wish for a penguin holding a baguette and a bottle of wine!

Ah man, if only I'd known that was an option.  Cheesy Future Partner: I like a nice Cote du RhoneGrin

what kind of penguin is that?

Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2009 06:09:07 PM »

PS: i had ALMOST succeeded in forgetting that awful movie.  i only saw it cos it's french.  something like napoleon dynamite i knew i couldn't even bear to watch; i wish it had been the same for this movie.  and of course you can say con on craftster because in english it just means escroc / duper.

oh and that other movie from around the same time... "un ami comme..." whoever he was, with all the murders... that was almost as bad, in its own way.  (please excuse my brain)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009 06:09:23 PM by nataluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
grenouille78
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2009 10:24:26 PM »

katida, I can't stand the diner de cons! I mean, I at the same time find it funny, and too horrible to watch. 
Yes, exactly! When I said I cried, it wasn't from laughing! I was so sad for him!

Grenouille, I think the sheer awful kitchyness of a "mobile made from glow-in-the-dark Eiffel Tower keychains" might almost make it worth getting XD In that "so bad it's awesome" category of things. ... almost Wink (um...no offense to anyone who did list that as something they wanted, yeah? XD)

haha! Finally I have a use for my glow-in-the-dark keychain collection! er... maybe not. So you're still on the fence? We promise not to send tacky penguins or cheap Paris souvenirs that you could get at about half the metro stops.  Grin

Ah man, if only I'd known that was an option.  Cheesy Future Partner: I like a nice Cote du RhoneGrin

what kind of penguin is that?

Wink

Grin hee hee A penguin that I can't enjoy right now anyways since I'm pregnant.

and of course you can say con on craftster because in english it just means escroc / duper.

That's what we'll claim. Wink So a nice French movie: I thought "Les Choristes" was fantastic! I actually got to see that in the theatre.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009 10:25:30 PM by grenouille78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Become a Better Writer
How to Get Motivated to Write a Novel
How to Get a Job Writing Reviews
How to Get Your Work Published
How to Write a Haiku
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...