A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,744
Currently Running With Scissors:
451 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty new Journal  (Read 3630 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hislilbearrr
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009 05:06:08 PM »

That looks absolutely amazing!!! I LOVE covering notebooks with scrapbooking paper, but I have always strayed away from spiral notebooks for fear of messing up! I'm so excited to try and alter the cover of a spiral notebook now!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DragonRhapsody
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AP Practicing, Crafty Momma

Crafty, AP Momma of 2 boys!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009 11:06:04 AM »

LOL Sorry for the delayed reply!! I forgot I posted these and I've been waiting for my first baby to show up {he's 10 days late already}.

Anyway. I didn't detach the ENTIRE spiral, I actually just flipped the front page to the back, and slipped them both off.

To get that clean edge, I folded the paper over the holes and then I cut out the holes using an exacto-blade. The exacto-blade method is very time-consuming, and I was surprised that I had the patience at all! LOL

I should take a photo of how I removed the covers, it's really simple and it doesn't require bending or re-shaping anything....

Here we go:

The inside of the back cover looks like this. Here you can see the type of spiral binding, and by flipping the front cover to the back, it's easy to remove both pages.

Like so. By pulling the little prongs to the side, and slipping the front covers up, it just pops them out of the binding. Very easy.

Binding after it's been man-handled. It's not as in rough shape as that tutorial binding - might also be because of the metal binding used. It's super durable and doesn't warp easily. {Another reason I love Strathmore sketchbooks! XD }

Finally, both backing and front cover have been removed. It takes all of 30 seconds to pop it off. And maybe a minute or two to pop it back on {another reason to REALLY GLUE DOWN the paper you cover it with!}
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suganspyyce
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009 10:56:18 PM »

Ahh, I didn't even notice that in the tutorial that she took the bind completely off.  After I saw the type of binding i just assumed that she just pulled them a bit an slid them out.  Bet she'd be kicking herself reading your post! 

edited to add you did really good at using the xacto to cut the holes!  Mine woulda been all jacked up, lol.  Hopefully your baby has arrived now.  You get so anxious in those final days, even more so when they're late.  Congrats either way!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009 11:01:36 PM by suganspyyce » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SteeelMagnolia

All things crafty are my love!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009 09:21:20 PM »

This is fabulous! I have a Bind-it-all so I imagine I can use it to cut my papers and to re-"seal" the binding, too.  How great! Thanks for sharing and your new journal is really great!!!
Peace & Love,
~Barb~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My BLOG: CRAFT THERAPY

My  ETSY

Art sets my soul free.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...