A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,344
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Caitlin's Crib Cover  (Read 778 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

phnxreign99
« on: April 07, 2009 09:55:21 PM »

Yeah for Craftster - I get to show off something that is one of my all time favorite projects!  I made this for my daughter 23 years ago and recently pulled it out of a box so that I could wash it up and pass it on to her ... she is expecting her first child on April 25th.  Even though it was in a box for a long time, it's still VERY HARD for me to give up!  It's stamped cross stitch - not overly difficult, but I remember it took me a long time to finish.  It's full crib size (that's my 11 year old holding it up for me) ...

What amazed me the most when I took it out was that I did not remember how neat and tidy the back was ... I think I had much more patience back then  Cheesy ... Caitlin was my first of four kids  Tongue .  I was quite proud of myself, viewing it again after so many years!

And now when my first granddaughter is born and has a birthday, I will put her name (Eden Lee) and date on there with her mother's ... maybe it really will become a family heirloom!

Thanks for looking -  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
Lo{ve}
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009 10:00:31 PM »

this is precious!!  Cheesy where do you think you'll add the baby's name at on the blanket?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
schnerby
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009 10:36:35 PM »

It sure will become an heirloom! That is fantastic!

Maybe you  can put the baby's name along the bottom below her mother. That way more could be added alongside and it wouldn't look unbalanced or funny with just the one name there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cgaker
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009 10:58:08 PM »

Wow, stunning!! How cool that you get to pass it down now.... beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phnxreign99
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009 11:08:22 PM »

I was wondering the same thing about where to put the name ... I was thinking of just the center bottom ... there might be enough room down there for a few more names too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
fiberartsy

That rug really tied the room together.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009 05:23:07 AM »

Just wonderful!  How amazing to have that to pass along to your daughter and granddaughter. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Different Textures with Oil Paints
How to Face Paint a Union Jack Flag
Shepard Fairey Mural Time Lapse
Jerry Saltz Shows His Favorite Paintings
Andy Warhol: The Last Decade Exhibit Tour
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...