A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,969
Currently Running With Scissors:
417 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia - Glittered Birds  (Read 9875 times)
Tags for this thread: sponsored_book_excerpt , martha_stewart , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PotterCraft
« on: April 06, 2009 01:11:36 PM »

Sponsored Content - Craft Book Excerpt

The following is an excerpt from the new craft book...

Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts
An A-to-Z Guide with Detailed Instructions and Endless Inspiration

by Martha Stewart Living Magazine

ABOUT THIS BOOK

According to the Craft & Hobby Association, nearly 60 percent of U.S. households participate in crafts and hobbies. With the introduction of Martha Stewarts Encyclopedia of Crafts, crafters now have the ideal how-to manual, featuring wonderful ideas for creating handmade, beautiful, and memorable projects, gifts, and decorations.

The groundbreaking, technique-based, how-to reference book comprises more than 200 innovative craft projects. Organized by topic from A to Z, the beautifully and intuitively designed volume offers thorough, step-by-step instructions, with more than 700 full-color instructional and inspirational photos, useful templates for a wide range of techniques, and a comprehensive list of tools and materials to have on hand for all crafting endeavors.

To help complete projects, crafters can use Martha Stewart Crafts, an assortment of crafting essentials such as specialized tools and punches, glitter, rubber stamps, pens and markers, adhesives, ribbon and embellishments, and paper. Martha Stewart Crafts products are available at retailers nationwide.

Tip: For custom shades of glitter, try mixing two or three colors.

Project: glittered birds

Turn simple plastic figurines, such as birds, into dazzling creatures with just a little glitter and tinsel. Different sizes of glitter on the breasts and tails make the birds look more textural and lifelike. To create a centerpiece, look for a branch that can sit freestanding on a table.

Project supplies:

Martha Stewart Crafts Glittering Trays, Martha Stewart Crafts Assorted Glitter Colors, Martha Stewart Crafts 4 oz. Glittering Glue w/Brush Applicator, plastic birds with wired feet, Branch

How-to:

Place the glittering trays out on your work surface. Pour a small amount of glittering glue into a bowl. Fill small bowls with fine glitters to coat the birds.  Use a small paintbrush to coat a bird's tail with glue; sprinkle spoonfuls of fine glitter on top. Shake excess glitter back into the tray for that color; let dry. Repeat, using the same or different colors of fine glitter on the wings, the body, and the head. Fasten the birds to a glittered branch with the wires on their feet.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2009 01:38:50 PM by the craftster admin (leah) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out all of Potter Craft's book excerpts on Craftster! Click here!
smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009 01:29:04 PM »

thats some pretty glitter..love it..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
craftydebs

Just too busy being fabulous!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009 01:55:10 PM »

I agree about the glitter, Martha has the BEST ever!!  I want so bad to buy the big jumbo pack that has like 25 colors in it but so far have not had the money to splurge on it.  It runs around $30 at Walmart and it is soooooo pretty!

I work for Michaels and man do people go NUTS for Martha stuff.  Most of is sells out as soon as it hits stores.  I work in Customer Care so I talk to folks all the time who are looking for Martha this or that.  To be honest I am happy that Walmart carries her stuff now too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May you be in heaven for thirty minutes before the devil even knows you are dead.- Old Irish Toast

http://wists.com/craftydebs
leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009 02:01:54 PM »

Leave to Martha to really "get it" when it comes to colors and quality and so forth. That's why I love her craft products. Regular ol' glitter in primary colors is great for kids, but we grown-ups want more sophisticated (for lack of a better word) color choices. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009 02:23:23 PM »

Oooh, those colors are b-e-a-utiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Velvetdragon

we're all mad here

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009 05:41:04 PM »

I bought this book as soon as it came out and it's awesome, as all Martha's books are. Easily adapted to a more edgey style, really inspirational, even pretty on the shelf, hehehe. I totally got hooked on her through her Halloween projects (I'm a Halloween NUT).

And I agree, I've used her glitter, and it's heads and tails above the rest when it comes to quality and color. I want to glitter EVERYTHING with it, and I'm not even a bling person!

Think of all the other little plastic toys and other random doodads that could use some glitter! Eee.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

'Who are YOU?' said the caterpillar.

'I--I hardly know, sir, just at present-- at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.'

http://velvetdragon.com
http://wists.com/Tserisa
http://twitter.com/tser/
rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009 06:42:07 PM »

oh martha, you always make me go  Shocked

i do love the pretty glitter, even if i dont love the idea of a glittery bird branch...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009 09:02:39 PM »

I'm curious how this post got into the Miscellaneous board, by a person who doesn't have enough posts to put up a picture.  And why is there advertising in a board?

Ok, I have just gone through all these posts and have come to the conclusion that this sort of stuff actually needs its own board, and should be called book reviews.  It's great information, but it seems to be all wrong where it is. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009 09:21:15 PM by pinokeeo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009 05:35:18 AM »

Hi pinokeeo. At the link below is the explanation of "sponsored content." If you want to give more thoughts on the sponsored content, you can weigh over on that thread. Smiley

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=276442.0

I'm curious how this post got into the Miscellaneous board, by a person who doesn't have enough posts to put up a picture.  And why is there advertising in a board?

Ok, I have just gone through all these posts and have come to the conclusion that this sort of stuff actually needs its own board, and should be called book reviews.  It's great information, but it seems to be all wrong where it is. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
twobluestripes
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009 01:41:21 PM »

ooooh glitter! i've seen the martha glitter in the scrapbook aisle at wal mart, and am so tempted! i have to just walk away...
this seems like a pretty useful book, especially for people who want to occasionally incorporate crafts they haven't tried before into their other crafting.

i've got a glitter sculpture all wrapped up in trash bags in my closet, in need of some major repair! i should pull that out soon, this is inspiring me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Homemade Fondant and Decorative Daisies
How to Make a Chocolate Chip Cookie Shot Glass
Sabrina Soto Presents: The Sophisticated Gelatin Shot!
Easy Fruit Tart Recipe Perfect for Memorial Day
How to Make the Perfect Banana Split
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...