A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Recent Adventures in Baking...and not baking??  (Read 829 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

polutechnos
« on: April 06, 2009 05:37:09 AM »

Hello all. Here are a few things I've made over the weekend.

Before the oven packed its bags for vacation...
Three layer chocolate cake with milk chocolate buttercream, dark chocolate buttercream filling with strawberries and glaze between layers, drizzled glaze and chocolate curls to decorate. This was my bf's mother's bday cake.

After the oven decided to go on vacation the day of her birthday while we were making pizza for hungry people:
Dunno why, but I feel like calling them the cheesecake sisters in this pic...

The sumptuous Strawberry Layered Cheesecake. 4 alternating layers of strawberry and plain cheesecake, crumb crust, dark chocolate and strawberry glaze to decorate...

A twist on traditional. This cheesecake has a crumb base with dark chocolate ganache on the very bottom, followed by a layer of plain cheesecake and white chocolate cheesecake. Covered with fresh strawberries and homemade glaze. Grated choco too Smiley

« Last Edit: April 06, 2009 05:56:24 AM by polutechnos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

boo_zombie
rubybluedesigns.etsy.com

rubybluedesigns.etsy.com

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009 05:47:59 AM »

mmm cheesecake......*drool*

they look and sound so delicious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CHECK OUT MY ETSY!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/rubybluedesigns

http://rubybluedesigns.blogspot.com
http://www.wists.com/ruby_blue13

CURRENT SWAPS:
exstatic about eclipse - sent/waiting to recieve
ORGANISING: Two Tiny Things Fave Band Swap
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=351944
polutechnos
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009 11:47:59 AM »

Thanks, boo! I didn't make them for me, so I have no idea how they taste, except that I made one for my bf's birthday a few months ago. Nice and creamy  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunnyDelight
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009 01:08:58 PM »

Looks delicious?
Care to share recipes?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
polutechnos
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009 04:19:09 PM »

Looks delicious?
Care to share recipes?

Sure, but I kind of eye ball these things as I go along, so I don't really use recipes. More general ideas that come to me at the time Smiley

For the cheesecakes, to make a 9".

I use a springform pan. Rub a little melted butter on it. Add a round of parchment just to cover the bottom and help when you move them.

For the crumb:
Crumble, oh, about 100 grams of Digestive biscuits, graham crackers, what have you. REALLY crumble those suckers too. Can't have lumps in our bases (although we probably will after we eat it). The amount is a matter of choice, and depends on how thick, high, etc you want it. Mix in a few tablespoons of sugar into the crumbs.

Put the crumbs in the pan. You will now melt about 50-60g of butter/margerine. Drizzle that onto and mix into the crumbs. You may have to add more melted butter. Just use your noodle Smiley But make sure you pack it well and it's not entirely dry anywhere. This can be disastrous.

Now chill your crust for at least, oh 45 minutes or so. I throw mine in the freezer while I mix up the fillings.

For the filling:
Put about 300g of soft/cream cheese in a bowl. Add bout a 1/3 cup (3 or so ounces) of powdered sugar icing sugar or caster (white) sugar. Squeeze half a lemon in. Whip with a whisk.

Whip some more Cheesy

Now, take 250-300ml of whipping cream. MMMM. Whip it. Whip it some more. And some more; I'm not really afraid of it being over whipped, e.g. "dry" looking. It all turns out smooth in the end. Whip the whipped whipping cream into the whipped cheese mix. This is getting violent  Shocked

It should be nice and smooth now.

You can toss in some fresh fruit right into the filling, or on the bottom of the crust, cover the bottom in chocolate, whatever you want. Make miniature ones in your muffin pan and do various flavours, fruits, etc. Experiment!

Take your crust out of the fridge. Spoon the filling in. Tilt the pan and rub the filing with a spoon to help it move around. Be careful not to stab the crust or anything!

Then freeze for a few hours to whenever you need it. I usually take it out about an hour before serving. Don'tcha hate it when cheesecake was obviously frozen and the strawberries are still frozen? Anyhoo, freezing is important in uncooked cheesecakes. Otherwise they don't set properly.

Now, if you're lucky enough to have left over whipped cream or can make some...

Get yourself a BIG mug. Fill 3/4 full with milk. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Stir in 2 parts sugar to one part cocoa. Real melted chocolate is always nice too Wink Top with whipped cream, grated choco, and heck, marshmellows too!

Now enjoy your hard work Cheesy

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009 04:20:41 PM by polutechnos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Modern Holiday Chandelier
Colorful Leaf Wreaths with Amy Sedaris
Decorate This Fall with Painted Leaves
2 Steps to a Gorgeous Painted Makeup Brush Holder
How to Make Zombie Edible Brains
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...