A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Google ads moved to new annoying location  (Read 3620 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

antarcticraft
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Head Counselor of Camp Crochet

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2009 12:07:57 PM »

I agree - as long as the ads are unobtrusive and don't slow down loading the page, I'm happy with them. I've even clicked on a few!

It seems like the frequency of obnoxious ads has gone WAY down since they first started. Whatever Leah and Sweets are doing with our feedback about obnoxious ads, it's working!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote for the winner of Crochet Challenge 9, our first Stitch-Off! For this challenge, participants explored Shell Stitch. Vote here!
IamSusie
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2009 12:14:27 PM »

The worst ad was some movie clip that played over and over and delayed my page loads... ugh... I boycotted that film in protest.  That was several months ago and I haven't seen anything like that since.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2009 12:46:49 PM »

The worst ad was some movie clip that played over and over and delayed my page loads... ugh... I boycotted that film in protest.  That was several months ago and I haven't seen anything like that since.   Smiley

Oh no! We definitely don't want any ads that just start talking on their own! We try to nab those ones right away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
Gomerriffic
Meet my friend, Mr. Lemmy Lime!

Exsqueeze me?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2009 01:30:43 PM »

Okay, I've been following the thread for a little bit and though it's been said, I'd like to add my little opinion.

First our mods ROCK and Sweets is indeed the sweetest EVER. Love ya!

Second, I don't really mind the adds, and have even gained a subscription to a great mag because of them and found great products at good prices. They sometimes inspire me to create similar things so you can add inspiration to the mix as well.

I love Craftster for it's community and for the creativity I get from it. I have never been so creative as I have since I ran into this website by accident a few years ago. I'm even a "crackster" pusher. Anytime I talk with other creative friends I push them to go to the website. I'm a FOC and am willing to pay the tiny cost in order to remain so. I'm also okay with the adds for the aforementioned reasons and to keep this place up and running. When it's down I don't know what to do with myself!

So, in conclusion to my wild rambling, thanks for all the hard work and I don't mind the adds because they're mostly craft related and they keep my addiction alive and well! Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009 01:31:05 PM by Gomerriffic » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mintbamboo
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2009 09:47:37 PM »

It's totally everyone's right to use ad blockers but just keep in mind that if you to this you're preventing us from making a certain amount of money that we need to run this site. Sad And you're missing out on some great crafty advertisers. Smiley

Forgive my naivety, but how does Craftster not make money when users have an ad blocker? Is it because they can't see them and can't click them, as the clicking is what makes money? I'll turn off my ad blocker for Craftster and go on an ad-clicking spree when I visit if it'll help Smiley I got ad blocker for other websites that had horrible, flashing, drop-down, pop-up, noise-making ads; the ones on Craftster never bothered me in the past.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm your fool
leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2009 11:49:40 AM »

Many ad networks pay the website based on how many times the ad is shown and it doesn't matter how many times it was clicked.

Some ads pay out based on how many clicks they get. But while we appreciate your offer to click lots of ads, we don't suggest that. We could actually get in trouble if "click fraud" is detected. But it's a nice thought! Cheesy

Hope this helps. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Layer Your Skincare Products
3 DIY Body Scrubs
LORAC Touch-Up to Go Concealer and Foundation Pen Review
Deconstructed Rose Lip Gloss Library Review
Eye Makeup Tutorial: Applying Eye Shadow
Latest Blog Articles
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...