A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,213
Currently Running With Scissors:
590 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Buttons = Craft room organization!! (PIC HEAVY)  (Read 10954 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

snazzlecraft

I jumped on the mustache train! CHOO CHOO!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 05, 2009 06:35:50 PM »

So I have been on a mission to organize my craft room lately.  I have had this book shelf in my craft room that was from my previous house (and previous husband LOL!) and it just didn't fit the decor of this house or the whimsy I need in my creative space.

So once this contest popped up I instantly had an amazing idea!  Who really has a gazillion buttons just laying around (except for apparantly witwhitherwilt!)?!?  I am just starting to build my button collection so I didn't want to use them all for this project.  So I found this image of a gazillion buttons all layed out (looks like wallpaper) on http://deviantart.com and new it would be perfect.  I printed out about 30 pages on my printer and decoupaged them onto the inside back of my bookcase. Then to hide my clutter, I made two fabric panels out of muslin (or it could be linen) and hand sewed buttons along the bottom edge (about two inches wide).  I absolutely love the way this turned out!  And the best part is how organized everything is!  Alrighty then, prepare for pic madness!!!!

Baby fat buddha is protecting my clothes pins, using his adorable charm to ward off any potential thieves or laundry-obsessed visitors:

Buttons in baby food jars!

Budda peering out from behind the curtain....he's such a camera hog!

Here is a super closeup of the background!  You can't tell at all where one sheet ends and another begins! 

Well I hope you all like it.  I think that this has been the most fun contest ever.  I love all the entries! You can see the before pic on my blog (http://snazzlecraft.blogspot.com/2009/04/craft-room-bookshelf.html) along with additional pictures of this project.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009 06:41:57 AM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to include specific blog link. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

fibreartist4life
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009 06:48:55 PM »

What a terrific idea!  I love the button background and even more how you carried the theme with real buttons on the bottom of the curtain.  The buttons are a great way to weigh down the curtain and keep it in place.  The Budahs are very cute too.
It looks very organized in such a fun way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donkeybeth
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009 10:28:38 PM »

That looks beautiful;  I love that idea!  You did a great job organizing, too.  I thought they were all real buttons before I read your description!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"With my freeze ray, I will stop... the pain"
Vicelikeplague
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009 08:14:51 AM »

This is really cool, looks good, practical (which is always a bonus!).  But also love how you have given the challenge an extra dimension, using images of buttons as well as actual buttons!  not entirely sure I am making sense!!

ooo am new to craftster by the way and loving it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grimmlynn

I dare you to make less sense.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009 09:51:51 PM »

So neat and organized!  It looks very good.  When do you want to come work on my room...lol?  Perhaps one day I can organize my room...I don't dare dream I will decorate it so cute. 
Nice work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -Dr. Seuss

Use coupon code CRAFTSTERFRIEND and receive a 10% discount at my etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/grimmlynn
twobluestripes
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009 01:57:01 AM »

i think this is such a classy interpretation of the challenge! the background was a great idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missgabbielynn

Dance like no one is watching!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009 08:43:07 PM »

This is really cute.  I love the button paper you printed and used on the background....so cute.

missgabbielynn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cherrydate
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009 12:55:41 AM »

i love the button background!
very neat and pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MWAH!
jessersmisadventures

we are the knights that say nee!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009 10:29:10 AM »

Very cute!  I love the monochromatic whites and ivories;  makes it elegant and very pulled-together looking.  Great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my beautiful, brand new shop! I am currently offering free shipping to all fellow Craftsters!

www.Palmyria.etsy.com
tearE
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009 11:07:13 AM »

What a fantastic idea! I am going to steal the button-wall-paper idea for an end table, thanks ;-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

>>>>>>>>Swap some fabric with me! <<<<<<<<

Happiness comes from the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. (fortune cookie)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jimmy Gownley Draws Superhero Amelia
The 90-Second Fitness Solution Book Trailer
Nikki Sixx Talks About Heroin Diaries Part 1
The Moses Expedition Book Trailer
Stupid About Men Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...