A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,208
Currently Running With Scissors:
396 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Art Projects for School  (Read 605 times)
Tags for this thread: graffiti  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ethanol_Emillee
« on: April 05, 2009 05:14:46 PM »

I take art during school and I've finally decided to post pictures of some of my completed projects on here.

This is a string project that we did at the beginning of the year. We had to make a picture completely out of lines of string. It took around 2 months i think.

The graffiti says "revolution". Graffiti is really hard to do with string i found out.

This is a color wheel I had to do. It was to practice mixing colors with paint and all that. The colors are a little off looking in this picture. I promise it looks better in real life.

This is a monochromatic picture. Everything is in shades of blue. It took forever because I had to trace every single square and then hand paint every single square. There are also words in the bottom right-hand corner. It says "I love you" "Always and forever.

I was disappointed though because the words are a little difficult to see.

Sorry the pictures are kind of blurry. I took them with my cell phone and you know, I don't have fancy equipment and stuff to make them look prettier.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009 05:34:11 PM by Ethanol_Emillee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein

http://emilleejoyce.wordpress.com/
Spiffyhink
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009 09:07:50 PM »

Re: The string lines picture thingy. That is the most MESSED UP assignment I have ever heard of, I think. Your teacher is cruel. The whole thing just conjures up images of glue-caked fingers and imperfectly aligned bits of string...you did well with it though.

I like your monochromatic piece. I always make that same mistake with the words...you assume they'll "pop" because of the white spacing, but instead they end up just blending in. Frustrating.

Good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Steven Ujifusa on His Book A Man and His Ship
Garret Kramer Talks About Stillpower
Sherry Jones on Her Novel Four Sisters, All Queens
Beach House Memories Book Trailer
Michelle Harrison on Her New Book Unrest
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...