A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
744 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Witch/Wicca/Pagan Swap Round 11 May Pole Madness Gallery of Joy!  (Read 9680 times)
Tags for this thread: shrinky_dink  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Feywalker
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2009 06:44:14 AM »

Pheonix, I love everything you made!  That embroidery is wonderful  Shocked 

Solitare - I swear I haven't forgotten about pictures.  I took the pictures, now I have to load them on my home computer, put them onto a disk and bring them to work to upload.  I was up uber-late last night working on a project for the bosses going away so I didn't have a chance.  Hubby ran off on a hunting trip so I'm without Squishy help but I will try to take care of it tonight so I can post tomorrow, if I don't, I promise monday at the latest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can make that...
phnxreign99
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2009 07:34:24 AM »

He, he -  Cheesy - it's not my ancient piece of shrinky dink!  It's a little pre-drawn piece I picked up somewhere ... but it did help me get over my fear of shrinky dinks -  Wink

Let me tell you my shrinky story ...

Back in the day when I had nothing better to do (I was around 20) I bought a Barbie shrinky set (needed something to do while my husband was putting together his Star Wars models!) So I tried Barbie, she came out ok.  Then I moved on to tracing a naked woman out of Playboy, also very decent.  I decided I really needed to show my artistic side so I set out copying the cover of a Dungeons and Dragons box.  A full 8.5x11 sheet ... I worked for days, tracing and shading with those little pencils.  It was a mini-masterpiece!  Until I stuck it in the oven ...  Tongue  I watched my work curl up ... and stick to the pan  Cry !  It was horrifying  Shocked !  I probably had to go play Ms. Pac Man for hours at the arcade just to get over it all.  Since then I have been very intimidated by that little piece of plastic.  (I still have the three shrinkies somewhere.)

I watched that little fairy with great fear and anxiety, waiting for it to stick ... but she survived - Grin 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
Jenna_Gayle
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2009 08:16:47 AM »

I was wondering if you finally braved up and used it  Cheesy

I went to the shrinky dink website and watched that little video they have once.  I was wondering how they got back flat after curling up like they did!  I think I would be sick if all that hard work went to poo!!!  I went to a bookstore that was going out of business a couple of weeks ago and picked up my neice a fairies book that came with shrinky dinks!!!  It had gone from $18.99 to $3!!!!  Snagged that one right up for her b-day in July!!  They also had all their witchy books 50% off, but I was with the in-laws and DH's nanny was on the next isle over - in the Christian Fiction- so all I could do was oogle them from a distance  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live neither in the past nor in the future, but let each day's work absorb your entire energies, and satisfy your widest ambition. ~Sir William Osler
Toby82
Live... Love... and Forgive!!!

Step forth and Spring Ta Life!!!!

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2009 02:22:43 PM »

Hops into the room....wow i havent left a comment in here yet ooops......I am absolutely loving these swaps more and more we do em.... the ideas... even the different ways to do the same idea....amazing.... Danni way ta go on your first swap with us....you did GREAT.... Im sure our Jenna will have fun with that wand..... we use two wands here as dosing rods.... maks for great fun...and very accurate....Also I am loving all these home made soaps with these great carvings.... and paintings and baskets and boxes wow.....wists away.... Huggz ta all and hope everything is well....Im off ta enjoy the sunny 85 degree dae we have here

~Toby~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To experience a Rainbow, One must have the rain.... For the sun shines just behind the clouds.
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2009 03:03:01 PM »

My computer didn't want to cooperate with me yesterday, so here is the photo of that pendulum I sent to Jenna. Smiley

ta-da!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2009 06:46:10 PM »

oh my goddess that is beautiful!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

I have affairs with fictitious characters.

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2009 08:29:43 PM »

OO You did such a good job with that pendulum! What a pretty piece of amethyst too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Forget all the other crafting tools, what I really want is a sonic screwdriver!!!!

Blessed Be!

I'm up for personal swaps! PM Me! Smiley

Etsy Shop
Solitaire

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2009 09:00:42 AM »

What a great package Phnx!! I love the covert/overt symbolism. Fabulous. The crocheted basket is adorable. I must try this for myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Craft, Therefore, I AM!  )O(

My Wists~Solay Products~
Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2009 01:30:52 PM »

well my partner seems to be AWOL - I heard from her after she got my package but not since and no pics - oh well
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jenna_Gayle
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2009 01:38:11 PM »

OH NO!!!!!!!!!  Poor Wind!!!!!  Did you recieve yet??   Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live neither in the past nor in the future, but let each day's work absorb your entire energies, and satisfy your widest ambition. ~Sir William Osler
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Martha Stewart Shows How to Make Kids Valentine Cards
Martha Stewart Shows How to Make Felt Fortune Cookie
How to Make Heart-Decorated Pillar Candles
Martha Stewart Shows How to Make a Message in a Bottle
How to Make Popup Valentine Card
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...