A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,913
Currently Running With Scissors:
448 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stretched ears and REAL earrings????I know it's been talked about :(  (Read 4982 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

I Eat Art
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2006 07:17:00 AM »

I know folks who have had good luck with the type of earwire that "locks" in the back for dangly earrings. Fire mountain gems sells them... and if their site ever decides to load, I'll post the link to them. Basically they look like the french hook earwires, but instead of being open, the back hooks back into itself. You could just buy nice dangly earrings and replace the hooks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.dadahaus.com
Fun and Funky Jewelry, Crafting Tips, and more
http://www.indiecraftshows.com
Find indie craft shows in your area!
ragdoll193
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2006 06:03:02 PM »

you can definitely get the hider plugs (or any other soft ones) and pierce through them, or go with putting the danglies between your lobe and the plug. that is, if you don't want to just get tunnels and put the danglies through them.

(I just started a thread on bodyartforms.com because i want to stretch, but cant part with my danglies  Grin) slightly ironic that this come up now (well that i find it now)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
fifitinkerbell
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2006 01:19:01 PM »

Silicone plugs HURT. I have some silicone tunnels and they made my ears itch so bad. Also because they are rubbery you can't slide the plug in and out, but instead a sort of suction happens between the silcone and your ear as they stick together. This happened when I was taking one out and it kind of pinged, like an elastic band would, and cut my ear. So yeah, just a word of caution. Silicone plugs are not all they are cracked up to be Smiley

I've got 10mm stretchings and another 2 lobe piercings in one ear and 1 in the other, so I wear regular earrings in those holes instead.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ragdoll193
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2006 01:24:09 PM »

that's what oil/lube is for Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
fifitinkerbell
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2006 07:56:25 AM »

Well yeah but I don't need to use that for my other plugs+tunnels, that's all Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ragdoll193
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2006 06:42:42 PM »

ahh. it was a suggestion  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
fifitinkerbell
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2006 09:40:50 AM »

Thanks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DorkasaurusRex
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2006 07:47:22 AM »

A lot of people do note that if their ears are very sensitive, they do not use silicone.  My ears are not very sensitive to different materials (just finishes, as long as the finish is smooth), and I have some Kaos silicone eyelets that feel great.  I just put some Vitamin E oil on my ears and pop them right through.  I put Vitamin E in my holes every time I change my plugs, just to keep them happy and healthy, and I lube up my stone and steel saddle plugs to prevent damage.  I've heard of companies who try to imitate Kaos, which uses implant grade silicone, but they use more porous versions, which WILL irritate, as your ears will be able to attach to them more easily because it's basically a surface full of suction cups.  Maybe it's the size as well.  My ears are a measly 4g (5mm), but that may allow them more room to manoeuvre without sticking.  I love my Kaos eyelets, but then again, I wouldn't have know that until I put them in and wore them around, as is the case with most materials; you just have to try them out, talk to other users, and listen to your body.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Then he asked,"Lord, what about when there was one set of footprints on one side and also a straight line with bootprints on one side and small round circles on the other?" The Lord replied, "Those were when I carried you, and we were joined by a pirate pushing a wheelbarrow."
McGillistabby
I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2009 10:58:27 AM »

I'm surprised no one has already mentioned just solid silicone plugs (if your ears aren't too sensitive) Smiley  They come in many colors (as hiders tend just just look weird in larger gauges, e.g. mine are 5/8" and just look silly) and there's just the one layer of silicone on the front of the plugs and it's very  easy to poke earings through. Plus the holes created aren't too bad in the silicone.

Also, second holes are a great idea as well as danglies under your plugs Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Comfort Food Meatloaf Dinner Recipe
Oven Baked Pork Chops with Gravy Recipe
Oven Baked Round Steak and Rich Gravy Recipe
Red Cinnamon Dinner Apples Recipe
Fiesta Corn Relish Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...