A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,038
Currently Running With Scissors:
498 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anybody drink venom energy drinks?  (Read 565 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mibismogger
« on: April 03, 2009 05:25:35 PM »

I have a few bottles of venom energy drinks

I love unique purses, like a lot, I'm making one out of a medical book, another out of an old radio, neck ties, candy wrappers, but I'm not sure how exactly to use the bottles as the metal is fairly thick. I dont know what sort of tool to cut it with or anything. I just want it to lay flat basically, I'm not too sure what to do after that but I think I can manage.

I'd be really happy to get some help/input
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As opposed to a revolver, I use a sharpened pencil to displace my brains. I gently squeeze the trigger and splatter the page with metaphor
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009 12:57:45 AM »

From a major lack of experience, here's what I've got...

Metal saw is probably your best bet if it really is thick (I haven't seen the bottle myself). Saw off the top and the bottom, and saw it apart along one side, then bend it out with sturdy pliers and hammer it out from the back, on wood (hammering against metal will scratch it)
Make sure your wood is on something immovable (anvil, slab of concrete, whatever you have), and that the wood isn't likely to move either - you don't want it to spring back too much.
For assembly your best bet might be drilling holes along the edges and using a sturdy yarn to sew them together Smiley (I know you didn't ask for that part, but it popped into my head Cheesy )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Alexus1325
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009 05:23:45 PM »

I agree with using a hack saw for the top and bottom (remember to saw against the teeth-direction of the saw, not back and forth, or you'll wreck the saw), but I'd use tin-snips to cut down the length of it cuz they're fast and easy for straight lines. And you oughtta beat it to death with a rubber mallet like what is used to take dents out of car panels, as a regular hammer may stretch the metal and mess up the paint-job.

On an aside, that's a darn COOOOOL idea! /files this away in her brain for later
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Beach Makeup Tips
How to Get a Natural Makeup Look
How to Make Your Nose Look Thinner
How to Use an Eyeliner Brush
Summer Travel Beauty Tips from Aesthetician Gina Mari
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...