A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ice cream on your head and Mario on your bed: March 2009 Featured Projects  (Read 6211 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

antarcticraft
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Head Counselor of Camp Crochet

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 03, 2009 04:01:51 PM »

Craftster crocheters were busy in March - we've got a bunch of fantastic projects* to titillate your eyes and get your creative juices flowing. Some of them might even make your mouth water and your Nintendo thumb ache! A lot of these are by newcomers to Craftster, too!

Aaargh, Matey! ohmeohmyoreilly is new to Craftster, but obviously not to crochet. It was hard to pick a favorite to showcase for March, but his Crochet Pirate Bearded Beanie disguise was an obvious favorite:

I love items that are crafty in the true sense of the word - handmade, beautiful, and functional. princesspimp81's Crochet Cake Treasure Boxes definitely fit the bill! These look good enough to eat!

And how about the deliciously cute Ice Cream Sundae hat by randomheartsx? I can't wait to see what she cooks up next!

For those of you who embrace your inner child, I'm sure you loved mama24boyz's Spongebob and Patrick winter sets! Though I doubt it's possible to love them more than these guys did:

In the event of an amigurumi alien invasion, you can fight off the bad guys with woo_work's adorable-but-deadly Raygun!

You think you know cute? You haven't begun to understand yarn's capacity for cuteness until you've see this adorable pair of Baby Dragons by Mousica:

Though it's possible that they have a bit of competition with mrsflibble's baby Sea Monster toy, who apparently eats electronics but makes little godsons laugh:

In the Crochet As Art category, we have a beautiful Freeform Crochet Scarf by Carlafibers. It's amazing what you can do without a pattern or a plan!

Bringing us more wearable art, former Featured Hooker meekssandygirl shared a gorgeous array of crocheted necklaces- my personal favorite are these lovely lemons:

By far and away the most "This Rocks" hits and comments and general awe came in response to Gege's jaw-dropping work of dedication and geeky-craftiness, the Super Mario Obsession:

*These are chosen via a magical algorithm that combines "This Rocks!" hits, number of comments, originality and creativity of the project, and detail and information in the posts. I also make an effort to present as wide a range of project types, styles, and members. Preference is given to posts shared in the Craftster spirit (not for sale, helpfulness, information shared, etc.).

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009 05:35:16 AM by antarcticraft » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote for the winner of Crochet Challenge 9, our first Stitch-Off! For this challenge, participants explored Shell Stitch. Vote here!
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009 09:36:36 PM »

This post is labelled March 2008 - wrong year Cheesy
You confused me at first!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

antarcticraft
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Head Counselor of Camp Crochet

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009 05:35:42 AM »

This post is labelled March 2008 - wrong year Cheesy
You confused me at first!!

Ooops! Fixed. You're the first person to say anything. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote for the winner of Crochet Challenge 9, our first Stitch-Off! For this challenge, participants explored Shell Stitch. Vote here!
LuvMaerz
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009 12:18:33 PM »

Those projects are AWESOME!!  I want to make them all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Xbeautiful_disasterX
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009 03:35:00 PM »

I Think I will attempt to make something like the cake treaure box! its too cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Only the insane equate pain with success"

"Because Flakers go to Craft Hell, where you have spend all your days picking glitter off of wool sweaters.  Just saying. No one wants that."-shadow box
My pintrest:  http://pinterest.com/lisa5691
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Balayage Highlights
Messy Updos Are in This Summer
How Liz Vaccariello Maintains Her Bountiful Bangs
Learn How to Paint Sun-Kissed Balayage Highlights at Home
Ponytails Get Glamorous on the Cannes Red Carpet
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...