A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 67
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Spring Sock Hop! IYP 12: sign ups April 3-April 18, send June 1st.  (Read 37024 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

elociNNicole
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

Do what you love. Love what you do.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009 07:58:00 PM »

I must say that I was tempted with the last IYP and sat out.  I am so glad that I am doing this one!  RhymeswOrange graciously chose me as her partner and I couldn't be happier. 

This seems like it is going to be one awesome gallery. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
fusbdgt
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009 10:35:07 PM »

How do you ladies go about "choosing" a partner? and then really how do ya get up the gumption to do it??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009 05:05:28 AM »

This is so tempting. If someone tempts me I might just have to partake in this one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009 07:13:56 AM »

How do you ladies go about "choosing" a partner? and then really how do ya get up the gumption to do it??

If there is someone who makes things you are interested in getting (like for me, I don't sew with a machine at all, so I usually look for people that sew) that you have been admiring in the threads and galleries, and you make things that they might like (for instance if you have things that you do which they have on their wists) - then send a PM and say something like "I really admire those bird drawings that you do - would you like to join the IYP with me? what do you think I could make that you would like, how about _______ which I saw is on your wist?"

or something like that  Wink

Add the link in case they have no clue what the IYP is - and sort of decide between you how much of a package to do.

I have to say that I usually have my partners for the next round by the time the current round is over so I haven't gone partner shopping for a while, but it isn't that hard to do as long as you don't take it personally if someone says "hmmm, I don't think I want that _________ because I was really hoping for ___________, can you do that?" and if you can't, it is just a matter of saying "I can't do that, so maybe another time" or even if you know someone that does you can refer them on and ask them if they know of anyone that might suit you - like the time me and one potential partner decided not to pair up because she really wanted something sewn (which I don't do), but I think we both ended up with another partner out of the conversation.

Usually I end up with one partner I am crafting for and one I am sending mostly supplies to.  Wink

people that live in the USA and can get cute fabrics, paper crafting supplies, or nifty yarn can get partners in UK or EU or several other countries that will craft for them in exchange for cute supplies they can't get at home - and they will be very happy for that chance! Though I do like to craft at least one thing in every package, even the ones that are mostly supplies. The postage is killer sometimes, but if you have stuff in your stash that you can send that you don't need, that balances out the postage a lot, and the flat rate is great when sending supplies out.

I like the notion that I am encouraging craftiness around the world so I like sending supplies all over the place  Grin  but not everyone wants to do that. 

also - superhooker usually posts a list of people interested in finding a partner on the beginning of the thread so you can check them to see if any of them would be a good match up for you.

It is fun - remember that it is FUN - to ask someone to the dance and even if it doesn't work out they are flattered to be asked!

Ronda
Blessings!

ps - superhooker - my info is on the way for both my current partners!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009 07:15:02 AM by RondaS » THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
fusbdgt
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009 09:45:28 AM »

thanks for all the nifty advice Ronda!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009 09:50:14 AM »

I did this round for IYP10 with hockamama, as I LOVE her owl bags, SO thrilled with EVERYTHING I got from her on that...I sat out last round as well, mostly because I think I was full up on swaps with none ending soon enough to join.  I just submitted a questionnaire for the Fill a Purse swap, so I may not make it in here again...I also have to slow down on the swapping due to shortages on CA$H....BLEH  Tongue  Will bookmark this one and see how things go!

Also, another easy way to ask someone to be your partner on this is if you were partners with them in another swap and were thrilled with a package from them before...may be easier than looking around at folks you don't know at all and mustering the courage to ask!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009 09:51:32 AM by TheSapphireMoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
Pinky Yarn
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009 01:23:43 PM »

This sounds fun. Off to go shop for a partner.  Smiley And clean my living room. I told myself, and my boyfriend, no more big swaps until the living room is clean, but we're getting rid of the fish tank tomorrow so that'll make quite a bit of space. Yay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay finally done moving!

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help'." - Ronald Reagan
maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009 01:30:07 PM »

I did it! Finally ha dthe guts to ask murbeck and she said YES!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too many ads ruin a mediocre site.
princesspimp81
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2009 01:33:08 PM »

There are so many awesome people signing up for this one!  *waves to PinkyYarn*  I've already got my two partners, but I could have found a zillion in here!  This is gonna be a great group!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

My Wist
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2009 02:54:59 PM »

I did it! Finally ha dthe guts to ask murbeck and she said YES!  Grin

Of course I said yes!  Wink  We were in a few swaps together in the past but never partnered, though I was waiting (and looking forward to) for it happen, but it never did!  I was thrilled when you asked me  Smiley

Rhonda, I loved the analogy of being asked to the dance  Cheesy  Very cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 67 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Revamp Your Old Clothes with Lace
3 New Ways to Wear a Vest
4 Wedding Guest Dresses You Can Wear Again
How to Wear Neon Colors
How to Dress Well For the Office
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...